Helsingborg, Sweden - Three Cities on a String Tour?

We will be stopping at Helsingborg while on the Grand July 15.

We are thinking of taking the Three Cities On a String tour offered by Princess. It is a 8 hour tour (8-3:30) including lunch stopping at The Keep, Soflero, Lund Cathedral, Madmo.

Has anybody taken this tour or has any comments about of the stops.

• 5 weeks later...

We are also on the Grand July 11 Cruise. I have not heard much about Helsingborg. I thought I had read that the 3 Cities tour was not available. It was recommended to go on a ferry to Helsingor and tour Kronberg Castle (if you arent already doing that in Copenhagen). Did you book any excursions in Bruges, Oslo or Copenhagen yet? I don't know if we should do the ship excursions or go on our own.

I had booked the tour 3 Cities and then I noticed it said "tour will rejoin the ship in Copenhagen". I called Princess and the next day I was told the tour had been cancelled for our cruise.

I have booked a Princess tour for each of the ports. We are doing the HOHO bus in Copenhagen on our own and taking a tour in the evening with Princess to Tivoli and canal.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi We're on your cruise as well and we are just beiginning to try and decide what to do. I've just posted a message about getting from Zeebrugge to Brugge as I thought $69 each was a little expensive as it is only 10 miles away. A lady I know used to live in Sweden and she said the stop in Helsingborg you can take a ferry which takes 20 minutes, and operates every 30 minutes to Elsinore which is a very tourist friendly place.

We hope to do an opentop bus trip and canal trip in Copenhagen and go to the Tivoli in the evening. Haven't even thought about Oslo yet.

If anyone would like to join and share cost of taxis etc. We would be more than welcome to look at that

Jane

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any advice on cruising Emerald Princess into Helsingborg?

We'd like to see Hamlet's Castle (Kronborg Castle) but Princess wants $129/person when you can only see the knight's room.

We looked up the admission and ferry fare and it is less than half (75 dkk for full entry; 13 gbp for ferry). Seems like a no-brainer, but I'm afraid I might be overlooking something like distance from cruise port to ferry dock.

Has anyone you know done Elsinore on their own? Is it worth it to pay the excursion price?

Any help is appreciated.

The cruiseships in Helsingborg will tender outside the port but i am guessing that the tender boats (or what their name is) will be taking people off near the Knutpunktet (combined Trainstation, ferryterminal and busstation)

From the ferryport in Elsinore/Helsingør there is an easy walk to Kronborg.

Does anyone have any advice on cruising Emerald Princess into Helsingborg?

We'd like to see Hamlet's Castle (Kronborg Castle) but Princess wants $129/person when you can only see the knight's room.

We looked up the admission and ferry fare and it is less than half (75 dkk for full entry; 13 gbp for ferry). Seems like a no-brainer, but I'm afraid I might be overlooking something like distance from cruise port to ferry dock.

Has anyone you know done Elsinore on their own? Is it worth it to pay the excursion price?

Any help is appreciated.

Sorry, Don't know a lot but we are going on the Emerald Princess also and we are from San Diego also. When are you going?

and guess what, we are on the Grand Princess too !! Should be quite a party.

Zeebrugge, you will have a free shuttle bus to Blankenberg. That drops you at the railway station. It is €4 on the train and you can walk from the staion to brugge centre. The trains arent very frequent but I am sure there is one about 10.am and you need to get the one at abut 3 pm back.

We just looking and decided on open top bus cos we did that in quite a few places and find the best way to see the sites in a relatively short time. Hate being cooped up on coaches! and the cruise companies always charge the earth!

hope you enjoy. If you havent done the grand ( or her sisters) you'll LOVE it, I promise!

Steve

Hi We're on your cruise as well and we are just beiginning to try and decide what to do. I've just posted a message about getting from Zeebrugge to Brugge as I thought $69 each was a little expensive as it is only 10 miles away. A lady I know used to live in Sweden and she said the stop in Helsingborg you can take a ferry which takes 20 minutes, and operates every 30 minutes to Elsinore which is a very tourist friendly place.

We hope to do an opentop bus trip and canal trip in Copenhagen and go to the Tivoli in the evening. Haven't even thought about Oslo yet.

If anyone would like to join and share cost of taxis etc. We would be more than welcome to look at that

Jane

Archived