Fully or partially obstructed v. inside

QuilterStamper

Is a fully or partially obstructed view worth the difference over an inside room for an Alaska southbound trip? Am looking at the Sapphire Princess and E408 and E419 are listed as partially obstructed. There are also some fully obstructed rooms available. Was previously on the Sun Princess with an inside room. Just want to know if I should pay the extra? Thanks.

If the price isnt a lot more, Id take one. Some are more obstructed than others. Im sure you know you are looking thru lifeboats. Try and pick a cabin where you have more of a view. Some are better than others.

I was supposed to have one of the E obstructed cabins on the Caribbean Princess and we paid to upgrade to L103, because those cabins are bigger and higher up. We only had to pay $25 pp, but I dont think there are more obstructed cabins to choose from on your ship. Look at the deck plans and see which cabins the life boats are not directly in front of the cabin, but just the ends are there, so you have more view.

Id want to see going to Alaska myself for sure, even if not a great view.

There're some other things besides lifeboats that get in the way of the view. Ropes, pulleys, big board things are some of the things I've seen from the outside of ships. Looking at the deckplan for the Saphire, I'd go for E419 over E408, simply because E408 is next to a fully obstructed FF cabin. Who know what that obstruction is, but it might get in the way of E408 as well. E419 is the last of that category and might have a better view. Such is my wild eyed guess anyway. :)

Archived