Will an American feel welcome on the QM2

nitnyleo

What, just something I picked up on a date once. You know how it is. :cool:

And we hope that it cleared up with penicillin!!:D

Jack Higgins was the same, early writing was better then what he now produces. Alistair became a little to fond of the scotch.

Give Cormac McCarthy a read sometime. The name is somewhat deceptive of what he writes.

It's getting hot here, so I was out transplanting Papayas, Plumeria and pruning lime trees as well as spreading poison for tropical fire ants. This ain't Paradise.

What a varied and interesting life you do lead Cap'n, but you should be wary of tropical fruits.

Gari

Thanks for your medical advice, Dr Goun, It is appreciated, even at this somewhat late moment in time. Most people don't give a fig.

Thanks for your medical advice, Dr Goun, It is appreciated, even at this somewhat late moment in time. Most people don't give a fig.

You're lucky Capn'

Dr Gari's treatment of choice is a stiff wire brush and dettol!

J

Most people don't give a fig.

Legal liabilities being what they are these days, most people are afraid to.

Essex does appear in a number of states aside from Connecticut, even in Montana where it appears to be between Buzzard's Breath and Buffalo Wallow.

Just out of idle curiosity, what is a marmite sarny?

Essex does appear in a number of states aside from Connecticut...

There's even an Essex County in NJ! :) ...with some recent claim to fame...from wikipedia: The various towns of the county, especially Newark, the Oranges, and the Caldwells can be seen in every episode of the HBO mob drama The Sopranos, which is set in North Caldwell. Do you get The Sopranos? I know it was popular on this side of the pond, but I never saw an episode since I don't get HBO.

There's even an Essex County in NJ! :) ...with some recent claim to fame...from wikipedia: The various towns of the county, especially Newark, the Oranges, and the Caldwells can be seen in every episode of the HBO mob drama The Sopranos, which is set in North Caldwell. Do you get The Sopranos? I know it was popular on this side of the pond, but I never saw an episode since I don't get HBO.

And Essex, Connecticut is quite famous as well. Watch the steam train on Utube and see why!

Archived