Will an American feel welcome on the QM2

nitnyleo

Quahogs are a hard shell clam used in clam chowders, and are found from Prince Edward Island to the Yucatan Peninsula, but are most common along the North-East US seaboard. The name is from a Narraganset word. It's also the official shellfish of Rhode Island.

Isn't travel educational? ;)

It's taken me a long time to answer this post as all afternoon I have been convulsed with helpless, hysterical incredulous laughter at the idea of an OFFICIAL shellfish. What are Oh No I'm off again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gari

icon10.gificon10.gificon10.gificon10.gif

It's taken me a long time to answer this post as all afternoon I have been convulsed with helpless, hysterical incredulous laughter at the idea of an OFFICIAL shellfish. What are Oh No I'm off again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gari

Well, live, learn and laugh some more Gari, the official shellfish of Connecticut is the Eastern Oyster. And you know what oysters do, don't you?

Good God.

Is there any part of anything you people don't eat?

It has been said of pigs at our packing plants that they process everything but the squeal!!

I've always thought that a number of pig orifices went into the making of Spam.

This is starting to make haggis sound good..........

We won't rush to judgment on that one!!:)

And just to make Gari's day a little brighter Lurker, ours is the Lightning Welk!!

Gari

Moi aussi. And what made it so much funnier was, it wasn't one of the big posh states that take it in turn to buy the presidency, but RHODE ISLAND. Isn't that a hen?

It's time to explore this further. Shall we use Scotland?

Official food: deep-fried Mars Bar.

Official drink: whatever's in the fridge.

Official laxative: watching Scotland play ---- (insert sport of choice).

Official tree: Lonesome Pine

Official shellfish: lingi - languit - larguss - big prawns.

Head of State: you mean the Head of the Head of State, which at any random moment in history is most likely to be hanging from something in London.

Official song: pick one of 46 dirges about Englishmen being bayonted. We like all of them.

Official language: if you work it out, let us know. We can't even understand ourselves.

Official capital: Edinburgh. No Glasgow ya bam. Edinburgh you scumbag. GLASOW!!! EDINBURGH!!!! Sigh. Like they're 26 miles apart......

Official official: who cares, he's probably English.

Take it away............

:D

Reminds me of the time we were visiting my cousin in RI and I said how delicious the beans were. "How do you make them like this?" "Open the tin and warm them!" (They were nothing like Heinz!) :D

That would be a horror to a true Rhode Islander, no canned beans please! :) We make ours from scratch with lots of molasses and brown sugar...no tomato! :D and no prairie oysters for me...blech! :) Now a good stuffed quahog is a delicious treat. :)

Scottish occupation with something other than sheep.

Teaching piping to all of those plaid clad Americans in the summer just so they can come back and play the 46 dirges at funerals, parades, and Bar Mitzvahs!

Loved the head of the head of state BTW, as it seems to have been an equal opportunity sport for men, women, and children!

Could be a hen or a cock. :p

It's such a small state they have to go either way in Rhode Island, no homophobes there!!:D

I thought I saw something about educational activities in Scotland, but some one must have pulled the wool over my eyes.

It's such a small state they have to go either way in Rhode Island, no homophobes there!!:D

I thought I saw something about educational activities in Scotland, but some one must have pulled the wool over my eyes.

LOL Yes, this increases the chances of getting a date! ;)

Moi aussi. And what made it so much funnier was, it wasn't one of the big posh states that take it in turn to buy the presidency, but RHODE ISLAND. Isn't that a hen?

It's time to explore this further. Shall we use Scotland?

Official food: deep-fried Mars Bar.

Official drink: whatever's in the fridge.

Official laxative: watching Scotland play ---- (insert sport of choice).

Official tree: Lonesome Pine

Official shellfish: lingi - languit - larguss - big prawns.

Head of State: you mean the Head of the Head of State, which at any random moment in history is most likely to be hanging from something in London.

Official song: pick one of 46 dirges about Englishmen being bayonted. We like all of them.

Official language: if you work it out, let us know. We can't even understand ourselves.

Official capital: Edinburgh. No Glasgow ya bam. Edinburgh you scumbag. GLASOW!!! EDINBURGH!!!! Sigh. Like they're 26 miles apart......

Official official: who cares, he's probably English.

Take it away............

:D

No wonder some of my best ancestors left the place! (And we deny the unfortunate rumor that one of them was three steps ahead of the sheriff . . . :eek:)

I think you must be confusing us Scots with the Welsh! Baaa! ;)

Ha hahahah Hohohoho Heeheeheeh!! There is more than one state with an OFFICIAL shell fish? Dear lord above! Do you have OFFICIAL Insects; Arachnids; Ceteceans;Cephalopods; Sausages; Fungusususes; Mosses?

Is there is no end to this lunacy. Heeeeheeee. This has made my day.icon10.gif An OFFICIAL bloody shellfish. You couldn't make it up. Who does make it up? The Official dipstick? How much does he/she get paid? Can I have a job? Stop with the official stuff, I'm in grave danger of becoming incontinent and there men in white coats knocking at my door.

Gareee heeee heeee heeee!

Ha hahahah Hohohoho Heeheeheeh!! There is more than one state with an OFFICIAL shell fish? Dear lord above! Do you have OFFICIAL Insects; Arachnids; Ceteceans;Cephalopods; Sausages; Fungusususes; Mosses?

Is there is no end to this lunacy. Heeeeheeee. This has made my day.icon10.gif An OFFICIAL bloody shellfish. You couldn't make it up. Who does make it up? The Official dipstick? How much does he/she get paid? Can I have a job? Stop with the official stuff, I'm in grave danger of becoming incontinent and there men in white coats knocking at my door.

Gareee heeee heeee heeee!

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it (and I don't mean the men/women in white coats). Try these links :D

http://www.50states.com/bird/

http://www.netstate.com/states/tables/state_fish.htm

http://forestry.about.com/od/treeandforestcelebration/a/state_trees.htm

etc., etc., etc.,

Archived