Water Sport Rentals at Seven Mile Beach

We are considering doing the Seven Mile Beach Break through Carnival in Grand Cayman. Carnival's description mentions water sport rentals are available. For those of you who have done this excursion through Carnival, what water sport equipment is available to rent and how much does it cost? If we were to take a taxi to Seven Mile Beach on our own, is there anything available to rent, like kayaks, etc.? If we do it on our own, where should we stop?

I suggest doing it on your own and taking a cab to Sea Grape Beach, which is a part of 7 Mile Beach (a little farther down). Cab is $5 PP, and plenty available there and back. When we were there, the small area where the Carnival sponsored excursion goes seemed really crowded, but that could have been that day only. There are water sports available to rent, such as wave runners, etc. You can rent chairs & umbrellas, too. There's also nice restrooms, and a great little bar & grill there. And the water is BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure you will enjoy no matter which way you go...

I suggest doing it on your own and taking a cab to Sea Grape Beach, which is a part of 7 Mile Beach (a little farther down). Cab is $5 PP, and plenty available there and back. When we were there, the small area where the Carnival sponsored excursion goes seemed really crowded, but that could have been that day only. There are water sports available to rent, such as wave runners, etc. You can rent chairs & umbrellas, too. There's also nice restrooms, and a great little bar & grill there. And the water is BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure you will enjoy no matter which way you go...

I also recommend this, We have done this many times & always take off a little further down from the drop off at Sea grapes away from everyone & snorkel around this area. Hope this helps :D

I would recommend going further down the beach as well. We only went a mile or so down the beach, and had a very scarry incident with a Jet Ski rental. Unfortunetly, I do not remember the name of the guy we rented it from, but I will try to figure it out and let you know, so you can stay away from him. He was right at the begining, so I am sure if you go aways down, you will be fine.

Complete waste of money to book a ship sponsored excursion to Seven Mile Beach. I agree with some of the previous posters and would go on your own to Sea Grape. It is a part of Seven Mile Beach but just a little further down. Plenty of cabs to bring you back when ready. Red Sail Sports is right there. You can google them for more info.

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Sea Grape beach too. I don't remember if they had wave runners but we rented floating mats and my friend did para sailing. It was a very nice beach and we had a great time there. Cabs were right out on the street when we were ready to leave. The only bad part was our cab driver kept saying she wasn't going to wait until the vehicle was full (it was a large van) but she did wait and we sat in that van for about 30 minutes. A lot of people were very irate but maybe we just got a bad cab driver. She was also nasty about the fact that one member in our party had a wheelchair that was folded up but took up a seat. I think she was ticked off because she couldn't fill that seat with a paying passenger. I think we just got a nasty cab driver. That could happen anywhere.

There is "Snorkeling, JetSkis, Parasailing, Food, Drinks, everywhere on the beach. Take a shuttle bus near the dock and they will get you to were you want to go. If you are not sure, they will tell you about the different stops and which ones are the best. The shuttles are right there at the Tender ports. They have many ships there almost every day. It is a big buisness. You don't need to pay Carnival to hold your hand and get you there.

Archived