When did it sink in that the cruise was over

drivemecrazy

When the Sail & Sign bill came.

Actually, after the 11 hour drive home, I stopped up the block from the house and let out that last little "it's over" sigh... Then I unloaded the truck and jumped online to start looking for the next one!

For me it was on the way home and we stopped at Dairy Queen and I ordered chocolate melting cake and they didn't have it! And the next morning I had to make my own breakfast. Life is cruel.

When those uncaring insensitive Carnival employees made me get off the ship. :mad:

For me it was on the way home and we stopped at Dairy Queen and I ordered chocolate melting cake and they didn't have it! And the next morning I had to make my own breakfast. Life is cruel.

It took us quite a few days to get on with life as we knew it before the cruise, lol. I think we were all a little depressed it was over.

I think cruising is going to become an addiction for us, we already booked our next cruise for November. :p

Now that is funny! I tried to stuff some of that chocolate melting cake in my luggage...didn't look pretty when I got home...just kidding..had to go get that macaroni grill volcano cake...or whatever it is called..close, but no carnival desert, i just couldn't make the same noise!

While packing my bags late on the last night and listening to the porters haul all the suitcases away.... You don't want to go to bed the last night because you know that when you do, the cruise is over. Let's take one more walk on deck or stop by a nightclub for a drink or toss a few more nickels into a slot machine...

When I stop to buy gas for the drive home and the Chevron station won't accept my S&S card!:p

No, it really hits when I go back to the cabin on the last night and all of the alcohol I purchased is in my room.:mad:

The moment I start packing on the last day..Or if at a Private Island, getting on the tender...It is soooooooooooo over for me....I am getting better though..Years ago I started getting depressed about it being over around mid week!!LOL

For me, it was the last evening when I realized how much fun I was having.

It being my first cruise, I didn't realize that the cruise itself was the highlight of the trip. I thought I was there to see Mexico. After the second excursion I realized, "to heck with the excursions. The fun is HERE." When that knowledge really sunk in, it was our last day, and we kept the party going all night long--all the while feeling that if we continued to party, it would never end.

alas.

Archived