Possible CC Group "North to Alaska" sailing on Carnival Spirit in May 2010

anamanxs

She called!! I was surprised, but she said she was working late and trying to reach everyone. We are officially booked. Yeah!

I also spoke to our DS in college. He really wants to joins us, but we'll have to wait until the college publishes the summer 2010 schedule. He's a Media Production and Creative Writing dual major and may do an summer internship in LA. He was so funny on the phone..."But Mom, I really want to go to Alaska!"

From everything I have heard, you can't go to Alaska just once!

Congrats, leaving work now; I will make our guest list tonight when I get home! We are up to 3 cabins, just today---not bad for not getting our official forum page yet!

congrats to your group!!!!! you have better pricing still than the other official alaska group.

you all have a great time! we will be following in your footsteps a month later - if school was out at the beginning of may i would be joining you though!!!!

Thanks, we will give you a review when we get back. We are all real excited about finally hearing something. I am sure you will hear soon. The pricing is good considering the OBC and and it incldes all port fee and taxes, also the insurance was about 1/2 the other companies out there.

Thanks, we will give you a review when we get back. We are all real excited about finally hearing something. I am sure you will hear soon. The pricing is good considering the OBC and and it incldes all port fee and taxes, also the insurance was about 1/2 the other companies out there.

well dang nabbit, i did not pay attention to the tax info. now you have me giving a lookie loo.

She told me the same thing, but Alaska is the uS and a pssport is a USA requirement not a Canada. We do stop in Canada, so it would be if they would require one. I I have one so didn't really think about it. The July 1, 2009 ruling will be into effect by then. But, I will check it out.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_3926.html Info on passport card.

On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government will implement the full requirements of the land and sea phase of WHTI. The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card, or other travel document approved by the Department of Homeland Security.

The way I read it the Land and Sea card will cover most cruises and travel into Canada and is less expensive than a passport. I will probably get one since it looks more convient than carry passport around. I have not looked on the Carnival site yet.

I ran the idea of the cruise to Alaska by Dan tonight. Looks like we are going to Alaska :D I am off to Charlotte all day tom. but I will mail Johna tonight and ask her to call me Thursday, if its before 1:30. I leave for work that time.

I have til then to decide if we want a inside or balcony. We have never had a balcony but I heard its the best way to see Alaska.

I may get shot, I was told to get inside since we are usually not in the cabin much ---but I did the balcony. Johna said easier to downsize then upside on ALaska cruise. The balconies sell out before inside, don't know at those prices oh!

I also asked Johna about the passport card. She also told me that we would need the passport books.

This is copied off the state department website:

The wallet-size passport card is convenient and less expensive than the passport book. However, the U.S. Passport Card cannot be used for international air travel. This new travel document can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry.

I was just on the state department website and the cards are $35 and the books are $100.

Luckily, we have a few months to get a definite ruling from Carnival and Crucon.

I also asked Johna about the passport card. She also told me that we would need the passport books.

This is copied off the state department website:

The wallet-size passport card is convenient and less expensive than the passport book. However, the U.S. Passport Card cannot be used for international air travel. This new travel document can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry.

I was just on the state department website and the cards are $35 and the books are $100.

Luckily, we have a few months to get a definite ruling from Carnival and Crucon.

They say that everyone is going to need a passport to do anything before long. Since we would not be flying out of Canada the sea card should work, and it is about 1/2 the price. I may get one just b/c it is smaller and easier to carry. It is only $20 if you already have a passport. But, a very good point and will have to check it out before we go. I will do more research on it and see what I find out. I would think after June 1st it will clearer as to what they want. The way it reads to go on any cruise you are going to need a sea card or passport.

Jenny I just noticed you are on the PRIDE on the 10th! I am on her on April 27th - our first balcony, but upstructed!

We are going to Richmond Sat to see frinds son at VCU and then into Baltimore on Sunday, sail on Monday. Wish we were going to HMC, going to Nassua and Freeport.

The passport links will be one thread we need one we get out official area.

:o[Goodmorning All!

Third time typing this message this morning. Brain not working this morning! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSt0NEESrUAhttp://

I will be making our Official Thread today while waiting for the CC Guru to make our forum and webpage.

(Click on Text)

"Spiriting to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun!" What's everyone think? We will be "Spirit"ing on a Ship with a Magicial group of people!

How am I going to concrentrate on any work!:rolleyes:

Ok I'll start....

Happylady - Kathi and DH Phil. We're starting with a 4B and may upgrade to an 8B if budget allows. This is will be our third cruise, but first to Alaska. We'll been married 28 years in June and have one DS18, Steven who is at Florida State University in Tallahassee...Go Noles!!:D Steven may join us, but we can't commit until the summer 2010 schedule is posted for FSU.

Me next.

I am Kim and DH is Mike...he will probably never post we will both be in our mid 40's by cruise time. This will be our 6th Cruise but first to Alaska. We have 2 kids who will not be on this cruise. We are however, cruising with DHs sister and brother in law so very excited about that as we don't see them very much, we are on the east coast of Canada and they are on the west coast.

Best part is I am leaving for my next cruise in 8 sleeps!!!!!

Something interesting about myself and DH is that we are starting to train for our Goofy Marathon in January in Disney world. You do a 1/2 marathon on Sat and Full marathon on Sunday. We have been doing marathons for some time but this will be our first Goofy.

Next!!!

Hi All,

I am Annette (AKA AnaManxs) and I will be cruising with my DSO - Elmer. I have two adult children and am from Virginia. I work in the Admin office of a childcare center and show and breed Manx cats.

I have never been to Alaska, it is a dream cruise! I booked an 8b and will probably get shot for doing it, but the deposit is the same and Johna said we could downgrade! I was impressed when I visited Thunder Bay and saw that part of Canada I knew I had to see the West coast and Alaska - so here we are...

Going to Alaska! I can't believe it. I will make the new thread tonight with our OFFICIAL title tonight. I have been doing this at work all week and better get some work done.

We have to have 8 cabins booked thru Johna (TA) to keep our group status, so tell your friends! We are up to 3 now and one booking on Thursday so we are half way there! The more we book the more CC will give us!

I am so thrilled to meet all of you and someone with my own Birthday too, so wild!

WE ARE GOING TO THE LAND OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I forgot...we booked a 8C. I usually book a 8A but we like low and midship and with Carnival changing the classes, mid ship is now 8B and above but all the 8B's where close to the lifeboats so we booked a 8C and are on deck 5. I have to book a cabin #ahead of time as I like low and midship. We also took early dining.

Annette: where are Whitby are your friends I would laugh if it knew my sister...HAHA....actually Whitby is quite big now and lots of people. I have never been to Thunder Bay.

I don't know I will have to ask her, I think she works in Tornoto (sp) for and Internet company. I drove thru Tornoto and then got out of town quickly a little big for me and did not like the highway. We were planning on staying the night but not after the drive there.

Now, Love Lake Superior and Thunder Bay, drove all the way around the lake, all the waterfalls and frozen lake so beautiful! I have wonder pics, we had to stop everywhere and take a pic!

I thought Toronto was big until I went to New York. I live about 45 mins north of Toronto and Whitby is about 30 mins to the east. I am not a fan of the 401 which is the HWY at the top of the city. Only drive down there when I need to but it is really a safe city and extremely clean which is nice but I still only go down to the big city when I have to, I like my little town...:D

OK, know it isn't my sister she doesn't work in Toronto...but that would ahve been too funny.

Archived