Looking for information on ship sponsored tours of St. Petersburg

travelling pair

Hawkeye, let me assure you the ships tours are fantastic. We took the precruise tour in Beijing and it was the best tour we ever took with the ship. In Russia we just decided we did not want to tour with as many people. We are still planning the strenuous 3 day tour with Alla.

Oh, I don't doubt that the ship's tours are wonderful. Except for complaints about the cost, I have always heard good feedback about O's tours.

For us, personally, we're looking for something with a better $$$/value ratio . . . and also, we'd like to avoid the "big bus" experience.

When we were planning our trip we compared the O excursions to private ones they worked out pretty close dollarwise.

The downside to ship's tours are the # of people & there is always one who will hold up the tour ...MIA

Last time we did the ships tour (on Orient) 2 ladies were always missing or late because they ran off shopping at each stop ...hence we had to cut some of the other stops short to get back on time

Lyn

Archived