another question

Cabinboy1943

Hi All

I would like to think this is the last question I will bore you with on this subject but I cannot promise. On the Baltic cruise we are calling at Helsinki. Does anyone know how close the berth is to town or if buses, taxis, etc are readily available? We just want to have a wander about, having never been there before. Thank you.

regards

cabinboy

We were in Helsinki with Ventura last June. There was a double decker bus within near sight of the pier which did city tours at very reasonable rates (sorry cant remember the price, but if it had been expensive we wouldn't have gone for it!). It was a hop on - hop off so we got to see all the sights and have lunch (pricey!) in town.

Caryl

Cabinboy you could have posted this on the Baltic Info thread [ the thread which you started ] What's the point of starting a thread for one question. Get a grip.

Hi stopgo

I will refer you to a comment made by my eldest son about me. Quote.My incompetence with computers cannot ever be over estimated. Unquote. I promise I will get a grip as soon as I know what one looks like and where to find it. I will then just have to learn what to do with it.:confused:

Hi jeanlyon, just to prove the accuracy of my sons remarks I was not aware of the link you sent me. Thank you for that. I will now have a lie down in a darkened room for a while and listen to Nimrod from Elgars Enigma Variations. That usually puts me back on the same planet as everyone else.

Happy Cruising :)

Kindest regards

cabinboy

I was having trouble with my computer. So I called John, the 11 year old next door whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to come over.

John clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.

As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?

He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'

I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, 'An, ID ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'

John grinned. 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?''

No,' I replied.

'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'

So I wrote down: I D 1 0 T

The little rascal!!!

Okay, I will overlook it in this instance. I will take into consideration your age and that your memory must be going for the fact that you didn't remember the Baltic Thread [ even though you started it ] I am looking to make an example of somebody over this frequent misuse of the Message Board. So please check that a thread hasn't been started before starting a new one.

Hi Cabinboy

Just to say when we went to Helsinki there was a free shuttle into the town centre. The shuttle drops you right in the centre of the shopping area. It was an easy place to wander around and they had a lovely market there on the day we went . Definately worth a visit.

Hope you have a lovely time

Sue

P.S. Stopgo - don't know why you had to post a such a rude response to Cabinboy. So what if he's posted before about the Baltic!!!!!!! Who cares if it annoys you!

Okay, I will overlook it in this instance. I will take into consideration your age and that your memory must be going for the fact that you didn't remember the Baltic Thread [ even though you started it ] I am looking to make an example of somebody over this frequent misuse of the Message Board. So please check that a thread hasn't been started before starting a new one.

We are all deeply sorry Mrs. Moderator, please find it in you to bless us with your forgiveness.

Thank you.

:D

Hi All

I have now had my lie down in a darkened room and listened to Nimrod three times. Thus fortified I now feel much better. Many thanks for the other replies regarding buses, they answer my questions perfectly. As for cost of food we had a light lunch in Bergen a couple of years ago sat outside a cafe and it cost us over £40.

Thank you Suebiker for springing to my defence. I am delighted to see the stopgo is suitably chastened. Thanks all once again.

Kindest regards

cabinboy

P.S. Stopgo - don't know why you had to post a such a rude response to Cabinboy. So what if he's posted before about the Baltic!!!!!!! Who cares if it annoys you!

Precisely no-one!!

:D

Hi All

I would like to think this is the last question I will bore you with on this subject but I cannot promise. On the Baltic cruise we are calling at Helsinki. Does anyone know how close the berth is to town or if buses, taxis, etc are readily available? We just want to have a wander about, having never been there before. Thank you.

regards

cabinboy

When you get off the free shuttle bus, you are within walking distance of the fish market. Take your camera, as some fish is sold directly from small boats.

It wasn't rude blunt maybe but not rude. It doesn't annoy me ether, he posted it on the wrong thread. I pointed that out and he took in good spirit, and we have livened up an otherwise dull topic.

Rude, blunt whatever you want to call it - if it didn't annoy you then why post it. Yes Cabinboy took it in good humour - but that only because he's not stupid enough to take the bait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue

Rude, blunt whatever you want to call it - if it didn't annoy you then why post it. Yes Cabinboy took it in good humour - but that only because he's not stupid enough to take the bait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue

I pointed out that there was already a thread about this topic [ one which he had started ] As you have only made 18 post and been a member one month I think its fair to say you don't know me, that being the case I don't think you can judge what I am thinking. I don't know Cabinboy but he seems a perfectly fine chap to me.

I pointed out that there was already a thread about this topic [ one which he had started ] As you have only made 18 post and been a member one month I think its fair to say you don't know me, that being the case I don't think you can judge what I am thinking. I don't know Cabinboy but he seems a perfectly fine chap to me.

No you are right I don't know you but the manner in which you posted on this occasion seemed rude and unnecessary.

Sue

Archived