Drinking age onboard

Fawn524

Did I read someplace where the parents can sign a waiver for 18 year olds to drink wine or beer? :confused:

Sure they will give you a waiver and you bring it back with your parents signature on it and you can have all the wine or beer you want. :p

Not on Carnival. Royal I believe.

This is only offered on Royal Caribbean

Actually NCL offers this on all their cruise. RCCL only allows this on cruises from Europe and South America.

This is only offered on Royal Caribbean

Not on any Royal Caribbean starting/ending in the US including Hawaii & Alaska. Only on cruises in Europe I believe.

The drinking policy changed a few years ago.

Sure they will give you a waiver and you bring it back with your parents signature on it and you can have all the wine or beer you want. :p

There are lines that allow this and there are mass market lines that have a drinking age of 18. Maybe it would be better if you knew all of the rules before you comment.

I was wondering this as well, but the cruise I'm gonna be going on is 21+ to drink, no waiver :(.

but what I wanna know is..

I'm gonna be going on my first cruise in June on Carnival Paradise. I'm 19 and definitely going to plan to drink on the cruise (my boyfriend is 23, so he can buy drinks). If I have a drink in my hand or appear a little drunk :o, are the officials on the ships casual about it or strict? Basically should I keep it low-key or if I throw on some sunglasses will they not even notice?

Don't worry about it. They are not going to give you a breathalyzer.;)

I was wondering this as well, but the cruise I'm gonna be going on is 21+ to drink, no waiver :(.

I'm gonna be going on my first cruise in June on Carnival Paradise. I'm 19 and definitely going to plan to drink on the cruise (my boyfriend is 23, so he can buy drinks). If I have a drink in my hand or appear a little drunk :o, are the officials on the ships casual about it or strict? Basically should I keep it low-key or if I throw on some sunglasses will they not even notice?

Don't worry about it. They are not going to give you a breathalyzer.;)

Well I've seen them cut off someones card for the entire cruise just for being perceived to be overserved. So depending on the circumstances they may not only kick an underage drinker off the ship but the person who provided it as well (as per the cruise contract).

A little bit of discretion goes a long way.

Did I read someplace where the parents can sign a waiver for 18 year olds to drink wine or beer? :confused:

I think that is a blast from the past on RCL. I seem to remember reading it no longer applies.

Dan

I was never asked to show my ID..and I am 8 months away from being 21.

I had two drinks the entire cruise, a pina colada and a miami vice, one on the first night, one on the last.

You must know by now that pretty girls get away with lots of things:).

I was wondering the same thing. I will be only a few months away from my 21st, and I am going with friends (and parents:p) who will all gladly purchase me a drink. This is my second cruise. On my first, it didn't seem like they were that strict, but every time I had a drink it was always in the lounge (too dark to really see). How strict is Carnival about this?

Archived