Vow renewals

Hi y'all;

I posted a thread on another part of the board and heard from NO ONE... Has anyone done a vow renewal on Celebrity in the last year or so? I am planning on doing one in December on the Solstice and wanted to get some insight as to what Celebrity does and how well it went. Don't be bashfull ;).

Not as recent as you requested, but we renewed ours on the Millennium in '07. We met with a lady (sorry I forget her title) the afternoon of embarkation and worked out all the details. Ours was held on the morning of the first sea day in Michael's Club. It was tastefully decorated with flower arrangements flanking the fireplace where the captain stood. There was also a table for the cake and champagne surrounded by rose petals.

The captain did a wonderful job with the vows and his gift to us was an invitation to the bridge the next morning for our arrival in San Juan. The photographer was outstanding. He took pictures all over the ship and I wound up spending way too much money!

Kim

Hello. I am "the gal".:) We renewed our vows on Solstice in March; I worked with Katie Branch in their weddings department (she is WONDERFUL!). You work with their "alnd" coordinator until you are onboard; once there, you will be contacted by the onboard event coordinator who will confirm everything with you. They did everything I asked and were great. The ceremony was wonderful. We did the "True Love Knot" renewal (the one where the Captain renews the vows); it's a beautiful ceremony, and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. Also, their photographers, Depp Blue, did a beautiful job.

SWEET!!!!!!!:D

Thanks for the responses so far. I don't really know what to ask about. I know that we want to do the vow renewal for our 30th (was actually in FEB), and we wanted the Capt. to do it. I don't remember the name of the package, but it was the second one (more expensive). It sounds like a nice touch by the Capt. to invite the couple to the bridge. Were there any other perks thrown in besides the cake that you pay for and flowers? I know that you get a ships photo and one of the vows. You also get the photographer for an hour.

My wife only knows that we are going to do vow renewals, nothing else is going to be known by her <G>. We are doing in on the Solstice also, so I am REALLY looking forward to this. I was going to have it done at Disney until I saw how proud they were of their services <sigh>, even onboard ship they were WAY over priced. So it is a week of Disney and then a week on the Sostice <G>.

If you can lead me in any direction on what I should or shouldn't do that would be GREAT! I am the romantic and the planner in the family. Last little trip was to North Florida and Savanah, did the moon light carraige ride with bubbly in Savanah and that was really fun...

Thanks and I look forward to a lot of input.

regards

Scott

How romantic that you are the planner. Not sure if it was because of the ceremony or the suite, but we were invited to the Captain's table a few nights later. Be warned, the pictures are very expensive. The flowers included in the package were beautiful and I was glad I didn't upgrade. The cake was heart shaped with white on white roses. The champagne flutes were nice to keep as well.

Kim

SWEET!!!!!!!:D

Thanks for the responses so far. I don't really know what to ask about. I know that we want to do the vow renewal for our 30th (was actually in FEB), and we wanted the Capt. to do it. I don't remember the name of the package, but it was the second one (more expensive). It sounds like a nice touch by the Capt. to invite the couple to the bridge. Were there any other perks thrown in besides the cake that you pay for and flowers? I know that you get a ships photo and one of the vows. You also get the photographer for an hour.

My wife only knows that we are going to do vow renewals, nothing else is going to be known by her <G>. We are doing in on the Solstice also, so I am REALLY looking forward to this. I was going to have it done at Disney until I saw how proud they were of their services <sigh>, even onboard ship they were WAY over priced. So it is a week of Disney and then a week on the Sostice <G>.

If you can lead me in any direction on what I should or shouldn't do that would be GREAT! I am the romantic and the planner in the family. Last little trip was to North Florida and Savanah, did the moon light carraige ride with bubbly in Savanah and that was really fun...

Thanks and I look forward to a lot of input.

regards

Scott

The pics are expensive, but Deep Blue is beyond fantastic at them!!! The flowers that the ship provided for the bouquet and boutinerre were beautiful; the ceremony that you are talking about is the"True Love Knot Renewal", the same one that we did. It is truly beautiful. The wedding coordinator can totally help you through it; the flowers, cake and arranging that the ship did were wonderful; we also added champagne for our guests which went really well with the cake:D. The cake was chocolate (you can choose) and the choices for the between-layers was buttercream, fresh raspberries or fresh strawberries. We used the fresh raspberries, and it was DELICIOUS! They use a whipped-cream type frosting that was GREAT with it. Are you having any friends / family along? We had our Cruise Critic group in attendance, as we had grown close over the last two years. It made it truly special to us.

We renewed our vows on the Infinity in September 2006. Since the private renewal was too pricey for us, we participated in a group vow renewal that was held. To my surprise, my husband had arranged for the officating priest to bless the new rings we exchanged during the ceremony.

This is one of first solo trips, so no one will be along that we know (other than a few CC folks that I am just begining to meet online.). We would have loved to have had a few friends along, but the way the economy is going, most of the folks that we are friends with don't have the disposable income to do one this year, or are still worried about lay offs and not wanting to spend money.

I was hoping that Celebrity would do a photo package like some of the other cruise lines are doing, but with my luck, they will wait till AFTER our cruise to do so ;)

It sounds like the folks at the cruise line do a good job at putting it all together, which makes my job a LOT easier. The only hard part will be convincing my wife to go and get a killer dress for the occasion (she HATES to shop, that is my assignment normally.:eek:).

Well looking forward to any other words of wisdom from y'all. I am getting excited about the entire trip which is going to encompass about three weeks with driving to Florida, doing Disney for a week, driving to FLL and then the cruise and then driving home... This is going to be fun....

regards

Scott

My DH did it in Oct 08 as a surprise for me. Boy...was I ever! Thought I was celebrating the first date anniversary of friends. Refused to buy a new outift for that, so I appeared in a black pantsuit. We were told the theme was black & white. Well the men wore Cuban formal shirts & straw hats...We traveled with 2 other couples who are very dear to us- between us we celebrated 100 yrs of marriage following the ceremony in the specialty restaurant on the Connie. We actually were set up in the private rm wine cellar & photographer did get great pics. Our ceremony was by Gary -brain freeze-activities director?- with absolutely beautifully worded vows. It was held in the lovely conservatory & my friends supplied a bouquet of red roses. DH bought me a beautiful ruby ring. DH requested they sprinkle M&Ms around the cake....& our rm steward made a heart of rose petals on the bed when we returned late to the rm. We actually spent about 5 times as much on photos as I did on my gown in 1972!! But quite a spectacular time to make sure it doesn't fade from my fuzzy memory.;)

Chickaroonie;

I was hoping to tie in the vow renewal with the formal night so that it wouldn't be a far stretch to go formal for the event. Might as well get as much action out of the photographer as possible :eek:.

I guess as the time grows closer I will hear from the folks at Celebrity to see how this is all going to turn out. Nice to hear that they seem to do a nice job of it. I am indeed looking forward to it.

Keep the suggestions coming ;)

Scott in North Texas

This could be a great idea for us. We sail this Nov (20th Anniv is Oct) on a Solstice B2B. So may set it up for a TA mid-Atlantic and pick a Formal Nite.

Like the True Love Knot package. We have one other couple with us, and I'm sure we will meet a number of others that would like to join us.

Someone asked about Photo Packages. I understand from another thread that Solstice has a $99 package for all photos you are in. Don't know it for sure. I assume it doesn't include these photos.

Denny

Denny ~ Be sure to read all the info on the =X= website about the True Love Knot package; we are thinking about doing this during our 11.5.09 TA as our 16th Anniversary falls right in the middle of the cruise. I think I read on the website that they can't guarantee this specific package on formal nights (and of course our anniversary falls on a formal night :( ). I could be wrong, so I'm going to check again - I just wanted to mention it, though.

You are right, they won't guarantee it on a formal night; also, when we were on Solstice, they quit doing the $99 packages (they were $129 by then too). The packages didn't include any "special" shots, such as studio sittings or renewals. They were doing the special the first week, not the second. Apparently it had been a trial program, that they discontinued.

Archived