Dining Together

A few days ago I booked a cruise for my wife and I and some friends. I requested a small table for dinner. Are tables for four common? Or is it possible that they consider a "small table" five or six people?

oh, and as silly as it sounds, we will automatically be seated together right?

Yes, they do have many tables for four. As long as your reservation numbers are linked, you will be seated at the same table. Your dining room assignment and table # will be on your seapass, so make sure everyone's matches. You can also visit the dining room when you board to check your table and make sure it is a table for four - if not, speak to the maitre d' at that time.

You will not be automatically seated together. You need to have your reservations "linked". Your travel agent or Royal Caribbean can do this for you. You will need to have both booking numbers to do this.

I can't address the table size thing, but I can say that it's a lot of fun to be at a big table for dinner. Meeting new friends is always nice.

Thank you for the replies. I see our reservation numbers are linked.

Be sure you check as soon as you board the ship. We made the mistake of thinking that because it said on our reservation that we were linked with friends on last years cruise and they were linked with our reservation number that we would be sitting together. Went to dinner the first night and we were not even on the same level of the dining room. We went to the head waiter and got nowhere so we ended up sitting seperately for the whole cruise. At least we did have some very nice table mates.

Cyndi

Be sure you check as soon as you board the ship. We made the mistake of thinking that because it said on our reservation that we were linked with friends on last years cruise and they were linked with our reservation number that we would be sitting together. Went to dinner the first night and we were not even on the same level of the dining room. We went to the head waiter and got nowhere so we ended up sitting seperately for the whole cruise. At least we did have some very nice table mates.

Cyndi

oh, that's not good! I did send an e-mail with my request. They said it had been forwarded to the Maitre'd.

Archived