What Jewelry with this neckline ?

Hi all. I hope you can help. My sister in law needs advice on what jewelry to wear with the attached dress.

I think a shorter Y necklace with some browns/ golds in it would look really nice with that. Or a 16 inch gold necklace.

A black strapless Bra to start, and then something fairly long and not too thick, maybe with an enhancer with something in black, elongated...would be perfect and a nice black earing,but not to detract from the neckpiece, but to complement it...She look swell

I wish to change my earlier post, forgot the neckline had stuff. I agree with the other Poster..Long earings and nothing on the neck...maybe a black bead bracelet. sorry to confuse you...This is the better post than my earlier one...oops sorry

Next time...put a disclaimer in the first post with the pic :D ;) I really thought the person was wearing an industrial strength bra with the dress!

I say no necklace and just earrings, with bling already at the neckline it doesn't need anything else. A bracelet, perhaps a wide bangle would look nice. Don't try to be matchy matchy with the beads, either, try some colors or metallics.

I have to edit to add, my day wear bras look pretty much like the one pictured!

I diasagee with the no-necklace opinion. The beading is subtle and I think that a gold necklace of medium weight would flatter it. Not thin like the one she's wearing, and not "chunky" which would look casual.

Definitely earrings as well.

I assumed she'd wear a different bra....one that doesn't show, as well as one that has better lift. I could see that the photo was taken in the dressing room.

That said, I hope she's planning on bringing the dress to a dressmaker. The top of the dress does not fit her at all. The straps are set too wide apart for her narrow shoulders and in order to keep them up, she has them pulled in and pointing to her neck creating this shape / \ instead of this shape l l

Not only does that make her look even more narrow shouldered, the fabric creates a pouf right under the spot where the strap meets the top edge of the dress over her breast.

She needs a good dressmaker to fix it so it's flattering and fits her.

I hope you don't mind the suggestions, but this is a fashion board and I couldn't let it go unsaid. You're free to ignore my comments. :)

One more suggestion....

Your sister is full busted and if she has trouble finding a strapless bra that gives her enough lift, she should consider having the dressmaker sew one right into the dress for her.

A friend of mine does this all the time and it works really well.

Archived