Which Pier for Liberty in Cozumel?

Nezmo

I dont know the name of it, but its about 3 miles out of town where all Carnival ships now port in Cozumel. Expensive little new stores and restaurant there, all built new obviously. You wouldnt find any deals, even the internet cafe was a lot more $$$ than the one in town I used to go to.

I'm really just trying to plan my time there... not really bothered about the stores although I'm sure I'll take a quick look. More concerned how I will crawl back to the ship after Carlos & Charlies. I do NOT intend to become a pier runner and be the subject of laughter and tears in a few threads in here after my cruise :D.

I'm really just trying to plan my time there... not really bothered about the stores although I'm sure I'll take a quick look. More concerned how I will crawl back to the ship after Carlos & Charlies. I do NOT intend to become a pier runner and be the subject of laughter and tears in a few threads in here after my cruise :D.

I think Cozumel Insider posts it weekly.

It has been Puerta Maya which is rebuilt....Carlos & Charlies is not at this pier....there is Fat Tuesdays and Three (??) Amigos and also a place called Panchos Backyard which is more of a restaurant but has FABULOUS drinks and views of the ship.

We shared appetizers at Panchos and I had a great Mojito and tried a friends Margarita.....they were huge, freshly made and strong!

We also went to Three (or is it Four??) Amigos for a drink before getting back on the ship.

I am going to try and get the pics I took of the Liberty in Coz posted on the Roll Call tomorrow........

SEE YA THERE :D

We shared appetizers at Panchos and I had a great Mojito and tried a friends Margarita.....they were huge, freshly made and strong!

I'll second Pancho's! The service was fabulous as was the food (chicken nachos) and drinks (lemonade for the little kids and margaritas for us big kids). Almost $70 with tip for the 4 nacho plates and drinks, but it was GOOD.

There is a pretty good party place called "Fat Tuesday" just a few steps away from the ship. We were there a few weeks ago and it was hopping.

Puerta Maya dock about 4 miles west of Carlos and Charlies....And I was overserved at Fat Tuesdays a few weeks ago also..LOL...Dennis

I think Cozumel Insider posts it weekly.

It has been Puerta Maya which is rebuilt....Carlos & Charlies is not at this pier....there is Fat Tuesdays and Three (??) Amigos and also a place called Panchos Backyard which is more of a restaurant but has FABULOUS drinks and views of the ship.

We also went to Three (or is it Four??) Amigos for a drink before getting back on the ship.

I am going to try and get the pics I took of the Liberty in Coz posted on the Roll Call tomorrow........

SEE YA THERE :D

Thanks Liza, and others that posted.

I have a funny story about Fat Tuesday's on St. Thomas. On my second cruise I was with friends I had met on my first cruise. At the end of the day before we tendered back to the ship, the girls were off shopping and Mike and I spent several hours working our way along the wall of frozen drinks in FT's. We were on the patio and watching our ship, the Norway, move around out at sea as it adjusted to the currents and got ready for the sail away later on. Anyway, Mike and I got more and more hammered as the time went on when suddenly the ship went out of view behind some land. Mike and I freaked thinking we had missed the last tender and I ran off in to the streets trying to find the girls. I came back empty handed. Fifteen minutes later the girls came back to two very ill looking men. Needless to say the ship had not left yet and we felt like idiots. Later that night the girls went to dinner on their own while I slept it off... until Mike knocked on my cabin door to rouse me for the night. I guess I was still drunk as I answered the door stark naked.

I have a funny story about Fat Tuesday's on St. Thomas. On my second cruise I was with friends I had met on my first cruise. At the end of the day before we tendered back to the ship, the girls were off shopping and Mike and I spent several hours working our way along the wall of frozen drinks in FT's. We were on the patio and watching our ship, the Norway, move around out at sea as it adjusted to the currents and got ready for the sail away later on. Anyway, Mike and I got more and more hammered as the time went on when suddenly the ship went out of view behind some land. Mike and I freaked thinking we had missed the last tender and I ran off in to the streets trying to find the girls. I came back empty handed. Fifteen minutes later the girls came back to two very ill looking men. Needless to say the ship had not left yet and we felt like idiots. Later that night the girls went to dinner on their own while I slept it off... until Mike knocked on my cabin door to rouse me for the night. I guess I was still drunk as I answered the door stark naked.

LOL!!!!

If we have a gathering in YOUR cabin after Cozumel I will be sure to knock on your door without my kids with me :eek:

I think I would have just about died if I saw my ship moving without me on it!!!!

LOL!!!!

If we have a gathering in YOUR cabin after Cozumel I will be sure to knock on your door without my kids with me :eek:

I think I would have just about died if I saw my ship moving without me on it!!!!

More to the point, keep me out of Fat Tuesday's on Cozumel!

Okay, maybe not :D.

I dont know the name of it, but its about 3 miles out of town where all Carnival ships now port in Cozumel. Expensive little new stores and restaurant there, all built new obviously. You wouldnt find any deals, even the internet cafe was a lot more $$$ than the one in town I used to go to.

Not all Carnival ships put in at Puerta Maya. If that pier is full (four ships?), the others have to dock at the International Pier a few miles north. This happened to us on our February 16th sailing (along with the NCL Pearl on the other side of the dock).

If you call your PVP during regular business hours, they can call someone who knows where you are scheduled to dock, but that's still not a gaurantee. In our case, they switched us from Puerta Maya to the International Pier while we were in Progreso the day before. The Ecstasy, with the same itinerary as us, got to Cozumel an hour before us, and they got a spot at Puerta Maya.

Not all Carnival ships put in at Puerta Maya. If that pier is full (four ships?), the others have to dock at the International Pier a few miles north. This happened to us on our February 16th sailing (along with the NCL Pearl on the other side of the dock).

If you call your PVP during regular business hours, they can call someone who knows where you are scheduled to dock, but that's still not a gaurantee. In our case, they switched us from Puerta Maya to the International Pier while we were in Progreso the day before. The Ecstasy, with the same itinerary as us, got to Cozumel an hour before us, and they got a spot at Puerta Maya.

This is very true.......however there is only one other ship in port with the Liberty for us (OP is on my Roll Call) - Carnival Freedom - and they have been side to side at Puerta Maya lately so although it is of course subject to change, this is the most likely scenario......BUT for others reading this thread......the above is spot on and you should check into it further!!!

Guess this was the naked reference you made on our roll call.

We might have to cab it back from C&C's as we have Fat Tuesdays down here and I would rather visit places that I can in Florida.

Guess this was the naked reference you made on our roll call.

We might have to cab it back from C&C's as we have Fat Tuesdays down here and I would rather visit places that I can in Florida.

Busted :D.

I think we'll be at C&Cs too to be honest. Maybe a quick, last drink in Fat Tuesday's before we get back on the boat.

Archived