Jeans on Princess

traciH2633

My husband wants to wear jeans to the dining room- we have anytime dining. Do you think that would be ok, if he has a nice button down shirt on?

Yes, I wore my jeans most nights, paired with a decent shirt. Didn't feel out of place at all. Though some people on here would have you wear a tux every night of the week.... :rolleyes:

You'll fine that most people on this board are not very tolerant about wearing jeans at any time in the dr but they are acceptable by Princess's casual standards. They're also really comfortable for lounging around at the show especially after dinner.

My husband wants to wear jeans to the dining room- we have anytime dining. Do you think that would be ok, if he has a nice button down shirt on?

You will get many varied responses on this subject but I have seen jeans turned away in the MDR.

From the Cruise Answer Book:

Smart Casual Evenings:

• Passenger attire should be in keeping with what would be worn to a nice restaurant at home. Inappropriate dinner dress such as pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes), is not permitted in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn.

So, nice jeans are definitely ok with Princess, just not casual ones. That said, I don't recall seeing anyone wearing jeans in the MDR on the Ruby last week.

We like in a golf country club and you CAN NOT wear jeans in the clubhouse after 6 pm. Some jeans may cost more than some nice pants but they are originally made for farm work. The dinning room is Not a farm.

pop-corn anyone?? :eek:

LMAO :p

Doesn't matter if you don't like to see people wearing jeans in the dining room or not.....it is permitted on Princess on smart casual night. On my March Emerald cruise, I did see some and no one was turned away! Now, if I'm cruising the Caribbean, I won't bring jeans. Much too hot for me, plus I can't eat as much:p

From the Cruise Answer Book:

Smart Casual Evenings:

• Passenger attire should be in keeping with what would be worn to a nice restaurant at home. Inappropriate dinner dress such as pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes), is not permitted in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn.

So, nice jeans are definitely ok with Princess, just not casual ones. That said, I don't recall seeing anyone wearing jeans in the MDR on the Ruby last week.

Thanks for providing the official dress code.

We like in a golf country club and you CAN NOT wear jeans in the clubhouse after 6 pm. Some jeans may cost more than some nice pants but they are originally made for farm work. The dinning room is Not a farm.

PLEASE leave the jeans at home. They are not appropriate. It is too fancy of a restaurant and he will look out of place just as he would at home in a similar restaurant.

A few posters try to justify ignoring the dress code, particularly formal night, by commenting on how much the cruise cost.

A few posters try to change the dress code to what they want it to be (no jeans) and suggest passengers have a responsibility to exceed the dress code as published by Princess.

I find both groups of posters to be equally rude. Princess sets the dress code. Posters are wrong in suggesting guests should ignore the dress code on formal night. Posters are equally wrong in suggesting guests have an obligation to exceed the dress requirements suggested by Princess.

That said airlines are weighing bags and limiting (or eliminating) the free luggage allowance. Jeans weigh more then dockers. Passengers on warm weather cruises will be wearing shorts during the day and would be better served packing dockers instead of jeans.

PLEASE leave the jeans at home. They are not appropriate. It is too fancy of a restaurant and he will look out of place just as he would at home in a similar restaurant.

Pffftt !! All i can say is... THE CHEEK !!!!:eek:

I wore jeans every night other then formal nights last week on the Ruby, They were nice looking and I saw many wearing jeans. I like to wear them just to piss off all the stuffy people on here who can't handle them. We each are individuals with a right to choose so wear what you want as long as it is excepted by the cruise line, and jeans are!

I wore jeans every night other then formal nights last week on the Ruby, They were nice looking and I saw many wearing jeans. I like to wear them just to piss off all the stuffy people on here who can't handle them. We each are individuals with a right to choose so wear what you want as long as it is excepted by the cruise line, and jeans are!

EXACTLY !!! You are the type of person i would like to meet on a cruise!

Nice jeans, dress shirt, dress shoes, I'll give him 99% chance he'll get in on formal night. Reason for the 1% he gets sick of all the people dining in formal wear :eek:

On our last cruise in the Med which we saw more people dressed to the nines then ever, some actually looked very good in the their formal wear, we also saw a few nice jeans in the MDR on formal night. Must be the Europeans, didn't see anyone hung up or not having a good time because of what their neighor was wearing or not.

Oh BTW thanks for starting another entertaining thread on what is appropriate in the MDR, I love the comment about the orgins of jeans and what they thought about the dining room. WOnder if the person knew they were likely eating something from the farm, so why not dress appropriatly :D

Archived