When did it sink in that the cruise was over

drivemecrazy

For me I realize the cruise is over when it is the last night and they sing there farewell song. I cry everytime. :( Then it is off to the room to pack and double check all of our receipts with the sail and sign invoice and then realize that my liver must be toasted by then.:eek::p Gotta love those DOD.;)

For me it ends in reverse of how it begins. Hearing that last "doink" and stepping from the deck onto the Gangway......:mad: It's always hard to believe that only 7 days earlier my heart was all a flutter as I stepped from the Gangway onto the Deck and heard that 1st "doink"

Where does the time go???? I can't wait until I retire so I can start taking B2B's......7 days just isn't long enough......

For me it ends in reverse of how it begins.

Hearing that last "doink" and stepping from the deck onto the Gangway......:mad:

I think that's a very real threshold right there,okgirl ;)

That last 'doink' and you're out onto the cold concrete dock -with zero possibility of back-tracking!

At least we get to keep our ship-cards, and that's why those cards

are an important part of cruise-holiday memorabilia

It's the one small thing we can cling to...until Next Time!

I have all mine -and you have all yours!

here's one of the saddest photos I ever took.

Destiny_Farewell-31.jpg

That's Carnival Destiny.

Our 'First Cruise' is over, and this shot is a last glimpse

at the ship that started the addiction to the best-value holidays yet devised by mankind! ;)

For me, it was the last evening when I realized how much fun I was having.

It being my first cruise, I didn't realize that the cruise itself was the highlight of the trip. I thought I was there to see Mexico. After the second excursion I realized, "to heck with the excursions. The fun is HERE." When that knowledge really sunk in, it was our last day, and we kept the party going all night long--all the while feeling that if we continued to party, it would never end.

alas.

I agree, the real fun is the ship itself and not the stuff on shore. In my post today I mentioned that I was already aware that it was almost over and I have not left yet. That is the real indication that the ship is the treat. For me it really starts as I walk onto the ship, I am aware to conserve my time and get the most out of what is at hand.

For me it was on the way home and we stopped at Dairy Queen and I ordered chocolate melting cake and they didn't have it! And the next morning I had to make my own breakfast. Life is cruel.

You should not use "sink" and "cruise" in the same sentence. :p :D

It always takes a few days to sink in for me. I get very caught up in the task at hand in getting the family home that I don't think about it right away. Then sometime in the next week, I find myself looking at cruise dot com or carnival and rccl websites. Then I know the post cruise obsession has come back again!

Good point, that is almost as bad as watching Titanic before you leave. :D

True story...on DH first cruise the in-room movie was TITANIC:eek:, and the sail away song was the theme to Gilligan's Island:eek:...he looked at me like I was Crazy wanting to do this.

True story...on DH first cruise the in-room movie was TITANIC:eek:, and the sail away song was the theme to Gilligan's Island:eek:...he looked at me like I was Crazy wanting to do this.

A couple of days before I went on my first cruise my friend had me watch Poseidon! I was terrified!

LMAO! On my last 2 cruises, they played the theme to Titanic on the ship's PA system. :eek: Somebody in charge has a sense of humor, apparently.:D

LMAO! On my last 2 cruises, they played the theme to Titanic on the ship's PA system. :eek: Somebody in charge has a sense of humor, apparently.:D

This is cracking me up. Our first cruise we were heading back to Galveston from Cozumel and it was dark my DH and I were standing in the front of the ship looking out and the guy next to us turned to us and stated "So this is how the people on the Titanic felt right before they sunk":rolleyes: I laugh about it now but I wasn't laughing then. :cool:

Archived