Check in time

tokyo

My cruise (Volendam Aug 5th) departs Vancouver at 5pm. I am staying the night before the cruise in the Fairmont Waterside hotel. I am under the impression that the hotel is a short distance from the terminal. Can anyone tell me what time they start to check people in. I would prefer to check in a soon as I can.

My cruise (Volendam Aug 5th) departs Vancouver at 5pm. I am staying the night before the cruise in the Fairmont Waterside hotel. I am under the impression that the hotel is a short distance from the terminal. Can anyone tell me what time they start to check people in. I would prefer to check in a soon as I can.

Hi Tokyo,

We stayed at the same hotel after or Alaska cruise and it only a 5 min cab ride. If you want you can head over to the ship around 10:30am and have the porters check your bags at the peir. Then go inside and check in and you should be able to get onboard by 11:00-11:30am. Your cabin will not be ready that soon but you can head up to the Lido and get some lunch. An anoucemnt will be made around 1:00-1:30pm that the cabins are ready for passengers.

Have a great cruise!

John

for the advice. Guess I will head over to the ship around 10.30 am.
That's about the time we head to the pier for most cruises. A lot will depend on the disembarkation of the previous cruise.

However, the cruise lines are very interested in getting you checked in and on board....along with your shipboard account card.:D The sooner there are new passengers on board the sooner the ship starts selling drinks, excursions, spa appointments, etc.etc.

We've made it on before 11. Usually between 11 and 12. If there are problems from the previouse cruise it can be after 12.

Charlie

the terrible moment when all the cocktails and other items you used the card for hits you in the wallet :rolleyes:

LOL... I always seem to be around the front desk the last night of a cruise and watch all these poor souls with this long sheet in their hands say to the rep "there has to be a mistake, there is no way we could have spent this much money during the cruise" (lol).

John

is a complete change to what I am use to. First my partner will be staying back home in the UK, as she will not do the long flight to Vancouver. To date, all our cruises have departed and returned to the UK and most have gone to the Med.

So I will be on my own, in a stange country, facing the prospect of rain and very little sunshine :rolleyes:

But at least my on board account will be a lot less than last year :D

I should add that I am into photography big time and have always wanted to go to Alaska.

Archived