Cabana rental

mringenoldus

I couldn't find a way to book the cabana online. I called the TA to do it. Then I called Oceania to confirm it was done. Now I just have to wait until next March to get to use it!

We start with two sea days so I figure that's where I will be for the best part of it.

Oh, Cabana Boy...... :)

Alright...with all the delicious descriptions provided in this thread, ya'll have me intrigued with the idea of booking a cabana on an upcoming Asia crossing (24 day Bangkok to Beijing, 3-1-10). Does anyone have any thoughts/experience of having a cabana on an Asia crossing? Are there any possible disadvantages due to possible inclement or cold weather during that time period?

Kathleen

So, if you only want to reserve a cabana for a sea day, you can't do it until you are on board? Is that right?? What are the chances of getting one? We only have one sea day.

We will be on the Nautica. Where are the cabanas located?

So, if you only want to reserve a cabana for a sea day, you can't do it until you are on board? Is that right??

RIGHT!

What are the chances of getting one? We only have one sea day.

Depends on how many others are willing to pay for one on your cruise & who gets them booked ahead of you

We will be on the Nautica. Where are the cabanas located?

On all three ships they are on deck 11 forward

Good thing I'd already booked mine for that sailing :D

StanandJim needs to tone it down a bit or there's going to be too much competition for the cabanas! We loved it on our med cruise and was one of things I looked forward to on this Carib itinerary - now keep it quiet for future cruises! ;)

new cruisers, we are on the 2/25/10 Regatta Caribbean sailing. Every winter we have to get away from the weather here in NE Ohio and go somewhere warm and sunny and we couldn't pass up the deals O was offering. Also, I booked our cabana this morning!:D:D:D. Thank you again StanandJim for all of the information you provide on this board. If we're ever on the same sailing, the martinis are on me!

Susan

That is correct - we had no issue booking one on our Med cruise when we boarded but you mileage may vary. I booked the sea days as well as the first day in Athens (we'd arrived 5 days early so we'd done all the Athens things we wanted and looked forward to a quiet day on board with few other passengers - it was really something having the ship to ourselves.

So, if you only want to reserve a cabana for a sea day, you can't do it until you are on board? Is that right?? What are the chances of getting one? We only have one sea day.

StanandJim needs to tone it down a bit or there's going to be too much competition for the cabanas! We loved it on our med cruise and was one of things I looked forward to on this Carib itinerary - now keep it quiet for future cruises

Caribbeansun-

You may be right, but we well remember the "bann the Cabana" threads of just a few months ago :eek:

Oh, and by the way, the competition for the Cabanas is already fierce in the Caribbean; nothing like the Med at all.

It seems to be that, on a Caribbean cruise, people picture themselves relaxing on the ship, so the cabanas go like hotcakes. In Europe, people imagine that they will be off of the ship, touring all the time, so the cabanas don't get booked.

What we love to do is to return to the ship after a long tour, drop the shopping bags in the cabin and collapse in the Cabana for a scenic, drowsey sail-away. Lets see, being able to lie down in either sun or shade, with cocktails and a view......what could possibly be wrong with that?

Before the Cabanas, we spent far too many sail-aways napping in the room. :rolleyes:

Newcruiser04,

If you're asking why the Oceania web site wont let you book it, chalk it up to their lousy interface. We've been sailing with O since '05 and although the site has become a lot more elaborate, the frozen screens and sign-ins that never go through have always been a problem.

On one visit to the site, everything is fast and efficient (and we think that they overcame their problems) and on the next, it is back to square one.

Then, there is also that charming rule that if your reservation was created by a Travel Agent, all "changes" must go through them. I despise that rule.

Anywho, don't worry too much if you cant make the web site work......it's not you! ;)

thanks StanandJim...good thing I am not sensitive about the web site not working for me, and come to read these forum boards....I am waiting to hear from my TA about booking the cabana . Even if we are doing shore excursions for 3 or 4 days, the rest of the cruise will be great from a cabana, as we have been told especially going thru the Panama Canal....thanks for your wealth of information

Newcruisers04,

I called my TA and she booked it for me, since I'm no longer a TA I couldn't do it myself. I suppose if you booked through Oceania you could call them, or you might be able to book it online. Now that I'm no longer in the business I have a fantastic TA that takes care of everything for me - AAAHHHH, this is the life!

We booked it for the whole cruise BTW. Twelve days for $500? I couldn't pass that one up!

Susan

Susan....16 days was $750.00 for our O cruise next Feb.

Anybody have any experience booking a cabana for a transatlantic. I'm thinking about it for our TA next March. Do you get much use from it on a TA cruise? Also, my sister and BIL and their kids are coming on the cruise as well. If we rent one for the entire cruise, are they allowed to sit with us at all in the cabana. I don't mean hang out all day with us, but if they want to stop in and have a cocktail or sit and chat, is that allowed?

TIA,

Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann-

Unless it is very rough, you'll get a great deal of use from the Cabana TransAtlantic, as it will be a "sheltered room with a view" which is just what you'll want crossing the ocean.

If it is choppy, the Cabanas can get a little roller-coaster-ish (being on the very top deck, at the front of the ship), but if you're napping you wont even realize it ;).

Your relatives may visit you at the cabana, but you would not be comfortable entertaining them there, for any length of time.

I wonder if you understand how intimate the cabanas are? They are only marginally wider than the day bed.

In this publicity photo, the daybed has been removed from the cabana in the foreground, but you can clearly see the size of a cabana if you look at the one that the couple is in front of.

The canvas privacy screen (between cabanas) is in place on the far wall of that cabana, but raised on the close side.

L0000175%20Small%20Web%20view.jpg

The Cabana boys will bring your guests refreshments, but if the guests attempt to stay for any length of time, the deck supervisor will discreetly ask you to have them leave.

Have a great cruise!

Jo-Ann-

Unless it is very rough, you'll get a great deal of use from the Cabana TransAtlantic, as it will be a "sheltered room with a view" which is just what you'll want crossing the ocean.

If it is choppy, the Cabanas can get a little roller-coaster-ish (being on the very top deck, at the front of the ship), but if you're napping you wont even realize it ;).

Your relatives may visit you at the cabana, but you would not be comfortable entertaining them there, for any length of time.

I wonder if you understand how intimate the cabanas are? They are only marginally wider than the day bed.

In this publicity photo, the daybed has been removed from the cabana in the foreground, but you can clearly see the size of a cabana if you look at the one that the couple is in front of.

The canvas privacy screen (between cabanas) is in place on the far wall of that cabana, but raised on the close side.

L0000175%20Small%20Web%20view.jpg

The Cabana boys will bring your guests refreshments, but if the guests attempt to stay for any length of time, the deck supervisor will discreetly ask you to have them leave.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks so much for the info. It actually seems like there is extra space next to the daybed, or is the photo deceiving? BTW, we've got a balcony cabin booked. Do you think the cabana would be worthwhile, given that we've got a balcony? I originally had an aft balcony cabin booked (6093), but turned it back in (perhaps foolishly) because I figured a midship cabin would experience less movement (took 6057).

Thanks for your insight.

Jo-Ann

Thanks so much for the info. It actually seems like there is extra space next to the daybed, or is the photo deceiving? Jo-Ann

That's because you actually are looking at two cabanas. Each curtain-opening is one cabana, but the closest one you see has had the daybed removed.

Sorry I cannot help on your other question; I am queasy enough that it always will be mid-ship for me!

I recommend asking your TA to request one of the two end cabanas. They are bigger than the other cabanas and allow views to the side as well as the front. Here are some pictures of our cabana on our Panama Canal cruise. It is on the far right and has two back curtains instead of the single curtain found on the six middle cabanas.

2510941950101716102S600x600Q85.jpg

2333815070101716102S600x600Q85.jpg

2955464990101716102S600x600Q85.jpg

2462477220101716102S600x600Q85.jpg

2284677870101716102S600x600Q85.jpg

Photos shot through the blue wind screen have a bluish cast to them. This can be easily removed during post-processing with numerous photo editing programs.

Dave

Dave-

Superb idea, but they wont do that. Believe me, we've tried :mad:

They wont guarantee any particular cabana in advance.

Stan,

You're correct. I should have made clear that Oceania will not guarantee a particular cabana in advance. However, when Oceania is assigning cabanas for a cruise, it can't hurt, and might help, to have made a request for one of the end cabanas. It might be a coincidence but, on my cruise, the two of us who requested end cabanas, got them.

Dave

Thanks for all your information regarding the Cabanas!!

I booked a inside room for my first Oceania cruise and debating should I spend the extra money for a Cabana... And you all help me to make that decision so much easier!

Archived