First time questions!

Having followed these boards through the years, I know they are the best bet for getting answers to questions.

We are looking at booking an Alaska cruise out of Vancouver at the end of June. We are past passengers with Princess but have found that Princess is not offering a Vancouver return 7 day cruise so I am looking at RCC.

Here are my questions:

1. Will there be a small fridge in the cabin? (We will be in a balcony cabin)

2. What is the bathroom space like?

3. Are robes available?

4. Are lotions, shampoo, conditioner provided?

5. On Princess, smart casual is defined as golf shirts with collars and dockers for men and dressy pants, skirts and nice tops for women. Would this be appropriate for smart casual on RCC? We have passed on formal nights on our last couple of cruises and have opted for the buffet, we will do the same with RCC.

6. What is the policy with regard to bringing wine on board? On Princess, there is not a problem with wine, only liquor and beer.

7. Again, on Princess, wine, liquor and beer is available with a call to room service - is this also the case with RCC?

8. Can one bring one's own wine to the dining room and if so, is there a corking fee?

I appreciate any replies and thank you in advance! :)

Having followed these boards through the years, I know they are the best bet for getting answers to questions.

We are looking at booking an Alaska cruise out of Vancouver at the end of June. We are past passengers with Princess but have found that Princess is not offering a Vancouver return 7 day cruise so I am looking at RCC.

Here are my questions:

3. Are robes available?

5. On Princess, smart casual is defined as golf shirts with collars and dockers for men and dressy pants, skirts and nice tops for women. Would this be appropriate for smart casual on RCC? We have passed on formal nights on our last couple of cruises and have opted for the buffet, we will do the same with RCC.

6. What is the policy with regard to bringing wine on board? On Princess, there is not a problem with wine, only liquor and beer.

7. Again, on Princess, wine, liquor and beer is available with a call to room service - is this also the case with RCC?

8. Can one bring one's own wine to the dining room and if so, is there a corking fee?

The answers to all your questions can be found at:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com

I'll try to answer these..

Here are my questions:

1. Will there be a small fridge in the cabin? (We will be in a balcony cabin) Yes

Not too bad. Small like any other ship with a balcony cabin but the line makes good use of the space. One person at a time!

3. Are robes available?

Yes, for a fee

Don't know

Yes, appropriate

No liquor beer or wine to be brought on board, Only soda or water

You can have your room attendant stock your fridge

Not sure

Here are my questions:

3. Are robes available?

1) There should be a small mini-fridge type device, but it is more of a "cooler" than a true fridge (is does not get quite as cold as a regular fridge).

2) I have found bathrooms on Royal Caribbean to be small, but practical and they make good use of the space in terms of storage areas.

3) Robes are availabe to those in suites and with a certain level on Royal Caribbean's loyalty program. You can ask your room steward if any extras are available - if there are some left usually they will try to get them for you.

4) There is a shampoo dispenser in the shower with generic shampoo. I have found it adequte but my wife brings her own. There is also bar soap provided. No lotion that I recall on my last cruise - I think you have to be in a suite for lotion.

5) Dress code sounds comprable between Princess and Royal.

6) No alcohol of any kind is allowed to be brought on Royal.

7) Yes, you can order drinks (but not bottles of booze) via room service. You can also bring back drinks from bars and restaurants to your stateroom.

8) You can't really bring your own wine to the main dining room. You can't bring you wine with you, and if you bring wine you are a travel agent purchased for you (delivered to your stateroom) and bring that to the main dining room, they charge you corkage. It is better to just order the wine in the main dining room or purchase the wine & dine program if you plan to consume at least three bottles.

Have a nice cruise. :)

Bathroom "space" is an oxymoron! There's room for you to go in, do your business, and that's about it! One at a time--2 won't fit!

We've squeezed two into the shower a couple of times. ;):D

Archived