A Latitudes Change That Hadn't Caught My Eye

njhorseman

primetimegirl' date='

Did you by chance organize the Meet & Greet? Quite often the HD's put the organizer on the VIP list.:D

Otherwise, quite unusual for just 4 cruises.[/quote']

Interesting.......maybe i'll try to be the organizer of my cruise meet and greet. :D

No, I did not organize the meet & greet. The only thing I can think of, my BB balcony cabin was on deck 10 among the suites. All letters had our names on them, not just a room number. I didn't ask any questions, because I didn't want to loose whatever I had!

I am planning the M&G for our little roll call on the Spirit June5, Boston to Bermuda... I e-mailed the Group Event Coordinator already.

CAN"T WAIT!

Anyway, I've seen reference to VIP's all over CC but never thought I might BE one... what does being VIP entail, exactly?

The only person I'm presently a VIP to is my dog LOL. And to him I'm VI when he hears the can opener!

Thanks.

O.K. ya'll, we just returned from the 4-4-09 sailing on the Star. I asked Romeo, the Latitudes rep for some clarification on some of changes.

1. 3 and 4 day cruises do NOT receive any Latitudes perks...NONE

2. 3 and 4 day cruises DO count toward you latitudes standing

3. Chocolate covered strawberries, and the canapes are GONE, we did not receive then on this cruises.

4. As Plat's we did receive the welcome fruit basket WITH wine, Romeo confirmed that gold NO longer receives wine

5. Plat's do receive the free laundry service. On the star, it was Puerto Vallarta day, and it was all that you could stuff into a bag (we got 29 pieces of clothing in the bag)

6. Behind the scenes tour, we were able to choose which day we wanted to take this tour, offered on two days, and my DH chose the Mazaltan day It took place at 1:00 and lasted 2.5 hours. My DH said that a gentleman in the group asked a zillion questions, which added time to the tour. Please be aware that only 2 per cabin can go on the tour. We were sailing with my 7 year old grandson, so I let him take my place. Very cool tour for a small boy (meeting the captain, visiting the bridge touring the kitchen, laundry, enviormental areas, etc.)

7. As for whoever was told that Plat's could now order from the "pay" section of the room service menu, without being charged, ....sad to say that this was just a rumor.

O.K. ya'll, we just returned from the 4-4-09 sailing on the Star. I asked Romeo, the Latitudes rep for some clarification on some of changes.

1. 3 and 4 day cruises do NOT receive any Latitudes perks...NONE

2. 3 and 4 day cruises DO count toward you latitudes standing

3. Chocolate covered strawberries, and the canapes are GONE, we did not receive then on this cruises.

4. As Plat's we did receive the welcome fruit basket WITH wine, Romeo confirmed that gold NO longer receives wine

5. Plat's do receive the free laundry service. On the star, it was Puerto Vallarta day, and it was all that you could stuff into a bag (we got 29 pieces of clothing in the bag)

6. Behind the scenes tour, we were able to choose which day we wanted to take this tour, offered on two days, and my DH chose the Mazaltan day It took place at 1:00 and lasted 2.5 hours. My DH said that a gentleman in the group asked a zillion questions, which added time to the tour. Please be aware that only 2 per cabin can go on the tour. We were sailing with my 7 year old grandson, so I let him take my place. Very cool tour for a small boy (meeting the captain, visiting the bridge touring the kitchen, laundry, enviormental areas, etc.)

7. As for whoever was told that Plat's could now order from the "pay" section of the room service menu, without being charged, ....sad to say that this was just a rumor.

That answers a lot of questions on this board. Thanks, SnootieTootie. :)

DT

A few more clarification's:

1. Regarding breakfast and lunch at Cagney's for Plat's: Romeo said that there was some initial confusion about this, but Plat's would no longer be invited to Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. We were invited last year on both the sky, and Pearl, but this is a thing of the past. We were invited to Aqua as balcony guests, but only went there once.

2. Priority embarkation, debarkation, and priority tender tickets were offered, and utilized.

A few more clarification's:

1. Regarding breakfast and lunch at Cagney's for Plat's: Romeo said that there was some initial confusion about this, but Plat's would no longer be invited to Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. We were invited last year on both the sky, and Pearl, but this is a thing of the past. We were invited to Aqua as balcony guests, but only went there once.

2. Priority embarkation, debarkation, and priority tender tickets were offered, and utilized.

Being invited to Cagneys for breakfast or lunch was never a published perk of platinum status. I suppose it can't be considered a change if it was never part of the program before.

If anyone received it previously it was under the good graces of the hotel director or concierge, but not a guaranteed perk. Consider yourselves fortunate if you experienced this in the past.

Being invited to Cagneys for breakfast or lunch was never a published perk of platinum status. I suppose it can't be considered a change if it was never part of the program before.

If anyone received it previously it was under the good graces of the hotel director or concierge, but not a guaranteed perk. Consider yourselves fortunate if you experienced this in the past.

This is esactly what Romeo said, you are right, and I guess that we were just lucky to benefit from the confusion.

Archived