Carnival shows at night.. are kids ok to attend?

incruzcontrol2

Hello..

Just wondering what your thoughts were about kids attending the shows at night? We'd like to watch the shows at night, but we have a five year old son with us and no other adults around to watch him.. Are the Carnival shows at night kid friendly?

Thanks.

Hello..

Just wondering what your thoughts were about kids attending the shows at night? We'd like to watch the shows at night, but we have a five year old son with us and no other adults around to watch him.. Are the Carnival shows at night kid friendly?

Thanks.

The early shows are more like 'spectaculars'... lots of music, dancing and such.

You should know that some of the costumes are a bit scanty but nothing worse than what you'll see on the Lido Deck midday...

The late evening shows are R rated so no kids...

:)

It depends on your son - we took our 7yo son last year and he loved it. We had early seating, so went to the early shows. Our tablemates had their 5 year old son. Our boys had a great time - imagine Las Vegas type pageantry.

However, my 7 yo nephew would hate every second of the show and not want to stay....

So, depends on your son.....

Have fun!!

Tamara

Hello..

Thanks.

He would probably not get the comedian and maybe not the hypnotist (if they have one). Now, a juggling act or vegas style show, he might be entertained by.

Any reason you wouldn't use Camp? My boys (5 and 10) have gone 3 years in a row and love it. They do all kinds of fun stuff from art to face painting to exerseas to ABSeas (reading) to movies. It is open from 7-10 every night and if you have early seating dinner, the show will let out before 10.

That's one of the reasons that we love a CCL vacation because there is plenty of adult time and the kids are still having a blast.

Just make sure you read the capers everyday and find out which shows would be acceptable for the young ones. Let him try camp carnival. Most likely he will love it and this won't even be an issue in deciding to take him with you or not.

Late night is for adults for sure. Camp Carnival is a great alternative if you cannot find someone to watch your child. Even the after hours is affordable enough so that you can enjoy the show.:D

My 6 year old daughter LOVED the vegas style shows even though "there hinies must be cold". I'd like to reccomend NOT being in the balcony (if there is one) for the theater during the magician. You can see how most of the tricks are done and would be a spoiler for a kid. Also the camp carnival after hours is only $6/hr for first I believe $3/hr for additional.

I'd like to reccomend NOT being in the balcony (if there is one) for the theater during the magician. You can see how most of the tricks are done and would be a spoiler for a kid..

Wha wha whaaaat? They don't use real "magicians"?

Thanks to everyone for their input :D

We are planning on using the Camp but I thought it might be nice to bring him to some of the shows as well (magician act sounds great); plus I don't want him to be in the camp day and night (unless he wants to stay there :rolleyes:)

I know we'll have the capers but does anyone know the times of the show? approximate? Someone mentioned there's an early one and a late one?

Thanks again!

Can someone explain the show times, etc. On RCCL I recall they had 1 show per night and it was the same show early and late. IIRC, the late dining saw the show before dinner and the early dining saw the show after. There may have been other later shows but I don't recall that.

So on Carnival are there shows after dinner and then a later show. Can people eating late dinner actually miss a show because of their dining time with no option to see it?

Thanks

Oh, I'm also very excited to hear about the thongs!!! ;) :)

On our last cruise, we made more of an effort to bring DD(5) to the night shows and she definitely enjoyed the vegas style shows. I thought she would enjoy the magician, but it freaked her out. She didn't like the noise and pyrotechnic effects of some of the shows. Unfortunately, she'd figured out early on in the cruise that the Camp staff will call Mom and Dad if so requested. ;)

Make an early night and eat early at the lido. Then take in a early show with your kid. Those are PG. Look at what they're offering that night. The magician would be fun for a kid..the vegas shows, comedian maybe not so much.

It would be well worth skipping the main dining room for the magic show for your kid for one night.

Or do the supper club with late seating..and do the magic show with kid earlier..then camp carnival for the kid, while you sit down for an adult diner. (depends on show times for that plan).

They'll remember it. I know I did when I was 10 and saw one on board a ship the 70's.

Then later, do the camp carnival and take in the late night yourself. Win/Win.

OMG...my granddaughters LOVE the production shows and have since they were about 2 years old. One of them would be good all day and remind us that she was being good because she wanted to see the "singing and dancing" that night. I've never seen such a still child in the dining room on the nights there was a show.

It was a bigger highlight to her than Camp Carnival ever was but each child is different. It was a highlight to us to take her to something she is so crazy about. :)

Hello..

Thanks.

our son loves the shows, we take him to all the shows which we feel are appropriate. I mean he see's women at the beach in thongs, so no big deal. We just don't take him to the late shows which most are not appropriate for kids, at that time we utilize the camp carnival babysitting, and he loves it. Heck we have a hard time getting him out of there on sea days, lol

Can someone explain the show times, etc. On RCCL I recall they had 1 show per night and it was the same show early and late. IIRC, the late dining saw the show before dinner and the early dining saw the show after. There may have been other later shows but I don't recall that.

So on Carnival are there shows after dinner and then a later show. Can people eating late dinner actually miss a show because of their dining time with no option to see it?

Thanks

Oh, I'm also very excited to hear about the thongs!!! ;) :)

There's usually 1 main show per night with two showings. First night (Welcome Aboard Show) will only have one show at 10:30. If you're on a cruise with the Legends or guest talent show, they will only have one showing that night as well. The nights they have the production shows, magicians, etc will have two showings - around 8:30 and 10:30. Early seating dinner goes to 8:30 show; late seating goes to 10:30. Occasionally, if there's another activity going on later at night, the cruise director may move the show for late seating to 7. There's a late night R rated comedy show at midnight several nights of the cruise, but not every night. Regardless of dinner seating, you should be able to catch the show.

All the production shows at night are fine. There is usually an early and late version, both which are the same. It's the late night shows that are usually R, and are not usually in the main production lounge, but the smaller venues.

I've taken my now 10 year old to the shows since she was 4, and the worst she picked up was strutting around the room once, converting her underwear to a thong :eek:, strutting around saying she was a showgirl. She only became aware of it as she got older.

You may wish to avoid the afternoon game shows like the Not So Newlywed game, which borders on risque, but may go over their heads as well.

There's usually 1 main show per night with two showings. First night (Welcome Aboard Show) will only have one show at 10:30. If you're on a cruise with the Legends or guest talent show, they will only have one showing that night as well. The nights they have the production shows, magicians, etc will have two showings - around 8:30 and 10:30. Early seating dinner goes to 8:30 show; late seating goes to 10:30. Occasionally, if there's another activity going on later at night, the cruise director may move the show for late seating to 7. There's a late night R rated comedy show at midnight several nights of the cruise, but not every night. Regardless of dinner seating, you should be able to catch the show.

Thanks for the info!

Have to laugh about the thongs... doesn't anyone realize there are full coverage pantyhose under those things???

Oh? We were surprised at the amount of moles some of the girls had back there. :eek:

All the production shows at night are fine. There is usually an early and late version, both which are the same. It's the late night shows that are usually R, and are not usually in the main production lounge, but the smaller venues.

I've taken my now 10 year old to the shows since she was 4, and the worst she picked up was strutting around the room once, converting her underwear to a thong :eek:, strutting around saying she was a showgirl. She only became aware of it as she got older.

You may wish to avoid the afternoon game shows like the Not So Newlywed game, which borders on risque, but may go over their heads as well.

Of course, well behaved children are preferred.

Archived