Best part of cruising is.....

scapilot

The best part of cruising is that first full day at sea and all you feel is..FREEDOM !... FREEDOM ! :D

The best part of cruising....hearing the chime as the gangway is pulled back, looking down and seeing the ship move away from its moors. Oh that is the best!!!!:D

The best part of cruising....hearing the chime as the gangway is pulled back, looking down and seeing the ship move away from its moors. Oh that is the best!!!!:D

There are so many "best parts" of cruising, but this one gets my vote as well. That's when we toast each other on our balcony as we watch the shore slip away and tell each other, "we're on vacation now".

Waking up on the first morning at sea, room service, no PT, no doctor appts. and just plain doing what we want, when we want. Looking at the Ocean and the beautiful scenery. Thinking how lucky we are to beable to take this cruise and celebrating our 52nd wedding anniv.,;) thankful for all the good years we have had and for our wonderful kids. There's nothing any better. The only bad thing is the last day and walking off the ship with tears rolling down my cheeks.:cool:

Having sailed many of the old Winjammer fleet of smaller 3 and 4 masted sailing ships through the Carribean with my wife, the element I enjoyed most was feeling the sea beneath your feet as the ship went on a broad reach with a bone in her teeth. After a day or so you became one with the motion and rolling of the ship.

Obviously this is missing on a larger cruise ship, but the same smell and feel of the salt air sea is an intoxicating elixer.

"I must go back to the sea again, to the loney sea and sky, and all I need is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by...."

My personal favorite time is walking across that gangway, cabin card in hand, and knowing that for the next 20/30 or whatever number of days, I have nothing to concentrate on other than relaxing and enjoying myself.

Ahhhhhh, the magic of cruising.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived