New perk for Elites/Suites

dsawyer

Thanks for calling. That actually makes sense on the smaller ships, since there aren't the dining options as on the larger ones. Even though a full suite breakfast is already offered for this category, at least they are including the bloody mary's or champagne. Not exactly the same, but at least they are trying to make up for the perk in some way.

You played the game well, we do the same thing.

Thanks! It pays to be creative when playing the savings "game". :)

In general, I'm really happy to find that Princess is stepping up the perks for their suites.

We were on the Norwegian Jewel in 2006 (Eastern Mediterranean in a Penthouse) and got lots of special treatment (Breakfasts and lunches in Cagney's, etc) thusly raising my expectations.

But when we were in Alaska in 2008 on the Sapphire Princess (also in a Penthouse), while the perks were really good (included laundry and unlimited internet... COOL!) they seemed lacking in some respects when compared to our NCL Penthouse experience... just a little less "sexy".

The addition of the Sabatini's breakfast and these pre-dinner canapes and special drinks bring them right up to par in my book!

• 1 month later...
Since they eliminated the unlimited free internet for elites, we have not found a problem getting a computer. I don't really plan a time to use them, if I am walking around, early for dinner or something and no one is around, that is when I use the computer.
BTY, Donna is was free for Platinum and Elites not just Elite.:eek:

We just got off the Island Princess. Wireless signals were not great but it was much better on there computers.

In the Internet Cafe they tell Platinum and Elites which plan to get for the 'free' minutes.

We also had a suite so they told use to get which ever plan we wanted since it was free for the Suite.

We were on the Crown last month and one perk I can do without is the Skywalker's happy hour. The snacks were the same every night just about and consisted of veggies, cheese and crackers. If they really want to make it a great perk they should include a free drink with it.

We just got off the Island Princess. Wireless signals were not great but it was much better on there computers.

In the Internet Cafe they tell Platinum and Elites which plan to get for the 'free' minutes.

We also had a suite so they told use to get which ever plan we wanted since it was free for the Suite.

Did the Island have the cocktail time for Elite when you were on it

Yes the Island had a part of the Explorer's lounge for Platinum, Elite and Suite. They offered evening appitizers prepared by Mike (3rd cook). You could request things the night before. They affer different drink special (dollar off) everynight. They did not have it the night of the Captain's Circle party.

Just got off the Ruby Med cruise and they did have a special every night in Skywalkers. The drink was $5.00. That really is not a special when booze is duty free. Give at least a 2-4-1. The snacks were nothing. RCI does it the best. Sorry Princess.

Completely agree that the new 'perk' in Skywallkers is really not worth having. We went up there on three occasions - each time there was a maximum of 3 couples there, the canapes were really quite poor, no atmosphere and the offer of one particular drink for 5.00 dollars was hardly a 'perk' as if you did not like the cocktail on offer, then the drinks were the same price as other bars with far more atmosphere. Cannot see this being hailed as a success, especially on the Ruby, as speaking to some of the staff it seems that it was a greatly underused facility.

Sorry to hear that the elite lounge in Skywalkers was not that great. We were recently on the Tahitian for the first time they offered the lounge and we really enjoyed it. Of course, we had early seating dinner as well. For those dining later, the 7:00 cut-off didn't work well for them. In additional to the drink of the day (and yes at 5 bucks it's not a great bargain), they had the appetizer of the day. Steak tartare was my absolute favorite but most people won't touch it; there were shrimp nights, etc. But our overall impression was quite favorable. We're considering the Ruby next year, so we'll test it out ourselves.

As far as the $5/ drink of the day.....when one evening, I did not like what was promoted, he just said I could have anything I'd like for $5. I thought that made it better. It's more than $1 off if you look at the prices of the martinis.

Completely agree that the new 'perk' in Skywallkers is really not worth having.

I also agree. Last month on the Crown, we went once and did not go again.

If they really want to make it a perk, there should be a free drink or "happy hour" with two for one drinks.

As RCL and Celebrilty are increasing their elite perks,:) Princess is reducing theirs,:mad: ie internet from unlimited to hour per day to not enough time per day to check your email. Also on our last cruise, there was no party for elites.

I am going to increase my cruising with Celebrity and am considering going back to HAL.

In answer to the following:

"Also would like to include the inside cabin family members with us for the Elite/Suite predinner cocktails? Does anyone out there anticipate issues for us."

You can take 2 guests with you to the predinner cocktail gathering at Skywalkers as long as you are qualified. At least that was allowed on my last 2 cruises with Princess.

As far as the $5/ drink of the day.....when one evening, I did not like what was promoted, he just said I could have anything I'd like for $5. I thought that made it better. It's more than $1 off if you look at the prices of the martinis.

Were those margaritas in the large green striped glasses included for $5 ?

We just completed our Golden cruise to Hawaii in one of the newly constructed penthouse suites on Deck 15. Between and accomodations and all the perks it has convinced me to alway book a suite on future cruises. The private breakfast dining at Sabatini's was perhaps the perk I most look forwarded to and enjoyed. Whether it was just the two of us or other couples you were made to feel special. I ordered steak and eggs two morning's without problems while my wife ordered a crab ommelte one morning. Kudo's to the wait staff at Sabatini's for excellent service.

We sailed the Diamond Aug 28 and had the elite perk, neither my husband or daughter are elite and they were both let in. We went 2 of the nights and thought the guacamole was fabulous, they made it to order. The Margaritas were in a tall pilsner glass, odd but delicious. Only part of Skywalkers was used, there were other passengers up there enjoying cocktails on the other side. I also had friends in the CB last week and they had the option available to them. We were only offered canapes to our room on Formal night and there were 6 strawberries delivered, not sure if it was because we were 3 or not.

We are new to PRINCESS and will sail with her in 2 weeks on the CORAL in a mini-suite, category AA. As far as I can determine, that seems to be the highest category of cabin on the CORAL (don't see any penthouse cabins).

Will the CORAL mini-suite qualify for these perks??

Mahalo!

We are new to PRINCESS and will sail with her in 2 weeks on the CORAL in a mini-suite, category AA. As far as I can determine, that seems to be the highest category of cabin on the CORAL (don't see any penthouse cabins).

Will the CORAL mini-suite qualify for these perks??

Mahalo!

I am afraid not. The Coral does have full suites which are designated as VS and PS on the deck plan. Mini suites have very few perks associated with them, and you would have to move up to a full suite (PS or VS) to be entitled to any of the full suite perks. ;)

Archived