Soverign of the Seas

Rccl has all my cruises on record going back to the 1980's ( we are diamond ), Hal also credited me with my cruises in the 1970's, only line that wouldn't was NCL which is fine since I will not sail on her again ( but loved the Norway- sailed her 7 times)

Thank you George C. - very nice of you.

My travel agent mentioned to RCI, at the time of our reservation, that we took the Sovereign Of the Seas in July 1995 - but the person answered that it was too long ago... She asked our member number... Of course, at that time we did't have any Crown & Anchor Membership #...

But, I will try again once on the ship, and may be by email (?) before the cruise. Anyway I will win a few points only... not much valuable I guess.

We saw the Sovereign in Barcelona Spain the day we left port on the Solstice.(June 16) She is still Sovereign just Pullamar sovereign now.

I tried to post a pic of her on the RCI photo area-I never could find it so I must have done something wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on her 4th ever cruise .There was no ship like her at that time ! Kinda like the Allure of the seas is today !! First ever Atrium ! Not to sure if she was as big as the Norway tonnage wise ! It was our 2nd of 25 cruise with RCCI ! But the cabins were very small unlike today new RCCI ships !! I think think this class of RCCI ships has one of the best pool areas afloat !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
We sailed on the "Grand Finale" of the Sovereign in Oct 08. If you'd like a commemorative T-Shirt, one of our fellow Cruise Critics (Flying Pirate) designed a shirt and is available at Cafe Press. Just Google that and then enter Sovereign of the Seas and you'll see the shirts, mugs, etc.

Thanks for the info on the t-shirt. Just got mine yesterday and have it on today at work. I loved that ship!

Oh no, no, no, no!!! Flying Pirate did NOT design that shirt!!! It was I that designed the "Grand Finale" tee!!! lol, matter of fact, I still have a couple from the original order!

Sovereign.jpg.b87f2829a571f6a4b97eb1f0f41d6f24.jpg

Sovereign2.jpg.e705d9ea2e55dd4440179529358400bb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our first cruise on Sovereign was a 7 day out of Miami in 1989 and they celebrated her first anniversary while we were on board. She was the newest and largest cruise ship in the world at the time. Since we only live about two hours from Port Canaveral we've sailed her quite a few times since on short cruises over the years until they retired her. A lot of water has flown under the keels of other ships for us since, but she will always be one of our favorites.:)

She was our first cruise in 2003. Took our two daughters on it to Coco bay or cay and to Nassauu. It was a four nighter. Last four nighter we have taken. Now it is seven nights or longer.

We still take shorter cruises-but usually it is with our teacher daughter and so we have to go when prices are higher-so those 4 day cruises cost what a 7 day usually costs. Normally we go becasue she loves cruises and it is good family time for us with her.

We've taken 21 cruises-3 of those being over 7 days but still when we average in all the cruises-we average 6 and half days a cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep the Soverign was my first cruise too! First time I went out of the country (other than Canada cause you don't count that when you're from Michigan, lol). I think I was about 13 years old, had a blast in the teens program. Royal Caribbean is my favorite, and I'm sure my amazing first cruise on the Soverign had something to do with it (the next one we took was on Carnival and was downright awful, lol). Definately started a love for cruising :)

• 3 weeks later...

But the big RC logo on the AquaTheater of Oasis is actually the old logo from the Sovereign funnel. Kinda neat to have some old on something so new.

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/chairmans-blog/?p=244

Anyways, Sovereign was my very first cruise ever back in the 90s. Now 13 cruises in...I proposed to my fiancee on a cruise ship last year (Carnival Glory)...and will be married on a cruise ship next week (Celebrity Summit). You can say the Sovereign started it all for me...

• 2 months later...

Sailed on Sovereign in '92. Cruising was classier in many ways then, but even the suites were nowhere close to today's basic stateroom standards. We were in the Royal Suite, and while there were a couple of nice windows, there was no balcony. Those came later during a retro-fit. :eek:

I proposed to my wife on Soverign in 1990, bought engagement ring next day in St Thomas ( great place to buy a ring) then did honeymoon on SS Norway, 1st balconey we had was in mid 90's on Princess and it was about 2 ft deep

Archived