A good deal??

Hi everyone, it's my first post so please be gentle with me...

We've cruised a couple of times, and I've always wanted to try a 14 day Transatlantic, so I've been researching deals for Autumn 2010.

I have a chance of cabin 7612 (one of the famous 'hump' cabins) on Navigator, sailing from Rome to Fort Lauderdale.

For some reason this sailing is already discounted heavily with cruisethomascook, and is available for what seems a 'too-good-to-be-true' £700 ($980) with all taxes and charges.

I can't see anything anywhere near this price from any other agent, and certainly not direct with RCI.

I really can't see it getting much cheaper than that (for such a good cabin), so do I jump on it or what? :)

We've cruised a couple of times, and I've always wanted to try a 14 day Transatlantic, so I've been researching deals for Autumn 2010.

I have a chance of cabin 7612 (one of the famous 'hump' cabins) on Navigator, sailing from Rome to Fort Lauderdale.

For some reason this sailing is already discounted heavily with cruisethomascook, and is available for what seems a 'too-good-to-be-true' £700 ($980) with all taxes and charges.

That sure is a great price. It's what I am paying for one week on the Liberty. Can you cancel your cruise up to the 90 day final payment without penalty?

I can't see anything anywhere near this price from any other agent, and certainly not direct with RCI.

I really can't see it getting much cheaper than that (for such a good cabin), so do I jump on it or what? :)

Does that price include all taxes, fees, and port charges? If it does, I'd grab it in a heartbeat. We did our first TA last year on the Navigator from Barcelona and loved it.

Enjoy!!

Welcome to CC :D

It is good price, I suspect it is lower because there might be an Early Booking discount on that sailing. I know there is £400 off selected 14 night sailings for 2010.

If you book online with RCCL UK you do get 5% discount.

Some UK Travel Agents have a problem giving price drops but the one you mentioned is getting better at giving them (we arent allowed to name Travel agents)

I just booked this year's TA on the Navigator and very pleased with the price :D of course if it comes down I will be even happier :D

Sounds great - will have to look at that agent in future.

Just booked an 11-day Southampton to Barcelona, 55 discount, D2 balcony, for £1234 for two, which I thought was good considering it is Med, which is usually much more expensive than a ta.

Sounds great - will have to look at that agent in future.

Just booked an 11-day Southampton to Barcelona, 55 discount, D2 balcony, for £1234 for two, which I thought was good considering it is Med, which is usually much more expensive than a ta.

hellosailor, that's one great deal! :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

(ppsssssssssssttttt. c'mere. lean in close. you're not allowed to mention the name of travel agents on this site.)

:)

I see that cabin for $1,206, or GBP 833. I would say excellent price if it includes all taxes, port charges, etc. Grab it at that price. That cabin is the first one of the hump cabins and will have a slightly larger balcony due to the shape of the curvature of the hump.

Well, there you go....all booked up and in cabin 7612. I've got the hump! :D

As a bonus it's my birthday 2 days into the voyage, so I think dinner in Portofinos is called for. :)

Birthday's and cruises go SO well together!!! :p Congratulations and have a wonderful time! You're going to absolutely love Portifino's.

Archived