Nachi Cocum...thank you all!!

sherrintxs

Dh and I were there Thursday, April 2nd. Weather was very windy and water was a little dark by shore, but we had a blast. Service was beyond great, and the food, WOW! Our tray our waiter, Manuel, brought us was jammed packed and yes, I got a pic, because you would not believe they would feed you that well for what they charge and give you unlimited drinks. Thank you again to everyone who suggested and confirmed how nice it was, can't wait to go again.

We got the nachos, seafood ceviche, chicken tacos and guacamole. Everything was great!

triptocozumel18.jpg

triptocozumel70.jpg

Glad you had a great time............We'll be in Cozumel on our Feb 2010 cruise and I just emailed my information to make a reservation. Hope I'm making a good choice!! Was it very busy when you were there? Did you do any of the extras?

Thanks Karen

When we got there we were told only 60 people would be there that day. It was not crowded it all. A man did walk around offering us everything, but the parasailing since it was so windy. We didn't do any of it, so I didn't ask prices or anything.

We were there on March 25th. We had booked thru someone other than the cruise line. When we got there I gave them our confirmation and they said they never heard of Tour Cozumel, the company we booked it with. They told us we could stay if we paid $49.00 per person. I had already paid tour cozumel so I was not going to pay again. We looked around and we did not think it was anything great. The jet ski's they rented were $60.00 for 1/2 hour. They were run down and I would be suprised if they ran. My wife stuck her hand in the pool and it was freezing. I definitely would look for a better place. I will say I did receive my full refund plus the cab fair from tour cozumel today. It was pretty fishy though how though told me they never heard of this company.

We were there on March 25th. We had booked thru someone other than the cruise line. When we got there I gave them our confirmation and they said they never heard of Tour Cozumel, the company we booked it with. They told us we could stay if we paid $49.00 per person. I had already paid tour cozumel so I was not going to pay again. We looked around and we did not think it was anything great. The jet ski's they rented were $60.00 for 1/2 hour. They were run down and I would be suprised if they ran. My wife stuck her hand in the pool and it was freezing. I definitely would look for a better place. I will say I did receive my full refund plus the cab fair from tour cozumel today. It was pretty fishy though how though told me they never heard of this company.

Wow things must have really went downhill in 10 months, we were there in June and things were really nice! I am just wondering how you got in to see the place, and to walk down to the beach to see the wave runners? We were met at the entrance and asked for our confirmations, they wouldn't allow us admittance without us paying the balance. Wonder what was up that day?

You got screwed by the Tour Cozumel company NOT Nachi Cocum.

Island Marketing is the company who exclusively sells advance reservations to Nachi Cocum.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

which would be why the employees have never heard of the company you booked through.

I'm wondering if you even went to the correct beach club.

I'd be curious as to which beach club or clubs Tour Cozumel sells daypasses to.

(I tried Googling Tour Cozumel and there was not one hit. There was a Cozumel Tours, which had 8 different beach breaks available, NONE of which were Nachi Cocum.)

So since Tour Cozumel screwed you or you screwed yourself by going to the wrong beach club, you are going to try and steer people away without having actually used the beach club......:rolleyes:

My Wife and I used Nachi Cocum on our last cruise to Cozumel and we will be booking it again for January on our next cruise there.

It was a little slice of heaven and we hope it will be again in January.

But we will be booking it through the correct company, Island Marketing, so the employees will be ready for us and we can having yet another amazing day there.

Anybody foolish enough to be steered away from Nachi by Daniel's review after correctly being denied access (although the staff was courteous enough to offer them the same rate being a walk in) , then that is a just a less crowded day for the people smart enough to see Daniel's posts for what they are...

Bill

Dh and I were there Thursday, April 2nd. Weather was very windy and water was a little dark by shore, but we had a blast. Service was beyond great, and the food, WOW! Our tray our waiter, Manuel, brought us was jammed packed and yes, I got a pic, because you would not believe they would feed you that well for what they charge and give you unlimited drinks. Thank you again to everyone who suggested and confirmed how nice it was, can't wait to go again.

We got the nachos, seafood ceviche, chicken tacos and guacamole. Everything was great!

triptocozumel18.jpg

triptocozumel70.jpg

We were there on the same day. We were disappointed with the ocean but we enjoyed the pool and the service and food were outstanding. It is a great value and well worth it. Would go back again.:)

The pictures of the food look wonderful. Can't wait to go there for our first time. This board has really gotten us excited about going here. Just a quick question? It is safe to drink the frozen drinks, isn't it? Just want to double check to make sure.

The pictures of the food look wonderful. Can't wait to go there for our first time. This board has really gotten us excited about going here. Just a quick question? It is safe to drink the frozen drinks, isn't it? Just want to double check to make sure.

I think I had two Diet Cokes and the rest were either frozen margaritas or pina coladas and no problems at all.

Verrrry conservative (food/travel/health-wise, I mean) cruiser here, and I drank several:cool: margaritas with ice at Nachi Cocum. No worries whatsoever!

Yes of course. They use filtered water. My husband and I had 15 drinks in total (lots of beers). You will love it there.

It is safe to drink the frozen drinks, isn't it?

No, it's not - they put a secret ingredient in them to make you totally forget your taxi ride back to the pier and that also makes you shop while unconscious and then the next morning there's a bag of souvenirs in your cabin that you have NO memory of buying!! It will also make you stop at Fat Tuesdays and drink a 3 foot tall margarita and not even remember THAT!! You just know you did it cuz the glass is sitting on your bedside table the next morning! And, AND, it will make you eat escargot for dinner (along with other things that you'll have no memory of eating) and actually LIKE IT!!!

Just curious, what is seafood ceviche? And what is in it? All the food looks amazing!!!!!!!!! Thanks.

Suppose to be shrimp, octopus, conch and squid...I didn't see squid though, but what do I know..lol It was good though, I can tell you that.

I just booked Nachi for our Feb 2010 cruise.......I know it's far off but I didn't want them to get booked. Plus altogether there will be 12 of us. I see everyone talk about the food, but can't find out anything about dessert. Anyone?????????????

Thanks!

Karen

No, it's not - they put a secret ingredient in them to make you totally forget your taxi ride back to the pier and that also makes you shop while unconscious and then the next morning there's a bag of souvenirs in your cabin that you have NO memory of buying!! It will also make you stop at Fat Tuesdays and drink a 3 foot tall margarita and not even remember THAT!! You just know you did it cuz the glass is sitting on your bedside table the next morning! And, AND, it will make you eat escargot for dinner (along with other things that you'll have no memory of eating) and actually LIKE IT!!!

I think we had the same poisoned drink!! I bought a leather purse with a pistol holder inside it...and I don't even own a gun!!

I am trying to remember what the dessert choices were - I know that our family sampled the vanilla, strawberry and coconut ice cream (the three flavors available) and the coconut ice cream was one of the best things I have ever tasted...no kidding, it was that good!

Archived