A Latitudes Change That Hadn't Caught My Eye

njhorseman

I think like another poster on this post... it isn't the perks... it's being platinum that counts more than the perks...

QUOTE]

I don't understand this??? What does this do for you?? You go around telling everyone "I'm platinum, I'm platium" Do you have a sign for yourself?? This makes you feel good??

I care little about status and go for the cruise bottom line. Just my opinion.

I think like another poster on this post... it isn't the perks... it's being platinum that counts more than the perks...

QUOTE]

I don't understand this??? What does this do for you?? You go around telling everyone "I'm platinum, I'm platium" Do you have a sign for yourself?? This makes you feel good??

YES !!! And I like the free drinks and meal and wine, too !!!!!!

Well now, that's three of us that have been told that the webiste is incorrect, YIPEE!!

I am looking forward to the free laundry service, other than that, it all really doesn't amount to much.

And how many doubting Thomas posters have posted in between?

Will be interesting to see just how soon NCL's website is updated. I know they have had since 9 a.m. Eastern Standard Time to get it right. :D

Dianne

I'm afraid I don't understand. WHO is Budgetqueen talking to? Hopefully not me, cause this redneck mama will have to bring out a can of woop a**.

Yeah, DH is Platinum, and they have me listed as Gold, but we certainly do not brag about it. It's really nothing to brag about, it's just that much less $$ we have in our retirement accounts.

QUOTE]

BQ I copied the following from the Urban dictionary. It gives me a better understanding of Platinum status. Maybe you will understand also. If I knew how to put a smiley face on this, I would !!

Platinum status 2 thumbs upthumbsup.gifthumbsdown.gifThe highest degree of hotness a man can achieve. When describing the obtainablility of said man platinum means not easy accessible. Four levels: Platinum, Gold, Silver and bronze

Mike is so hot he's platinum status! I wish I could sleep with him at the next party!

Swedish, you just about made me pee my pants, too funny!

I have done my civic duty for today. Be sure to keep an eye on your DH since he is now platinum !!

Since I have found the official definition of platinum status, I have a deeper appreciation for my platinum status, also !!! Please don't show this to my DW.

No, I don't have a sign that says I'm platinum but maybe by the time I get there NCL will have pins made for platinum members like they do for the ship's you have sailed.

I guess this is what makes the world go around - you don't care about status and all you care about is the bottom line - too bad you weren't in charge of AIG and all the other corporations asking for bailouts...

On the other hand, yes I do like the idea of platinum status, the same as I do about cruising in a courtyard suite or a penthouse.... It's my vacation and it's my money and I will spend it the way I want - just as you will continue to look for the best deal you can get....

Remember now this is just my opinion...

I am going to print out the platinum definition for DH. He will be quite surprised at his hottness. 53, country boy, chubby, salt and pepper hair, and PLATINUM HOT!! I guess I better put a leash on him Saturday. All of those other women on the Star will be trying to steal him away.

Thanks for the afternoon giggle.

I am going to print out the platinum definition for DH. He will be quite surprised at his hottness. 53, country boy, chubby, salt and pepper hair, and PLATINUM HOT!! I guess I better put a leash on him Saturday. All of those other women on the Star will be trying to steal him away.

Thanks for the afternoon giggle.

Trade him for a couple of 26's

Can you imagine how many calls NCL has received over this? :confused: One little typo, and the entire CC board is in an uproar!! :D

I gotta get a life!!! :eek:

DT

I was thinking the same thing. What a mess over there today.

I was getting worried, because RCCL just took away concierge lounge from Diamond members on their smaller ships. I didn't let it bother me that much (although a little disappointed) ,because most of my future cruises are with NCL. Losing NCL Platinum status would be another story.;)

Can you imagine how many calls NCL has received over this? :confused: One little typo, and the entire CC board is in an uproar!! :D

I gotta get a life!!! :eek:

DT

I guess some folks have called. I think this might work itself out. And if that is what it is, then, it is.

I surely would not take the time to call them.

I will chime in. Whether I stay in an inside, oceanview, balcony, mini-suite, or higher category...I love being platinum. So much so I even considered going platinum with my hair color (oh, but so much upkeep afterwards I am told)! I really hope the 19 number is incorrect on behalf of those who are almost there.

For me, the levels are something to work towards and reaching each can bring a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. To my knowledge, NCL does it best regarding their level perks. My princess king colleague, my loyal to royal friend, and my carnivalistic neighbors agree as their cruiselines can not match NCL's repeat passenger program.

Change might not appeal to all but I am glad to know someone or a group is at least evaluating the program and making decisions on what to add or delete in order to maximize the best balance of profit, customer satisfaction, and get 'em to return again!

I encouraged NCL to go one step further...what would a platinum plus level look like? For me, they already answered with the laundry and behind-the-scenes tour additions.

coka

I encouraged NCL to go one step further...what would a platinum plus level look like? For me, they already answered with the laundry and behind-the-scenes tour additions.

coka

One option would be to rename the present Platinum to 'Platinum Plus' and take things away from Platinum to differentiate them

I guess, I'm not happy with what we lost at the Gold level (and I saw no gains at that level-but maybe I missed something)

One option would be to rename the present Platinum to 'Platinum Plus' and take things away from Platinum to differentiate them

I guess, I'm not happy with what we lost at the Gold level (and I saw no gains at that level-but maybe I missed something)

I think Gold gained the 25% (?) discount on the laundry promotion.

I think Gold gained the 25% (?) discount on the laundry promotion.

Yes, you're probably right. That would be worth something to many (not me). Wonder if I can trade it for that bottle of wine that was in the welcome aboard basket? ;) Maybe I'll continue to whine about the wine-LOL

Monte, like the credit card, how fortunate were we to have it while it lasted? Likewise with latitudes, how fortunate are we to have something during these times?

I am sure I will miss the welcome bottle of whatever wine on my next cruise...but you know what? That will probably be the first thing I buy on board. I will order...set it up...leave cabin...and return to my surprise I left myself!

coka

Archived