Cabana rental

mringenoldus

Today, I decided to book a private cabana for the length of our cruise - this was a tradeoff for not booking a balcony cabin.

The website lists the amenities including a 10-minute chair massage and the cabana bag with products. It mentions that these are available "with select packages only".

Does anyone know if these would be included in the full cruise rental? Thanks!

The website lists the amenities including a 10-minute chair massage and the cabana bag with products. It mentions that these are available "with select packages only".

Does anyone know if these would be included in the full cruise rental? Thanks!

Yes, the Full Cruise rental is the package that includes all of those amenities. Since you're not already familiar with the Cabanas, we thought you might be interested to know that:

When you get onboard the ship, the Cabana Bag (it's a white quilted shoulder bag made of terrycloth. It is full of sunscreen and moisturizer type products, including lip balm) will already be in your stateroom.

There will also be a card which tells you which cabana you have been assigned to (you dont get a choice, as a rule).

The Cabanas' are named, rather than numbered (Bimini, Monte Carlo, St. Tropez, etc), and you will keep the same Cabana for the length of the cruise.

Every cabana is equipped with a fan, misting nozzles and a retractable canvas roof. You may adjust this equipment on your own or have the cabana boy do it for you.

Every Cabana has a phone jack so that, if they are not around, you may summon a Cabana boy at any time.

If you are travelling with another person, make note of the Cabana extension # as one of you may need to telephone the other in the Cabana (the Cabanas are on deck 11, but the elevators only go as high as deck 10, so many times it is more convenient to call).

When you get to your Cabana you will find a specific Cabana Menu for food and for drinks, but the honest truth is that they will serve you any of the food from deck 9 and any beverage that you request.

The cocktails come in real glass, and are served on silver trays with cloth napkins and ice buckets if need be. It can be as chic, or as simple, as you want it.

Depending on the weather, the Cabana boys are always dispensing iced towels......or lap blankets. They will also fetch a game for you from the games room, even get you a copy of the Trivia quiz or the Daily Currents. All in all they are very accomodating. Depending on the cruise, we've sometimes tipped the Cabana boy as much as the room steward, they are that good!

You may have high tea served in your cabana each day at four......or opt for iced cream, or a milk skake whenever the mood strikes you.

The Cabana boys work a schedule of sunrise to sunset, but no one will ever ask you to leave the Cabana, should you wish to stay. Due to the navigational needs of the ship, however, the lighting on deck 11 is very poor after dark.

When the cabana boys leave for the evening they remove and store the mattresses of the day beds, and replace them the next morning. The daybeds are not comfortable without the mattresses.

Hope this helped-

StanandJim

You are a wealth of information!! I really appreciate it. I felt a bit guilty for spending the $$ - but you make me think it wasn't such a bad idea after all!

We will be in the Caribbean in March so I'm hoping that we get good use from it. My only concern was since they faced forward, they might be windy while the ship was moving. Did you experience that at all?

I felt a bit guilty for spending the $$ - but you make me think it wasn't such a bad idea after all!

You'll come home thinking that it was the best $500 that you ever spent!

Taking the cabana will make your cruise a true luxury experience. The service and the ambience is right up there with Seabourn, Silversea and Crystal.

You are very wise to rent the Cabana in advance, especially in the Caribbean.

For most Caribbean Cruises, the Cabanas are fully booked before you ever get to the ship. If one does remain available there is a lot of jostling for it, especially for the sea days.

The 25% Spa discounts on port days can also be of great value, especially if you're stopping in a port that you have no interest in seeing again, or, if you experience "liquid sunshine" :o.

I booked a cabana for the entire cruise when I booked the 12/23/09 Regatta sailing. Like the OP, I wasn't booking a veranda cabin so I booked the cabana to compensate. After reading Stanandjim's description I'm amazed the cabanas aren't fully booked right away. It sounds fantastic, especially for a Carribbean cruise and a good deal for $500.00. Sure to get our money's worth over a 12 day cruise.

Thanks for the detailed description. You've gotten me excited and looking forward to December even more that I was!:)

The cabannas are great they have misters and a fan if you require

either of them on.

We love them you'll feel like you have your own "private boat"

Hey, I want to reserve the cabana with the "misters"; I certainly will love them and feel like I have my own private boat!:D

[sorry, lesley50, just too good to resist kidding]

I booked a cabana for the entire cruise when I booked the 12/23/09 Regatta sailing. Like the OP, I wasn't booking a veranda cabin so I booked the cabana to compensate. After reading Stanandjim's description I'm amazed the cabanas aren't fully booked right away. It sounds fantastic, especially for a Carribbean cruise and a good deal for $500.00. Sure to get our money's worth over a 12 day cruise.

Thanks for the detailed description. You've gotten me excited and looking forward to December even more that I was!:)

how do you book a cabana this far in advance? we are going on Regatta next Feb. for Panama canal crossing and would like a cabana at least for that day, if you can rent them day by day...or does it have to be the full duration?

how do you book a cabana this far in advance? we are going on Regatta next Feb. for Panama canal crossing and would like a cabana at least for that day, if you can rent them day by day...or does it have to be the full duration?

Cabana's can be rented for the entire sailing before you board. If you want to rent one for the day, it has to be done once you are onboard.

ShariCruz

Shari

I was wondering the same thing new cruisers. After reading StanandJim's description, I neeeeed a cabana on our cruise. It will be necessary for my physical and mental health! A really good martini (or a few) is also necessary, but that discussion is best left for another time. :D

Susan

When you make your deposit on the cruise you are assigned a booking #.

Using that booking #, you can sign onto the "already booked" section of the Oceania Website, and "booking a Private Cabana" is one of the options.

Or, you can just tell your travel agent to book one for you.

If you're doing the Panama Canal, I certainly would not wait any longer. The forward facing view alone would be worth the price of admission.

You can see the cabanas in the below picture, at the very top of the ship, in front of the mast, just imagine the views.......

Regatta_Stockholm.jpg

When you make your deposit on the cruise you are assigned a booking #.

Using that booking #, you can sign onto the "already booked" section of the Oceania Website, and "booking a Private Cabana" is one of the options.

Or, you can just tell your travel agent to book one for you.

If you're doing the Panama Canal, I certainly would not wait any longer. The forward facing view alone would be worth the price of admission.

You can see the cabanas in the below picture, at the very top of the ship, in front of the mast, just imagine the views.......

Regatta_Stockholm.jpg

I tried doing that this evening with my booking number and go no where, so i emailed the TA and will get him to find out for us about the cabana availability. We dont want one for the whole cruise, just the canal transit day, so that might be a problem. I also asked about booking spa services in advance. We have a "healthy" OBC so if we "have" to book the cabana for the duration, well i guess i will just try and suffer thru it...:-)..bring on the martinis

I was wondering the same thing new cruisers. After reading StanandJim's description, I neeeeed a cabana on our cruise. It will be necessary for my physical and mental health! A really good martini (or a few) is also necessary, but that discussion is best left for another time. :D

Susan

what cruise are you going on?

new cruisers, we are on the 2/25/10 Regatta Caribbean sailing. Every winter we have to get away from the weather here in NE Ohio and go somewhere warm and sunny and we couldn't pass up the deals O was offering. Also, I booked our cabana this morning!:D:D:D. Thank you again StanandJim for all of the information you provide on this board. If we're ever on the same sailing, the martinis are on me!

Susan

Satchiesmom ..we are getting OFF the Regatta as you board...from the 16 day Panama Canal cruise from LA to Miami....how did you get the cabana booked? And did you take it for the whole cruise??

Newcruisers04,

I called my TA and she booked it for me, since I'm no longer a TA I couldn't do it myself. I suppose if you booked through Oceania you could call them, or you might be able to book it online. Now that I'm no longer in the business I have a fantastic TA that takes care of everything for me - AAAHHHH, this is the life!

We booked it for the whole cruise BTW. Twelve days for $500? I couldn't pass that one up!

Susan

incredible price..we may have to go with the whole cruise cabana rental also if it is available for our cruise..right now i am locating shore excursions that wont take up the whole day..especially if we have a cabana...more into the relaxing part and perhaps taking a few spa treatments. Hope you have a wonderful cruise and enjoy having someone else do the bookings, so are you retired now?

one more question satchiesmom....did you already fill out the guest registration online? I am wondering if this is why i cannot book the cabana myself. I have to wait to get my passport changed into my new married name before i complete the form..just in case, you know govt offices and the delays that can happen !!

I am wondering if this is why i cannot book the cabana myself.

Newcruiser04,

If you're asking why the Oceania web site wont let you book it, chalk it up to their lousy interface. We've been sailing with O since '05 and although the site has become a lot more elaborate, the frozen screens and sign-ins that never go through have always been a problem.

On one visit to the site, everything is fast and efficient (and we think that they overcame their problems) and on the next, it is back to square one.

Then, there is also that charming rule that if your reservation was created by a Travel Agent, all "changes" must go through them. I despise that rule.

Anywho, don't worry too much if you cant make the web site work......it's not you! ;)

Archived