Swanson Biotin Shampoo w/Silican

bossmum1

Hi after being told by a friend to try this shampoo, i bought some. Tried it omg when i rinsed it off it stung my face real bad,:mad: and for the funnies out there, no i didn't wash my face in it, has this happened to anyone else. Also is it supposed to be watery. It has put me off using it again.:mad:

Chrissy

There are popular products out there that many people will recommend and I cannot use. Trial and error. I just hope the shampoo didn't do any permanent damage to your skin.

I can't use: most sunscreens, Estee Lauder anything, Bare Essentuals, spray deodorant of any kind, perfumed body lotions, Aveda products....the list goes on and on mostly related to added perfumes.

It sounds like there is an ingredient in the product that is hyper sensitive for your skin. Try to identify the ingredient to avoid it in the future.

Shampoo with a mild shampoo, avoid using conditioner except on the very ends of your hair, better yet use a cream rinse again only on the ends of your hair. Use a root boosting spray on your scalp and a bit of mousse, blow dry your hair upside down focusing on getting the roots dry at the scalp, until your hair is nearly dry, then flip up and style.

I avoid using a hot iron or curlers as I find the heat flattens my hair at the scalp. Instead I use round brushes like a roller set, allowing those to cool before removal. A light amount of back combing, hair spray and I'm good to go for the day.

I actually blow dry each section with a spritz of hair spray but this may be a bit too much for some people. Some fine hair flattens with too much product, mine is fuller.

More than anything else listed above, a really great haircut is essential.

Archived