Which check-in desk ?

H2Otstr

I have a flight from Wilmington, NC to Rome that was originally on Delta. Now I am flying from ILM to Atlanta on Delta and then the next flight has been switched to Northwest. Do we check in at Northwest in Atlanta ?

Also, I want to bring my own earphones and was wondering if they will be compatable with the plug configuration on the seat plug. On another flight I had a single plug that went into a two-pronged plug and I could only hear out of one ear. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

You will check your luggage at ILM and not see it until you claim it in Rome. With any luck, you will get your boarding pass for the flight to Rome when you check in at ILM. Please note that Delta bought Northwest and they had been partners in the same alliance for years prior to this.

Delta is moving planes around post-acquisition which is why this has suddenly become a NW plane.

No idea about the audio plug, sorry. I have well over a million miles on Northworst and have yet to plug in their or my own earphones to their system.

It depends. Since you're going through Atlanta you will probably check in at Delta.

It doesn't "depend". And ATL is merely a connection point - you will have already been checked in with boarding passes in hand. So, let's get to the real answer and the real reason.

ILM-ATL-FCO: You will check-in with the operating carrier at ILM (which is DL). You will receive BPs for both flights and your bags will be checked through to FCO (be sure of this before the bags go down the belt - look at the bag tags for a big FCO). When you reach ATL, check the monitors for your gate info. Most all international flights from ATL depart either the E or T concourses. You will claim your bags and go through immigration and customs at FCO, not before.

You can get adaptor kits for your headphone plug at electronic stores such as Radio Shack. Or online at Megellans or a similar company. My Bose headphones came with several adaptors and I don't remember which planes had which plugs but it seems I have used the double prong adaptor most.

Archived