Nachi Cocum...thank you all!!

sherrintxs

They have ice cream (coconut, vanilla, chocolate for sure), plus flan and cheesecake. I had the cheesecake which was pretty good, but I was stuffed before I got it. My wife had the coconut ice cream and had them put Kahlua on as a topping. She said it was amazing.

My wife had the coconut ice cream and had them put Kahlua on as a topping.

Holy crap, that's the best idea ever, ha ha. I'll be there next month, and I'm totally stealing this. Thanks! :D

Erica

We didn't even have dessert after that food, we were stuffed. Manuel went to get us a cab and asked if we wanted dessert and we said no and he said we needed a drink for the cab ride, he actually brought dh a Corona and me a pina colada, but me and my clumsy self dropped it right over the side of that little bridge cross over where you go to wait for the cab. :o

We were there on March 25th. We had booked thru someone other than the cruise line. When we got there I gave them our confirmation and they said they never heard of Tour Cozumel, the company we booked it with. They told us we could stay if we paid $49.00 per person. I had already paid tour cozumel so I was not going to pay again. We looked around and we did not think it was anything great. The jet ski's they rented were $60.00 for 1/2 hour. They were run down and I would be suprised if they ran. My wife stuck her hand in the pool and it was freezing. I definitely would look for a better place. I will say I did receive my full refund plus the cab fair from tour cozumel today. It was pretty fishy though how though told me they never heard of this company.

I think it is YOU that made a mistake..........I booked with TourCozumel and according to their website,they dont even offer a tour to Nachi.......they use Mr Sanchos ($40)........:rolleyes:

as the others said,you use Island marketing to book Nachi...........looks like you goofed.....

Last year when we went to nachi , we did so to have a quit more exclusive time at cozumel than our previous visit to Mr Sanchos with our friends and family, which was also great by the way.

Nachi was very relaxing , there were ony like 4 other couples and one faimily with 2 kids......it is really an adult resort, not much fun for kids but great for adults that want to sit in the pool, swim up to the bar and chill!!

Also I had a GREAT massage on the beach, beautiful looking into the water and getting this great massage at the same time.........ahhhh awesome! And cheap! compared to the ship LOL!

Nachi is perfect for quiet day........honestly not really for kids, so if you have kids do them and the rest of the people at Nachi a favor and go to Mr Sanchos for the day , you all will have a great time there.

We love kids, we have 8 but Nachi is a great adult "getaway" place :)

Danille: I don't know where the cab took you or where you actually ended up , but I can assure to it wasn't Nachi cochum! It definatly pays to do your homework and investigate on CC before booking anything with anyone, on CC when you see the same tour company over and over and over again.........usually that is a sure bet they are the real thing, I hope you try again in the future and get to really experience paridise!;) You sound sooo upset and I would be too, but count your blessings that you were able to get reimbursed AT ALL.....sounds like they pulled one over on you for sure , so I can't beleive that didn't take your money and run!

Last time I checked I think I could read. I assure you that we went to Nachi. I don't really care what there web site says. 6 months ago we originally booked the twister ride that went to Passion island. About two weeks before we left I received a phone call from Tour Cozumel telling me that they could no longer offer the excursion to Passion island. I could either get my money back or go to Nachi or Mr. Sancho's. We decided to try Nachi's. To me and it's my opinion, I did not think Nachi's was anything special. If I go to Cozumel again would I go back? NO.

As I said before, I received a full refund from Tour Cozumel plus my cab fare. I would not hesitate to use them again. I don't know where the mixup occured.

Muffy

I'm sorry if you don't think kids should be at nachi............but luckily that's your opinion and not their policy. I booked what I thought would be best for my family that day and wouldn't consider going somewhere else now. My kids know how to enjoy simple things and are well behaved.

Karen

I have to agree with Karen. Nachi is not an adult-only resort. Kids are allowed and welcomed. Even on their web page they show pictures of kids! I'm also taking my family to Nachi. It may not be filled with kids activities, but some kids enjoy a nice day at the beach as well.

Folks, OK I feel the flame LOL. I am sure your children are very well behaved as was the children that were there the day we were there too, although there was nothing for them to do except to swim in the pool or water, Mr Sanchos has the trampoline, pool, ATV/ horseback riding/jet skis. and on and on.

Please do NOT take offense to my comment I just am trying to let families with kids understand that it is not a "kid" envirorment that is all! While we were there I swam with the cutiest little girl for 1/2 the day but there just wasn't much for them to do and there were NO other children there that day either.

It is a great place though , if you look on some old threads about Nachi you wll find many people saying the same thing , which is exactly why we chose it when my husbadand I came back to cozumel without any children.

That is all.....in a nutshell........please no more flames....I meant no offense!!:eek:

Just returned from our cruise today! My favorite stop was Cozumel and Nachi Cocum. It is true what was said about the chairs, we paid for two adults and two 13 year olds and was told that the kids did not get chairs. I told them that I read online that another guest had experienced this and that the management of Nachi had responded that this was not true. They immediately gave us chairs for our boys, and the rest of the day was absolutely fabulous.

I highly recommend the hammocks...I had the best nap of my life in this tropical island paradise.

Suggestion, order your food in stages as it's way too much to eat all at once. Also, only do a light breakfast on the ship, if at all. The salsa and guacamole is amazing...

We are looking forward to our return visit.

Folks, OK I feel the flame LOL. I am sure your children are very well behaved as was the children that were there the day we were there too, although there was nothing for them to do except to swim in the pool or water, Mr Sanchos has the trampoline, pool, ATV/ horseback riding/jet skis. and on and on.

I'm taking my two kids there next monday. They are only 6 and 7 years old so we have no use for horseback riding/jet skis/ATV. It is my understanding that the beach and pool at Nachi are superior to the beach/pool at Mr. Sanchos. That being the case (if true) then why would I take my kids to a place with a smaller pool? The only thing they would be missing out on is some water trampoline but they would be giving up a superior pool/hot tub and would be in a more crowded environment.

Honestly, I don't want my kids "competing" on a water trampoline with kids two or three times their age/size.

I also read on here about Mr. Sanchos having a tendency to attract more party type folks......nothing wrong with that but not what I have in mind.

Bottom line......I think (from all I have read) that this place should be GREAT for kids under 8 years old. Now, when you start getting into the 10+ age range then I can see that having water toys and banana boats could be a better option.

Besides, even with a family, it shouldn't be just about the kids at every stop. Mom and Dad deserve some quiet beach time too, away from the crowds and Nachi Cocom seems like a nice place for parents as well as their kids.

OK...first....our ship was late getting to Cozumel....we did not get off the ship until around 11:15am(and we were 1st off the ship AFTER a wedding party) and arrived at around 11:40ish. We had booked the extra snorkel trip from Nachi so as soon as we got there they rushed us to our Palapa to drop off our bag and then rushed us quickly to the snorkeling boat that was about to leave without us.....but did wait since they knew the Ecstasy was late. THE ONLY complaint I have about Nachi would be the drop from the pier to the snorkeling boat....we literally had to jump onto the very small boat....and then getting back ON the pier when we got back was even worse.....REALLY could have used a ladder or something since the pier was so much higher than the water. If you had any health problems at all this could be an issue. Snorkeling itself was GREAT! Granted...I've only been ONE other time in Coz but this was a WONDERFUL snorkel trip. Our guide was great....he would swim down and show us stuff that we might have missed if we were just looking on our own. At the first stop...we probably drifted/swam a good hour and saw 3 stingrays, 3-4 baracuda...starfish...a 50+lb grouper and TONS AND TONS of colorful fishes! It was awesome! There was a lady on our trip that said she saw more fish than she had seen the last 2 times snorkeling in HAWAII! WOW! The 2nd stop was short and sweet....we were ALL ready to just get back to the beach and relax and we told them so....we definitely got our money's worth the 1st stop. Did I mention I saved a girls leg...no kidding....she was drifting RIGHT into the motor of the boat....and had her head down the whole time....I had mine up and pushed her away....lol. Not really funny but...guess my mommy mode kicked in or something. She was VERY gratefull.....said she'd buy me a drink when we got back to nachi(lol...since we were all inclusive!). Anyway....it was a fabulous trip all in all. It lasted about 1.5 hours....but it might have been longer.....we were just all ready to get back! Again my only complaint was the pier......could use some improvement to get on and off the boats for snorkeling/parasailing.

Nachi itself was beautiful. When we got back we decided to rinse off and have lunch under the large starfish shaped Palapa. We were imediatly greeted by our server on return from the snorkel trip and ordered drinks and Chips/Salsa/Guacamole. I had shots of tequila and diet coke as a chaser which is my usual....I'll admit I was a bit SKEERED when he brought me the shot since I normall prefer Patron...and CHILLED. This was not chilled(guess that's how they roll in Mexico) so I was hesitant about it.....BUT it was surprisingly smooth and I stuck with it for the remainder of my stay. I did have one frozen margarita that was pretty good but I prefer to just shoot my tequila and drink a diet coke on the side! ;) DH had Tecate's and they were always VERY cold and brought out right as he was finished with one. GREAT service! FOOD ~ It was OUT OF THIS WORLD wonderful! FRESH and yummy! We had nachos(YUMMMMM....best cheese EVER!), guacamole and fresh Salsa for apps, for our entrees, DH had mixed fajitas & I had the Garlic Shrimp plate....OMG...best shrimp I have ever had! Seriously....it was WONDERFUL....fresh and so tasty....they were split and in a garlic butter sauce...served with veggies and a safron rice. WONDERFUL! All the food was great.....best of the whole trip!

We then went to our Palapa for the rest of our stay...which was TOO short!!!! Drinks were brought promtly and I did order the Coconut Ice Cream just to taste it....not because I was the least bit hungry(wish I'd seen the Kalua tip before we went! lol) and it was very tasty! I think they had a caramel something too...and maybe a cheesecake...I knew what I wanted before I even got there though! ;)

It was a great trip....wonderful service and a beautiful beach! I will definitely go again! Well worth the $50 PP! We did tip $10 when we got there because we were leaving my bag with our camera in it when we went snorkeling and then $15 when we left because the service was so great!

I'd say there were about 40 ppl there that day....if that...and not a BIT crowded....I didn't count so thats just my estimate.

I'm so sad to be home......seriously have the after vaca blues....hmmm....guess I'll just have to plan another trip! :D

Thanks for the great review my wife and I will be there on May 14, I have a couple of questions:

Was the snorkeling included or extra?

Could I decide to snorkel once I get there and just snorkel off the beach?

Again thanks for the review we are excited to be able to sit on a beautiful beach, margartias in hand, with no vendors, and just relax

Hi,

Wow a little slice of heaven to say the least. I just sent them an e-mail hoping they're not already filled for mid January.

I do have a question about whether or not we'll have time to see the ruins if we leave the beach a little early. We have to be back on board around 7. Have never been to Cozumel so I'm not too familiar on getting around .Any info would be great

Thanks,

Liz

Thanks for the great review my wife and I will be there on May 14, I have a couple of questions:

Was the snorkeling included or extra?

Could I decide to snorkel once I get there and just snorkel off the beach?

Again thanks for the review we are excited to be able to sit on a beautiful beach, margartias in hand, with no vendors, and just relax

We were there last week. Great place! Snorkeling is extra ($38). You can decide when you get there, as my husband did. He had own snorkel gear, though it will be provided if you want. Water too cloudy to snorkel from beach and sandy bottom, no coral.

My margarita on the rocks was AWFUL and couldn't drink it. Switched to Coronas. Maybe you'll have better luck with the mixed drinks!

Archived