What would you do?

Ok, need to give a little background here. We booked a stateroom for 4 on Freedom of the seas for me DH DS and DD. Then DS's friend wantedto come (paying own way) and then DS's boyfriend wanted to come. We agreed but meant that we would moveout of that stateroom and get our own. This we did. The room for 4 is fully paid up and the new room has deposit paid. Rest being paid by friend and boyfriend. Now DS and boyfriend split up, although he agreed to honour paying if this happened he isnt going to. I am thinking we can remove 4th person from paid up stateroom and put this money towards 2nd room but do you think they will let us. Due to mess boyfriend has put us in we may need to downgrade 2nd room from JS to E2. Anyone downgraded before and do they allow it. Boyfriend has only paid for flight out to America and cruise deposit. Airline wont even let us change the name on flight so that someone else could pay the rest of his commitment and take his place. Trying to work out best way round. I have sent numerous texts to him saying he is being unfair (we paid out and he promised to pay us back, but nothing in writing as we trusted him)

Anyone think of a solution.

Anyone think of a solution.

I think you are going to be bummed at the outcome...first suggestion I have is to try and see if someone else wants to join your family trip (a friend of your DS perhaps?) Otherwise, you will be allowed to downgrade, but only if there is a cabin available.

The flight will likely be a problem any way you slice it.

I have always said that money and friends don't mix, but who knew that vacation planning and friends don't mix?

Hopefully your family will be able to enjoy the trip regardless...bon voyage!

They should let you apply the money from one reservation to the other.

On my last price drop, I had only a $200 balance on one reservation, but the price drop for that cabin was for $300. That gave me a 0 balance one reservation, and instead of getting the other $100 put back on my card, I asked if they could apply it to my other reservation with a balance, and they did with no trouble whatsoever.

Unfortunately, the airline ticket is the boyfriend's, no matter WHO paid for it! Once a name is assigned, that's it.

You should be able to re-arranged the cabins, tho....folks do this all the time. It's only the plane ticket that will be a "write-off"!

Archived