Save money on a pre-cruise hotel room!

My DH and I love travel and a good deal and we have a blog dedicated to just that. I thought I would share my post from today, Three Tips for Getting a Great Deal on a Hotel.

http://www.trekeo.com/three-tips-for-getting-a-great-deal-on-a-hotel/

I have used those tips to score pre and post cruise hotel rooms in Miami and Orlando. I have gotten these deals as well as others:

Hilton Miami Downtown for a $55 bid

Marriott Orlando Airport for a $42 bid

Happy bidding!

we save money on our hotel rooms by getting park and fly (equals free parking) and staying at a hotel with free breakfast and perhaps a free cocktail hour.

Great idea! If we drove this would be our choice for a pre-cruise stay as well.

we save money on our hotel rooms by getting park and fly (equals free parking) and staying at a hotel with free breakfast and perhaps a free cocktail hour.

It's not always free parking. When I've done this in the past, the hotel rate with parking was higher than the lowest price I was able to find at the hotel. So while it may have been much cheaper than leaving my car at the airport for a week, it was not the same price as just staying overnight and taking my car with me.

Of course, this is probably not the case at all hotels.

It's not always free parking. When I've done this in the past, the hotel rate with parking was higher than the lowest price I was able to find at the hotel. So while it may have been much cheaper than leaving my car at the airport for a week, it was not the same price as just staying overnight and taking my car with me.

Of course, this is probably not the case at all hotels.

Great tip. Certainly worth checking out before you book a pre-cruise hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

Wished I would have checked out that website first before I bidded on my hotels. My pre and post cruise hotels bids are as follow: Staybridge for $70 and Courtyard by Marriott for $65 (doesn't include taxes and fees). Oh well....live and learn.

Wished I would have checked out that website first before I bidded on my hotels. My pre and post cruise hotels bids are as follow: Staybridge for $70 and Courtyard by Marriott for $65 (doesn't include taxes and fees). Oh well....live and learn.

Just think of all the money you can save next time!

I have used Priceline several times over the past few years to get hotel room for our pre-cruise stay. Since it is usually just one night, it doesn't matter to us which hotel we stay at. It's always great to save money, so we have more to spend on the cruise!

Raddison at Port Canaveral charges $20 extra to leave your car in a secure lot. it's a no brainer as parking at the pier is $15 a day and we are B2B for 14 days. catchng the shuttle can be a pain. the porters tend to put their folks at the front of the line

• 2 weeks later...

Country Inn & Suites in Port Canaveral has a rate that I think was only $10-15 higher that includes the free parking for the week, and they have free breakfast. They have a shuttle that takes you to the pier and picks you up (less than a 5-min ride).

Archived