Can I Transfer Deposit to Another Cruise?

keishashadow

I can't get a straight answer from Carnival as to whether i can transfer my existing DP on the Glory in Dec. to same date on Victory out of San Juan?

PVP is mia:rolleyes:, have only spoken to the main phone # peeps, was transferred & got both a nay & a yea:confused:

Really don't want to get into refund to CC i used initially (especially since i paid it off & don't want to fuss with delay in getting check issued in lieu of credit)

Anybody able to do this before?

Can't remember if we booked using military or past guest if that matters in the equation, did get the upgrade that was being offered in the last sale of a lifetime;)

if i do have to cancel & rebook later, any predictions on the aforementioned next big sale:D

DH and I have done this. Our original sail date was March 1,2010. Same ship,same room cat,same everthing but the date. we put down our deposit,but did have to pay $50 pp to change it. So just call them and change it. They will charge you when you make the call. Our TA did it for us,but Carnival got their extea money right off the bat. It was no big deal to change it either. ANd we had booked an early saver rate.

After re reading the OP, our entire deposit got transfered,just fyi.We did change our room number,simply b/c I wanted to be on a diffrent side of the ship.But its literally across the hall. AND one more thing.The March 20 date cost more,so our price went up over all.But to me,my peace of mind was worth it.{that way I dont ahve to leave my oldest at a friends house,b/c of school.NOW,he will be with his grandma at a time he would have been there anyway.}

Yes you can change sailings only take a minute. As mentioned if you paid ES rates you will be charged $50pp. I do not believe upgrades will transfer with it so you may be on a lower deck than you were before if you booked during a good upgrade sale. They will let you know for sure when you change ships.

I would look at deck plans and pick out a room on the deck you are now and ask to transfer your cruise to that ship and room. They may do it without worrying about the difference, it's worth a shot. Also have a lower level room picked out just in case they mention not being able to transfer the sale offer. I wouldn't bring it up though because they may do it without even thinking about it. But if you point it out they may think wait maybe we can't do that LOL

thanks, nowhere near any cancellation penalties...12/09:D

just saw that airfare to san juan isn't more than i had booked this summer for Orlando before we shifted gears to Alaskan cruise, if it holds thru Dec. figured why not?;)

neither military or past guest shouldn't have any cancellation/change fees if before final payment -right?

if i PVP doesn't call back by tomorrow (or next day:rolleyes:), guess i'll just have to call & ask to speak to supervisor?

thanks, nowhere near any cancellation penalties...12/09:D

just saw that airfare to san juan isn't more than i had booked this summer for Orlando before we shifted gears to Alaskan cruise, if it holds thru Dec. figured why not?;)

neither military or past guest shouldn't have any cancellation/change fees if before final payment -right?

if i PVP doesn't call back by tomorrow (or next day:rolleyes:), guess i'll just have to call & ask to speak to supervisor?

We changed from a 7 day glory this august to a 5 day destiny a week earlier and weren't charged any penalties as early saver hadn't been introduced when I booked. I did switch over to the early saver rate on the new cruise.

I don't see why not, it sounds like they have to just cancel your first booking and rebook you on the other ship. Knowing them they will probably cancel your first deposit and re-apply it on the new booking.

Keeps their records right.

Fred

They can (and often do) just update the record with the new ship's information, and your paid-to-date amount goes to the revised booking. They'll also probably do the move without changing the booking number. That's been the case with me on more than one occasion.

we put down our deposit,but did have to pay $50 pp to change it. So just call them and change it. They will charge you when you make the call. Our TA did it for us,but Carnival got their extea money right off the bat.

If you weren't in the early saver program or in the penalty phase then your TA charged the extra, not Carnival.

I've changed ships in the past (booked through a PVP) and Carnival doesn't charge a nickle.

i called PVP yet again today

she insisted that we'd have to pay a $50 change fee as we're booked military:mad:

plan on calling back soon to speak to 'whoever' answers the phone & see what happens, if no dice; will ask to speak to supervisor:confused:

evidently, time for new PVP:(

ive got a new PVP:rolleyes:, one who doesn't lie:mad: (least not yet;)jk very helpful guy)

I wasn't about to pay the $150 change fee for the 3 of us, called main # & found a new one who (while hesitant to step on any toes) happily flipped the down payment & i saved $250 in the bargin via military rate!

Victory indeed:D

Archived