All Suites Blocked on Solstice March 14 2010

Solstice23

Does anyone out there know who has blocked all the suites on the Solstice on the March 14th 2010 sailing?

I have booked ours a while ago, but in our group some wanted suites, I have been told a group is holding them all until July???? I thought groups could only hold suites for 30 days?

Anyway if anyone could shed some light on who it is that would be great.

Thanks again

Yes thanks I am aware of Atlantis, they have chartered 2 celebrity Ships we had been booked on previous then booted off!

But normal travel agencies cannot hold suites in group space for ore then 30 days. Plus its every Category of Suites on the ship. Only way is to have private contract? This is why I am putting this question out there? Just would like to know who it is, o prepare, We have been on cruises when the CME group takes over most everything and we hated it.

Well we are pissed, because we were supposed to sail on the solstice this march and group had booked it June 2007, but then it got chartered and we were bumped. Now this year none of them can book suites....any suite all being held???

I am not happy!

at least we have our sky suite but my other clients are not impressed, would still like to know who it is at some point, I just don't want some crazy convention group

LOL what are your thoughts?

Just that I totally "get" what you're saying and have been stuck with large groups on board that I would have preferred to know about ahead of time. On the other hand, there are some groups I would LOVE to sail with, makes the ship more fun.

However, I suppose the politically correct thing is, it's a BIG ship. And their money is as good as yours, so deal with it.

Look on the bright side, at least children can't book large blocks of cabins, then we'd really be in trouble.:p

I agree - I think if the industry were to notify pax of existing huge blocks of special groups, everyone else would cancel. Hence, the game of sailing roulette.;)

Just that I totally "get" what you're saying and have been stuck with large groups on board that I would have preferred to know about ahead of time. On the other hand, there are some groups I would LOVE to sail with, makes the ship more fun.

However, I suppose the politically correct thing is, it's a BIG ship. And their money is as good as yours, so deal with it.

Look on the bright side, at least children can't book large blocks of cabins, then we'd really be in trouble.:p

I agree - I think if the industry were to notify pax of existing huge blocks of special groups, everyone else would cancel. Hence, the game of sailing roulette.;)

Would the "Bears" be one of those groups you would like to cruise with? :eek: :p Big Furry Bears!! LMAO!!!

I heard this one is for a national convention of toddlers....

The suites are booked for BigBird and Snuffleupagus (they need a lot of room)

This sailing, adults will not be allowed in the spa, or pool areas, and Normandie will be serving happy meals only.

I actually never thought about groups booking large parts of the ship.. that could be interesting. I did see a thread about a Paula Deen cruise.. I hear that all pax will use butter for sunscreen. Also, all meals will be made entirely of butter, cheese, and may-o-naise.. deep fried of course. The chair hogs will take up 2 chairs instead of one by the end of the trip....

(Not as funny as Dr Fun... I know. But I aspire.)

• 1 month later...

I haven't been able to check for accuracy but I heard that the suites may be for a Regional USA Conference of Little People. Again this needs confirmation but it appears it may have been booked by Matt Roloff and family and friends attending Little People Conference.

I heard this one is for a national convention of toddlers....

The suites are booked for BigBird and Snuffleupagus (they need a lot of room)

This sailing, adults will not be allowed in the spa, or pool areas, and Normandie will be serving happy meals only.

I actually never thought about groups booking large parts of the ship.. that could be interesting. I did see a thread about a Paula Deen cruise.. I hear that all pax will use butter for sunscreen. Also, all meals will be made entirely of butter, cheese, and may-o-naise.. deep fried of course. The chair hogs will take up 2 chairs instead of one by the end of the trip....

(Not as funny as Dr Fun... I know. But I aspire.)

Very funny - LMAO!!!!

We had a large group on our last Solstice cruise--the only major inconvenience was that on the sabbath half or more of the elevators were programmed to stop at every floor--really tied things up nicely for everyone !

Other groups have been worse by monopolizing everything but sometimes it's hard to avoid them....

Yes we know Atlantis is on it the week before, But we would like to know who is holding every Suite on the March 14th sailing, as the rest of our group has been tryingto get sky suites like us.

If anyone has info or a link to the little people conference that could confirm that as an option that would be great

Thanks for all the feedback

Yes we know Atlantis is on it the week before, But we would like to know who is holding every Suite on the March 14th sailing, as the rest of our group has been tryingto get sky suites like us.

If anyone has info or a link to the little people conference that could confirm that as an option that would be great

Thanks for all the feedback

It just maybe that and I don't know the itinerary.. that many will do back to back from the Atlantis group. On our Constellation I think there was an Atlantis group previous to our t/a and many and their families stayed on to cruise back to the US. Maybe they are holding onto them for that reason.

I have just read through this thread and have no idea what all the nudge, nudge, wink wink, talking in code is about. ! :D;)

OK.....there we go with the code again...this time I will ask right out...Who are the " Little people " ?

OK.....there we go with the code again...this time I will ask right out...Who are the " Little people " ?

There is a tv show here called "Little People, Big World". It is about a family where the mom and dad are both dwarves and they have 4 kids - 3 normal sized and 1 who is also a dwarf. There was a show last year showing the parents on an RCI cruise. They are very involved in a "Little People" association that has conventions.

Here is a link.

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/lpbw/lpbw.html

Archived