How Cunard Roll Call Threads are Posted

sanmarcosman

This is the new procedure for posting Roll Call Threads for specific cruises on the Cunard board. Who would like to see this procedure implemented for the Carnival board as well?

*Updated: A Note Regarding Roll Call Threads - Link to NEW FORUM HERE

By popular demand, those Roll Call threads that I have recently moved to the "ROLL CALLS - All Other Cruise Lines Forum" have been temporarily moved back to the Cunard forum.

All new Roll Call threads must be posted in the Roll Call forum, or will be moved there.

I have taken this action after many complaints from members that it is not fair to move existing, popular threads to a different forum from that where our members expect them to be.

However, I would like to reiterate that the main Cunard forum is not the proper place for Roll Call threads (that is, any threads focused on a specific voyage).

Once we have a dedicated Cunard Roll Call forum, all Roll Call threads - including existing ones from the main forum - will be moved there. Until then I have decided only to move new threads to the Roll Call forum.

Hummm... that's the way it works here now...

Just a day or two ago I moved a thread to the proper roll call for Carnival.

Now, if your comment is aimed at the group cruise threads these are allowed to remain here as a method of advertising the group... which is good for the group and good for Cruise Critic.

Mach, I think OP just clicked on Carnival when he meant Cunard, they are right together. Easy to misclick.

I don't think so, Fly, as the first paragraph includes this:

Who would like to see this procedure implemented for the Carnival board as well?

Mach, I think OP just clicked on Carnival when he meant Cunard, they are right together. Easy to misclick.

Actually he/she purposely put it here as this was part of the OP's post

"This is the new procedure for posting Roll Call Threads for specific cruises on the Cunard board. Who would like to see this procedure implemented for the Carnival board as well?"

What would be really useful on any message board would be a way to click on a thread and not have it show up again sort of an ignore feature for entire threads. It would make reading the boards easier as threads that don't pertain to individual posters could be ignored which would put more relevant posts on the front page. Does that make any sense? It does to me but after typing it out it doesn't lol

What would be really useful on any message board would be a way to click on a thread and not have it show up again sort of an ignore feature for entire threads. It would make reading the boards easier as threads that don't pertain to individual posters could be ignored which would put more relevant posts on the front page. Does that make any sense? It does to me but after typing it out it doesn't lol

I agree totally. A little box to "not show again" for the multiple smuggling, waitlisted, smoking which cruise would I like, type threads. Also (no offence to anyone) to some of the group CC threads. Air travel to Cali or florida's almost the cost of a house so I skip them every time. Let me also say that I'm not FOR or AGAINST them or the promoting of them. Just would like to be able to veiw other threads on page 1 instead of sifting back 3-4-5 pages.

I agree totally. A little box to "not show again" for the multiple smuggling, waitlisted, smoking which cruise would I like, type threads. Also (no offence to anyone) to some of the group CC threads. Air travel to Cali or florida's almost the cost of a house so I skip them every time. Let me also say that I'm not FOR or AGAINST them or the promoting of them. Just would like to be able to veiw other threads on page 1 instead of sifting back 3-4-5 pages.

That would be nice but that facility doesn't exist on vBulletin...

Additionally, the server that hosts these boards, although massive, is very heavily tasked as it is... Adding features would slow the system to a crawl...

Archived