When did it sink in that the cruise was over

drivemecrazy

This is cracking me up. Our first cruise we were heading back to Galveston from Cozumel and it was dark my DH and I were standing in the front of the ship looking out and the guy next to us turned to us and stated "So this is how the people on the Titanic felt right before they sunk":rolleyes: I laugh about it now but I wasn't laughing then. :cool:

My family was on the Conquest March 8-15. They did play the theme song of the Titanic! We laughed! Same night we were all dressed up(Elegant night) and decided to have our family portrait taken. The background was this beautiful "grand staircase" which we later figured out that it was the Titanic Grand Staircase! LOL!

It sunk in for us that the cruise was over when I was up until 2:30 am packing all of our stuff, then it really sunk in when we were kicked off the boat!

When we arrived at the airport to fly home and had to pay for food...how terrible:)
Well that is just awful.

Don't they know what tender psychological state cruisers are in, immediately post-cruise?

Where is the American Medical Association when you need them?

We should be able to flash our Sail & Sign cards and get the stuff free

or at the very least get a 50% discount! :cool:

Stop, you're all making me cry! I think it starts to set in when we are packing on the last day and then it really hits me when I go out on our balcony and we are back in port right where we started. Down right depressing it is. That last "doink" is sort of the final straw. The only things I have found to help are getting on Cruise Critic and then booking the next cruise:cool: CC is what group therapy must be like -- sure helps!

On deck watching the sunrise as the ship pulls into home port :(

Me too-- I cried. I started getting depressed about 6:00pm the last night, but watching the sun come up the day of debarking, oh my...

So, we booked another cruise today!!! It is the only way to recover!!

When the elevator at work doesn't tell me in a very soothing voice what floor I am on.

I think the "elevator lady" on the Fascination was vacationing on another cruise. There was no elevator voice telling me which floor I was on. I actually had to look above the elevator door to see which floor number was lit. Imagine! :eek:

You can bet I didn't leave an extra tip for her before they kicked me off the ship!:mad:

When I pull my sweatsuit out of the suitcase to wear the next day on the drive home......Or better yet when you go to breakfast on the last day and everyone is walking around with long pants and long sleeves. We always cruise in December so you can tell people are going back to cold weather.

The moment I start packing on the last day..Or if at a Private Island, getting on the tender...It is soooooooooooo over for me....I am getting better though..Years ago I started getting depressed about it being over around mid week!!LOL

Yep, that's me!!!:eek: Thursday, if we are to get back on Sunday, I get this horrible sinking feeling that it is almost over:( So, then I am forced to order a couple of DOD's to drown my sorries:rolleyes:

Once, while leaving the ship, there was a delay. We were stopped right outside the dining room. The lady behind me pressed her nose to the window and asked "Wonder who is going to be sitting at MY table tonight??" It was then I realized it wasn't just me that didn't want to leave. LOL

Then, I found CC and realized there is 1000's of us insane cruisers who suffer actual pain, confusion, and deppression leaving a cruise :rolleyes:;)

For me it is during dinner the last night when they sing "You're Leaving Our Fun Ship." Could be a real tear jerker. We notice alot of mopey people the last night...it goes down hill from there, making sure our luggage is packed, we haven't left anything in closets, etc.

It has helped to book another cruise when we get back, but waiting a year is not easy either.

Archived