No babies/toddlers allowed in RCI pools?

Oceanmarina

Hi all. We are looking to book our first cruise with the kids. I'm thinking of sailing the Majesty of the Seas from Miami, 4 night Bahamas cruise. But I recently read an article on cruise critic "cruising with babies" that "Children who are not potty trained are not allowed to swim in the ship's pools, with or without swim diapers." My 2 kids 3 & 1 would both be in swim diapers, so I guess they would not be able to go in the ship's pools? Does anyone know if this is true? If so, it would be a deal breaker for us sonce my kids love the pool. I'll call RCI too but I would rather post here bacuse I trust the boards more that a customer service rep!

Thanks for any adice anyone can give me,

Marina:D

Celebrity / Horizon ~ Bermuda

Carnival ~ Paradise ~ Western Carrib.

Disney Wonder ~ Bahamas

RCI Explorer ~ Eastern carrib.

Golden Princess ~ Southern Carrib

I would seriously doubt if they would be allowed in the ship's pools...what would you feel like if an "accident" was let loose in the pool and the pool was shut down because of that "accident" and had to be emptied and refilled and retreated...and tons of people waiting to use the pool....I don't think you would be very popular (sorry to be harsh, but I call it like I see it)...take them to the beach in Nassau or Coco Cay..they will be happy there playing in the ocean...

No cruiseline accept children that are not potty-trained, it's the law (and a question of sanitation). In fact, I wonder why people on land allow them in pools at all. There are high disease transmission risk by doing so.

Swim diapers may hold in solids, but the water in the pool filters right through whatever is in the diaper---bacteria and germs flow right out! Ick! It's like a nasty ol' teabag!

Some ships have "splash zones" with special filtration for diapered kids....at least, they can play in the water. Babies don't care if they're in the pool or not, as long as they get wet!

No cruiseline accept children that are not potty-trained, it's the law (and a question of sanitation). In fact, I wonder why people on land allow them in pools at all. There are high disease transmission risk by doing so.

Not true. Sorry. Read my post above. ;)

There are 7 ships that currently have water areas for diapered kids, 5 on RCCL and 2 on Disney

Hi there

Just say that we went on IOS and the lo's were definately not allowed in any of the main pools. It is very strongly policed too. Yes there was a splash zone which to be honest was pathetic. There was less than an inch of freezing cold water , no toys either. The other daft thing was that they wouldn't let an older sibling in the splash zone because they were not in a nappy/diaper!!!!!!! So siblings could not play together!!!!!!

Overall I think RCI do a great job with the over 3's but they do not really cater for under 3's very well at all . There is very little for them to do onboard. So I would not really recommend them for this age group

Sue

Hi there

Overall I think RCI do a great job with the over 3's but they do not really cater for under 3's very well at all . There is very little for them to do onboard. So I would not really recommend them for this age group

Sue

It is not just RCL that has this pool policy. It is for all cruise lines. At least NCL has the splash zone, it is better than nothing.

I'm sure you've read about the possibility of bringing an inflatable pool. This worked well for us when DD was 6 and 7 months old and we are bringing it again this month, she will be 18 mo.

It is not just RCL that has this pool policy. It is for all cruise lines. At least NCL has the splash zone, it is better than nothing.

I'm sure you've read about the possibility of bringing an inflatable pool. This worked well for us when DD was 6 and 7 months old and we are bringing it again this month, she will be 18 mo.

Hi - not really sure why you have posted this. My dd is over 3 and potty trained now so can go in the main pool . I was just posting a response to the original poster to say that you cannot go in the pools in diapers and the splash zone may be fine for babies but for older tots it is a waste of time as there is barely enough water to cover your feet . all the toddlers just keep climbing out and trying to go in the lovely H2O zone next door!Especially as the H2O is heated and lovely and warm but the splash zone is freezing. Anyway just my opinion.

Sue

Archived