Woo Hoo! Balconies on the Ecstasy

RickyBobby

What happens if I am currently booked on the Ecstacy after the drydock? We were not given a balcony option. Can we upgrade (at cost) to the balcony? We booked early saver. How do we find out which rooms will be turned into balcony rooms?

It's now confirmed that when the Ecstasy goes into drydock she will receive balcony cabins and the 5a ocean views will be converted to interior state rooms.

I'm confused. How does an OV convert to an interior?

How funny. Just yesterday I switched my cat 12 booking to one that would get the extended balcony in case they made this announcement.

I have a 5A booked on the 10/22 sailing. So am I no longer going to have those portholes? While paying the same rate? Not happy about that. :mad:

What happens if I am currently booked on the Ecstacy after the drydock? We were not given a balcony option. Can we upgrade (at cost) to the balcony? We booked early saver. How do we find out which rooms will be turned into balcony rooms?

Look at the deck plan for the Sensation, I imagine they'll go the same route.

How funny. Just yesterday I switched my cat 12 booking to one that would get the extended balcony in case they made this announcement.

I have a 5A booked on the 10/22 sailing. So am I no longer going to have those portholes? While paying the same rate? Not happy about that. :mad:

OP said that the category would change, not that the port holes would go away, just what they are naming them.

When I try to book, the option goes away when I try to book 4 to a cabin.

Does anyone know if these balconies have a maximum occupancy of 2?

There are quite a few quads, go onto the deck plans and look for them. The first four cabins that will be balconys on Upper deck counting back all show they are quads on the deck plans. Maybe you arent clicking on a cabin that holds 4?

Just spoke with my PVP at Carnival. He said that they are expected to follow the same guidelines for balconies that the Sensation did. Which means, balconies to the rear of the ship. Those are not available to book other than balcony guarantee. He said that the Ecstacy doesn't even have the final balcony cabin list but just notes that they will be getting the balconies. Guarantee for $569.

I tried to switch my oceanview to one of the possible balconies and couldn't. They have pulled all the cabin numbers that could be balconies so that they are no longer available at this time. He said he figured until they knew which rooms were going to be the balconies, they didn't want to sell them out at oceanview rates.

I did learn that if you booked at the early saver rate and want to upgrade, they will not charge the $50 as this benefits Carnival. But, downgrading or changing dates, ships, etc., costs the $50. Interesting.

Floors to have balconies: Main, Upper, and Empress

Just spoke with my PVP at Carnival. Floors to have balconies: Main, Upper, and Empress

I already grabbed one on upper. Sorry to hear they wouldnt let us book them now. Iv been hinting here to grab one for weeks now. I was waiting until 2010-April 2011 came out to book some more.

The extended balconys were not included in early saver rates when I booked weeks ago. Maybe some others are available.

If you book the fun saver rate right now there are free upgrades and OBC for your cruise you can get that works out similar.

email me next time you have a question, I didnt want to post it positively that Ecstasy was getting balconies and start a run on them, which is obviously happening now. I knew already.

We sailed the Ecstasy in December, 2008.

She is really ready for a visit to dry dock. She needs a good deal of general repairs.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that the Port of Galveston gets a 3rd Carnival ship!

countdown.pl?name=bead_dazzled&date=6-7-2009&image=Greece&text=&ship=Carnival Conquest

Carnival Festivale - 03/18/89

Disney Wonder - 03/08/03

RC Rhapsody of the Seas - 07/01/04

Carnival Esctasy - 06/11/06

Carnival Conquest - 03/18/07

Carnival Conquest - 06/08/08

Carnival Ecstasy - 12/18/08

Archived