Tuxedo Rental since RCI took over.

seaver

Haven't rented since the changeover but I did notice that for our five night Navigator cruise, they offer a reduced price for tuxedo rentals for short cruises. Since there is usually only one formal night on these cruises, it is attractive not to have to pay the full amount that would be charged on a longer cruise. I don't know how many of the tuxes I saw on our cruise were rentals, but all seemed to be of good quality, so I have to believe that the new vendor is providing acceptable quality tuxes.

Thanks negc for your feedback.

For our upcoming cruise it will be the first time we will use the RCI tux rental service as for all previous ones we used Cruiseline Formal.

If anyone else has any experiences to share they would be greatly appreciated. I think I saw somewhere that the charges are now added to your seapass account so you don't pay up front but I'm not sure.

Thanks negc for your feedback.

For our upcoming cruise it will be the first time we will use the RCI tux rental service as for all previous ones we used Cruiseline Formal.

If anyone else has any experiences to share they would be greatly appreciated. I think I saw somewhere that the charges are now added to your seapass account so you don't pay up front but I'm not sure.

True charges are added to your seapass account.I love the fact that now can have a long tie as well as a bow tie!

Both DH and DBIL rented on our Mariner cruise last August. The tuxes were fine and we had no problems .... I really liked the tux with the vest and tie. It looked very nice. Jan

edit to add that we paid RCCL for the tuxes prior to the trip

If you cruise more than once a year, it probably makes a lot more sense just to buy your own tuxedo for ~$200 new.

I bought my tux for that very reason, but with the airline luggage restrictions and our tendency to overpack anyway, I have decided that renting a tux for our cruises makes more sense than it used to. If we were driving to and from the ship, I would probably take my own tuxedo but if a flight is involved it is one less thing that I have to pack and carry.:)

I had a rental tux from RCCL in late February. Seemed just like the ones I have in the past before they took over. The shoes were new and still in the box (I wouldn't expect that to last long).

My only complaint was the web booking site. It is horrible! Its like a 4 yr old made it or someone that has not used the internet since the late 80s (i.e. pre html). Also, when I tried to call (twice) RCCL to book the tux because I was having internet issues, they said they can't book over the phone and all reservations had to be done online.

I ordered a tux on line for our recent Indy cruise. I was having problems with the website that whole morning.. but the order finally went through... Or so I thought. I had a confirmation number...

But, when we arrived at the Indy, we noticed throughout the first day that the tux was not in the cabin. I inquired about it with our cabin steward and he sent someone from the tuxedo department to our cabin. Well, the order was not there... But they did remeasure DH right there and ordered a new tux for him. There was some slight miscommunication about whether or not they had the upgraded long tie and vest available... but through a few discussions with guest services, the tux ( that was remeasured there) and the tie/vest were delivered to our cabin.

We have always rented a tux...and even with the slight snafoo... would do it again. Especially now with the luggage restrictions... a purchased tux would take up too much room in the bags!!

If you cruise more than once a year, it probably makes a lot more sense just to buy your own tuxedo for ~$200 new.

I agree. I picked up a tux at Kohls during one of their sales and a coupon for 20% off.

I bought my tux for that very reason, but with the airline luggage restrictions and our tendency to overpack anyway, I have decided that renting a tux for our cruises makes more sense than it used to. If we were driving to and from the ship, I would probably take my own tuxedo but if a flight is involved it is one less thing that I have to pack and carry.:)

We bring a garment bag and the tux goes in there. That bag would be coming regardless of whether I pack a tux or not because I will need to bring a suit and my Wife's dresses and such.

Archived