Booked Royal Caribbean--- but why???

SCUBADOO414

Since my kids are so young, they probably won't use any of these either!

Do you know off hand if there is mini-golf on the Liberty? They can do that!

Yes All Carnival Ship ships have mini golf.

The Liberty has so many things your kids will enjoy.

It has mini golf, a waterslide, a Seaside theater, Camp Carnival with great activites, and so much more!

Yes All Carnival Ship ships have mini golf.

The Liberty has so many things your kids will enjoy.

It has mini golf, a waterslide, a Seaside theater, Camp Carnival with great activites, and so much more!

I think I'm between Liberty and Conquest... which one is 'better' for us... family friendly. (that may be a loaded question)

In general look for rooms that are midships, low deck. Have a look on the deckplans what is under you or above you- you don't want a noisy nightclub for example. Then make your selection. Hang around on these boards for a while and you will know a lot more about cruising than your average TA. Read lots of reviews of the particular ship/itinerary you are looking at.

The researching and planning is a great part of cruising.

BTW- do check your prices regularly on the RCCL cruise- they will refund the difference if you notice a drop, either before or after final payment.

I think I'm between Liberty and Conquest... which one is 'better' for us... family friendly. (that may be a loaded question)

They are the same class of ships, so they offer exactly the same things. The only thing different about the Liberty and the Conquest is the ports they go to and the decor.

If you have to fly in, Conquest is harder to get to from the Houston airport. Im going on Voyager of the seas next and folks are really complaining about the shuttle prices, rental cars closed on sunday etc, no cheap alternatives. I would take that into consideration, even though Im a Texan. Ft. Lauderdale is my favorite to go out of, the airport is 10 minutes from port, but other Florida locations are not that bad to get to like Galveston. .... just a consideration.

If you have to fly in, Conquest is harder to get to from the Houston airport. Im going on Voyager of the seas next and folks are really complaining about the shuttle prices, rental cars closed on sunday etc, no cheap alternatives. I would take that into consideration, even though Im a Texan. Ft. Lauderdale is my favorite to go out of, the airport is 10 minutes from port, but other Florida locations are not that bad to get to like Galveston. .... just a consideration.

That is GREAT information, thank you! :D

Last cruise, we were on a conquest class (Valor) and really liked the cabin we had on the Panorama deck. With small kids, you might find it to be very convenient being 1 floor away from the lido, pools, spa, laundry, etc.

Last cruise, we were on a conquest class (Valor) and really liked the cabin we had on the Panorama deck. With small kids, you might find it to be very convenient being 1 floor away from the lido, pools, spa, laundry, etc.

Am I correct that there are no ocean view staterooms on the Panorama Deck? Since we're saving so much, we're thinking we may upgrade to at least an ocean view... still saving almost $1000! :D

Am I correct that there are no ocean view staterooms on the Panorama Deck? Since we're saving so much, we're thinking we may upgrade to at least an ocean view... still saving almost $1000! :D

Nope, balconies and insides.

Well, there are the 4 cabins that face forward. I believe they may have windows, but not much of a view. Also, I think of the four of those, the two outside ones are handicap accessible. Hope that made sense.

the only difference imo between carnival and rci is the flowrider, ice skating rink, and rock climbing wall. I don't use any of these. Since i like carnival's food and service better i stick with carnival.

come on home to where you belong

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Looks like Main and Riviera decks offer ocean view cabins. There are quite a few connecting cabins on these decks.

If you want to go to balcony, look at the deck plans and look at the 'accommodation legend' and you can spot the connecting cabins. Then call Carnival and see what's available.

We'll expect to see your countdown clock changed by monday at 10 a.m.

YIKES! I'm workin' on it! :D

Okay, back to the Panorama, connecting balcony rooms... I'm assuming neither one of those will accomodate four because when I choose that category for four passengers, niether of the connecting room numbers comes up as an option. HELP... I need my TA right about now!!! ;)

We sailed last year with RC on the Mariner of the Seas and we had a good time, but the food wasn't so hot and the buffet was always mobbed. This year we sailed with Holland America and i wasn't impressed with the service at all. I looked at several of RC's newer ships for next February and their pricing is outrageous. We noticed the Carnival Dream which will be out in February and my kids were excited about the waterslides and big screen tv on deck, so we sail what the heck and booked it for February 2010. Saved a lot of money compared to RC. I didn't want to ice skate anyways:D

Karen

I'm on that same cruise but I booked it with the group cruise here on CC. You may want to wonder on over there and intro. yourself.

OP... like the others have said, you are paying more for the flowrider, ice rink, rock climbing wall, etc on RCCL. Please know that these things are offered at certain times during the cruise; for us it just wasnt worth it.

We've done both RCCL and Carnival. Even if they were the same price, I would still choose Carnival. The food and service is better, and the kids love the water slide. We went on Mariner of the Seas last Oct and then on Carnival Freedom just last month. My friend and I each said "Welcome home" when we boarded the Freedom. We had really missed it!

PLEASE PLEASE join us over on the thread about the Cruise critic group cruise on the Dream Feb 21. Our prices are much better than what Carnival is offering even with the Early Saver rates, and you get OBC, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.

I'm on that same cruise but I booked it with the group cruise here on CC. You may want to wonder on over there and intro. yourself.

OP... like the others have said, you are paying more for the flowrider, ice rink, rock climbing wall, etc on RCCL. Please know that these things are offered at certain times during the cruise; for us it just wasnt worth it.

We've done both RCCL and Carnival. Even if they were the same price, I would still choose Carnival. The food and service is better, and the kids love the water slide. We went on Mariner of the Seas last Oct and then on Carnival Freedom just last month. My friend and I each said "Welcome home" when we boarded the Freedom. We had really missed it!

PLEASE PLEASE join us over on the thread about the Cruise critic group cruise on the Dream Feb 21. Our prices are much better than what Carnival is offering even with the Early Saver rates, and you get OBC, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.

Thanks for the tip! I checked it out but unfortunately we have our heart set on the Caribbean. Thanks again though! :)

Thanks for the tip! I checked it out but unfortunately we have our heart set on the Caribbean. Thanks again though! :)

Sorry I don't understand...it is going to the Caribbean :confused: Do you mean Eastern Caribbean?

I've done both but we prefer the Western; just seems like there is more to do for the kids.

Anyway, have a great time!! The Dream will be doing alternating cruises..east/west, so check it out!

Archived