Has anyone Upgraded on Early Saver

cvrap

We have already made final payment and I was thinking of upgrading to oceanview. Anyone done this? Do you have to pay a change fee on top of the upgrade difference?

I don't think you do but certainly a phone call to Carnival would answer that. Anyone know for sure?

From what I have read, no, you don't pay the fee to upgrade, only to downgrade.

With all the upsell calls going on, it may be a good idea to call carnival and ask about receiving an upsell call, if available for your sailing. You could get a better cabin for much cheaper than the site lists!

I upgraded two days ago and I was charged 50.00 more plus the difference in the current cost of the cabin we upgraded to b/c I was "in the penalty stage" with having 53 days til cruising.

I did the early saver, booked in Jan. and last week upgraded from a Balcony room and interior on the Sensation to a Cat. 12 with connecting OV room. They told me as long as you upgrade they do not charge the $50.00 fee...

I upgraded two days ago and I was charged 50.00 more plus the difference in the current cost of the cabin we upgraded to b/c I was "in the penalty stage" with having 53 days til cruising.

You should call and ask for the supervisor desk. Aside from this not making good business sense, it seems to be a mistake. I just upgraded last night and was not charged the $50, we are 45 days out.

This is one reason why I love this board. :) So much information and some very helpful people. Thank you, I am going to call and find out why I was charged and others were not. That extra 50.00 could buy us a few DOD or something else I would like to spend it on..

This is one reason why I love this board. :) So much information and some very helpful people. Thank you, I am going to call and find out why I was charged and others were not. That extra 50.00 could buy us a few DOD or something else I would like to spend it on..

Yes, you are the first one to report having been charged the $50 fee to upgrade, Id complain, and you can point them to lots of threads showing no one else was charged to upgrade.

Archived