Newport news fit?

High C's

I am comtemplating placing an order from Newport News for the first time. Can someone please share some advice re sizing - do you find them to be true to size? It has been my experience that some on line shops tend to fit somewhat smaller.

I also find their pricing to be very reasonable. Are these clothes of good quality?

Thanks!:)

Newport News is an offshoot of Avon...I haven't found the clothing (in the past, anyway) to be of very good quality--they seem cheaply made, to me. (Crooked seams, unmatched patterns...) You do get what you pay for! I tried them years ago, and had to return every item.

Newport News is an offshoot of Avon...I haven't found the clothing (in the past, anyway) to be of very good quality--they seem cheaply made, to me. (Crooked seams, unmatched patterns...) You do get what you pay for! I tried them years ago, and had to return every item.

Thank you! I didn't realize it was from the Avon company. And your description of the product certainly explains the prices!:rolleyes:

I recently ordered from them, 5 pieces. Based on their sizing guide I ordered a large. They came and every single item is HUGE....:eek:

Everything is repacked and going back. I will not reorder from them again.

This was my experience too. Very thin fabric. I sent my items back.

I agree on the quality of Newport News .. UNLESS .. you are looking at a bathing suit or the shapeware fx. Those seem to be of very good quality.

I agree. I've had very good luck with bathing suits from there.

I recently received 2 bathing suits from Speigel. I noticed on the Newport News site the bathing suit section is exactly the same as Speigel - pics, prices, and all, so yes, they are the same company. I like both suits and am keeping both. One is a Shape FX, in which I actually like the fit a little better than the regular one. I ordered a third - a Shape FX 2-piece. We'll see how this one fits!

As far as clothes, I prefer to try on than mail order. Usually the same with swimwear. I took a chance and got lucky!

As far as clothes, I prefer to try on than mail order. Usually the same with swimwear. I took a chance and got lucky!

I agree, however I have just surgery and can't get out. On line shopping is keeping me amused! I just received a bunch of stuff from Lands End, and I am very pleased with the quality.

I agree' date=' however I have just surgery and can't get out. On line shopping is keeping me amused! I just received a bunch of stuff from Lands End, and I am very pleased with the quality.[/quote']

I do well with the Lands End swimsuits...I have 5.:D

Talbots and Codlwater Creek are always safe bets for online shopping, plus they always have things on SALE.:)

Don't drink too many Rum Swizzles.;)

I do well with the Lands End swimsuits...I have 5.:D

Talbots and Codlwater Creek are always safe bets for online shopping, plus they always have things on SALE.:)

Don't drink too many Rum Swizzles.;)

LOL! Yes, you definitely have us thinking of heading straight to the Swizzle Inn!

Talbots quality is fabulous. I have never ordered from Coldwater Creek. Do you find these sizes true to size? I am a "fluffy" size (usually an 18). But there is Size 18, and then Size 18 you know? Lands End sizing is very good. Usually better made clothes are better at sizing. I'm glad I asked before I ordered Newport News!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've ordered several items from this company online an had no problem with them. In fact, both items were reduces "DRASTICALLY". One was a sequin dress that was just perfect for a Pink Susan G. Komen Party last year. Sizes were true. Also, it is affiliated with Spiegel.

Good Luck! :)

I have ordered both clothes and swimsuits from here. The swimsuits fit nice but the clothes were very cheaply made. The fabric is thin and the sizes were completely oversized. I bought the gold halter dress and when I got it in the mail, it looked horrible. Thankfully, they are great with returns and the credit was back on my card within a week. I now order from Boston Proper even though some of their stuff is expensive, the quality is great! Just have to wait for things to go on sale.

I have ordered many things from Newport News and have not had an issue with quality at all. I have got jeans and jackets and thought they were great - lots of compliments.

I have to say, though, I LOVE Jessica London. They are equally stylish as Newport News, very modestly priced, and an excellent value for the money. I just got a 5 piece travel knit wardrober - two tops, slacks, jacket and skirt - list $49.99, but I got it 35% off. It is amazingly comfortable, versitile and looks absolutely awesome. I wore it over Easter and people thought it looked great. One friend said she got a similar three piece set at Chicos for over $150! They have coupons all the time. I'll buy "signature" items from Coldwater Creek, and by my basics from Jessica London or one of the other One Stop Plus shops (Woman Within, Chadwicks, Avenue, Roamans, etc.) at onestopplus.com Plus, they have reviews of all their clothes by people who bought them. They will say if it is true to size (I have found their clothes to run big, so I get a size smaller in everything), what the material looks like, how well made, lots of details. Check it out. I am plus size, but I think they have misses sizes, too.

Archived