Drinking age onboard

Fawn524

My daughter is 19 and we went on The Valor 3 weeks ago. Carnival's wording is "They will not serve liquor to anyone under the age of 21". I did buy my daughter a couple of drinks and as long as I was the one buying, nothing was said. But then again, it was only 2 drinks over the course of a week, and I told her to keep it low key. Both times it was when we were laying out on the deck...she wasn't walking around with it, and she wasn't making a drunken fool out of herself.

Over-21s have always been able to buy drinks for underage with a wink-and-a-nod from the waiters who appreciate the tip and actually have to enforce these rules on the front lines. However, enforcement will generaly come swinging into play if there is an incident or becomes a problem and the person who purchases will also be held accountable. Honestly, I doubt too many people really care when a parent/SO wants to buy a few drinks over the course of a cruise as long as it's done with discretion and responsibility.

Thanks for all the replies! Neither of my girls are big drinkers, so it's unlikely anyone would realize they'd be drinking unless they asked. Sounds like as long as I do the actual purchasing, they'll be ok. :)

Archived