Spring Fall 2010

orchestrapal

Just booked the Norway cruise this morning - cabin 7116. Very excited that Oceania put up this itinerary. Looked at Regent (Voyager) and Princess (Tahitian) this June, but could not fit either in during that time frame, so were so happy to see Oceania put it on the docket for July next year - must be destiny!!

This will be our 6th Oceania cruise and we love every minute we are on board.

Connie

John - so you will be right below us, eh. Guess we will have to limit our macarena dancing in the wee hours:p. Will definitely be joining the roll call. Cabin 7116 will be our first aft experience, but after reading that others seemed to like it, we decided to give it a try.

Connie

John - so you will be right below us, eh. Guess we will have to limit our macarena dancing in the wee hours:p. Will definitely be joining the roll call. Cabin 7116 will be our first aft experience, but after reading that others seemed to like it, we decided to give it a try.

Connie

And we will be right next door to you so we'll bang on the wall if you are too noisy!

Thinking of the Oceania Istanbul to Barcelona. Includes, Isreal, Jordan and Egypt. We like Regent but they don't have an itinerary like that for 2010. Been on Oceania once and loved it. Regent is including ALL excursions, liquor and no tipping. Also, a very good deal.

With the economy the way it is; we have to take the best deal or just stay home. Judy

Thinking of the Oceania Istanbul to Barcelona. Includes, Isreal, Jordan and Egypt. We like Regent but they don't have an itinerary like that for 2010. Been on Oceania once and loved it. Regent is including ALL excursions, liquor and no tipping. Also, a very good deal.

With the economy the way it is; we have to take the best deal or just stay home. Judy

You got me very excited on that as I've always wanted to go to Jordan, but checking the itinerary for the Oct 1, 2010 cruise, Jordon is not on the itinerary.

Since Jordan is totally land-locked it would not show on the itinerary. There may, however, be away to go from one of the ports by land on a tour.:)

Jordan isn't land locked. Check a map. Ships dock at Aqaba. Now maybe someone would arrange a flight from Israel, but Jordan is not on the itinerary.

O only goes to Jordan(Petra) twice a year. Hong Kong to Athens , 35 days, and Rome ( or Istanbul , depending on the year)to Singapore, 32-40 days.

With the pirates in Sea of Eden, I doubt if O is too keen on increasing their presence in that area, especially when Nautica was already a target last year.

O only goes to Jordan(Petra) twice a year. Hong Kong to Athens , 35 days, and Rome ( or Istanbul , depending on the year)to Singapore, 32-40 days.

With the pirates in Sea of Eden, I doubt if O is too keen on increasing their presence in that area, especially when Nautica was already a target last year.

I know, that's why I was so excited when someone posted Jordan on a med. cruise. I can't get 35 days off work :)

How are you guys doing?

I know, that's why I was so excited when someone posted Jordan on a med. cruise. I can't get 35 days off work :)

How are you guys doing?

We're going to Bordeaux on Regetta's Sep 19, 2009 sailing, so next year's itinerary is of interest.

The 2010 itinerary on O's site has some hard ( for me) to understand port times. For example, arr. 1159, depart next day 12 pm. Does that mean passengers can only take a morning excursion?:confused:

Knowing you, you would have your bases covered and noticed these discrepancies. Beware though, tide can change your time in port in Bordeaux. Ours is changed to the point that the ship actually has to move to another nearby port for the overnight stay.

We're going to Bordeaux on Regetta's Sep 19, 2009 sailing, so next year's itinerary is of interest.

The 2010 itinerary on O's site has some hard ( for me) to understand port times. For example, arr. 1159, depart next day 12 pm. Does that mean passengers can only take a morning excursion?:confused:

Knowing you, you would have your bases covered and noticed these discrepancies. Beware though, tide can change your time in port in Bordeaux. Ours is changed to the point that the ship actually has to move to another nearby port for the overnight stay.

I saw that...Oceania's website was a bit vague, but when I was checking an online TA, it was showing even weirder times...like midnight - noon in St. Malo, then the same in Bordeaux, very strange! I think we're going to be doing a French land trip next year. I would really like to spend some quality time in Normandy and Brittany and you just don't get that on a cruise.

• 4 months later...

Am considering the transatlantic crossing at the end of the season, 6 Dec 2010, Barcelona to Rio de Janeiro. I like that it doesn't just go back to the USA, so you get to see something interesting on both sides of the ocean. Nice price, too. Working it with the travel agent now.

We are going on the Nov. 3 Rome to Barcelona. Thought about taking the similar itinerary on Aug. 3, but DH doesn't want the excessive heat. (We have enough of that here in AZ:D). However, does anyone know if Nov. in the Med.

is rainy season? We plan to spend a few days in Barcelona after the cruise.

Anyone else going on the trip? (I've started a roll call.)

November is hit or miss. We have had very beautiful cool weather most of the time in November but you can run into rainy spells for several days in a row. Don't let it bother you, take an umbrella and keep going. The lack of crowds and heat make up for a little bit of rain.

Archived