To lighten things up here

After looking around in this forum I thought I would brighten things up a bit, since a lot of folks seem to be a tad cranky and down on RCI.

First, I am not an employee of RCI, I am not a Royal Champion, nor do I have any aspirations of being one, so the following is just my observations/opinion.

I just got back from a wonderful 10 day cruise on Jewel of the Seas.

Embarkation was a breeze and we were on the ship well before noon.

The weather was hot and sunny.

We didn’t have to visit the naughty room.

The food was wonderful, as good as we remember from 2002 and 2005 (I gained a few lbs so it must have been pretty good).

They WERE actively discouraging chair hogs.

I don’t even know where the concierge lounge was located, didn’t have access to it anyway, and didn’t miss it a bit. ;)

We had towel animals.

Our cabin was cleaned quickly and efficiently and room service was excellent.

The drinks weren’t that expensive.

The wine we had from the Wine and Dine package wasn’t THAT bad.

We met some GREAT people at the Meet and Mingle (which did have non alcoholic drinks and food) that we ended up sharing some great times with.

The ship is beautiful.

Portofino and Chops were both great.

Everything we had ordered online was accounted for with no hassles.

The crew were all wonderful.

We didn’t miss any ports.

Our waiters were great.

Our table mates were great.

The wireless internet was plenty fast enough for email.

The entertainment was entertaining.

We stayed in our first balcony cabin and yes, it WAS worth the money.

We never smelled other peoples cigar smoke on the balcony.

There were no chocolates on our pillows. It ruined our whole cruise.

Okay... I gotta get me some of those meds...

No matter how wonderful a time I have had... there is always something that wasn't perfect.... I like happy endings, but too happy makes me suspicious, every time.

Glad you had a good time... just having trouble with "perfect"

Okay... I gotta get me some of those meds...

No matter how wonderful a time I have had... there is always something that wasn't perfect.... I like happy endings, but too happy makes me suspicious, every time.

Glad you had a good time... just having trouble with "perfect"

Hay, gimme a break. I said we didn't get any chocolates. And disembarking was a bit of a hassle, even though i didn't mention it. Is that better?;)

I just though I would hit as many of the things most people seem to complain about.

We leave for the Panama Canal on the Jewel in about 3 weeks...sounds like she is doing well. Hope you kept her in good shape for us!

Its in great shape. I can't believe that ship is 5 years old.

We were on the Voyager when it was 5 years old and it looked every day of it and then some. The Jewel looks like new.

Hey, gimme a break. I said we didn't get any chocolates. And disembarking was a bit of a hassle, even though i didn't mention it. Is that better?;)

I just though I would hit as many of the things most people seem to complain about.

I don't like chocolate... for me, that's a plus. I give them away anyway.

I guess.... couldn't be worse than having to come back to realize that Dalton's still in there. We're having a sale on Premiers... want our's?

What a wonderful post, it was like a breath of fresh air:) Even on our upcoming cruise the board is full of the C & A thing, which to me is a shame, that is not what that one should be all about. We haven't been on Jewel, but did that trip twice on Brilliance and ours were both wonderful.:)

Thanks again for being so positive,(and no I'm not associated with RCCL either, just love to cruise)

I don't like chocolate... for me, that's a plus. I give them away anyway.

I guess.... couldn't be worse than having to come back to realize that Dalton's still in there. We're having a sale on Premiers... want our's?

Well, I always hated that chocolate too, even if I did eat it.:o

And I'll pass on the offer of the politician. We already have more than we need. ;)

I hope they have chocolates on our Explorer cruise in a couple weeks, or you can count me overboard! :D

Loved your review...and glad it was perfect for you. :) Every cruise in my life has been perfect except for one of my Carnival cruises, I guess it's what you make of your vacation and what type of person you are.

Thanks for trying to uplift our moods & I am glad you had a great time. Jewel is a great ship---

If you ever had the nice experience of the CL, the great attention of the concierge, & also the evening get together in the Hollywood Odyssey, I believe you would indeed miss it, if it was taken away...just like most Diamonds will! Alot of cruise dollars went into reaching Diamond & that was the major perk!

Time will tell!

We leave for our cruise in less than a month and I hope to come back with as good a report.

We were on Monarch over Christmas and a brief report:

It was DH's first cruise and he thought it was wonderful! Just a quick 3 nighter but it was enough to get him on board for future cruises! :D

Embarkation was problem free, I don't recall ever having a problem getting on or off the ship, unless you count my kicking, screaming and crying while clutching a deck rail yelling - You can't make me go, I'm staying.

The food was pretty good and we had the best table mates to date. The Cruise Director did a great job with Quest, I didn't expect it on the 3 nighter so that was a plus. The comedian was just okay, but he wasn't actively bad. All in all it was a very nice relaxing get a way.

The only downside about Monarch and I suppose it ruined the entire cruise - her artwork is not as outstanding as the other ships we've been on.

great post :D love the attitude, sounds like us! Heres my 2 cents:

~We have never had a bad cruise

~We have never had a bad cruise on RCL (knock wood of course)

Why haven't we? Mostly because we don't go looking for problems and are completely positive and go with the flow 24/7. Maybe that's it?? lol!

Can't wait for this Sunday to meet up with the Mariner for Mexico :D

Archived