I may be a doofus...(re: promotional DVD)

Theora

But I'm okay with that.

Seriously, I had a severely unpleasant day at work, and when I got home, I was in a lot of pain. I made a snack, took something for the pain, and now I'm getting ready to pop in the DVD that I got in the mail from Carnival. I know it's just going to be stupid stuff, but I can't help myself.

Does anyone else do this to prepare for their cruises or just to chill out after a rough day? Am I the only one in the world who seriously watches these things (I watched the Princess one this week-end and just drifted away to fantasy-land) on purpose?

going to hide my head in a bag from shame,

Theora

You go to carnival.com and go to where you request a brochure and request a brochure and a dvd. Wait around a week and the fedex man will drop off right at your house. That is when you should go fix your snack and take pain pills to settle in and watch video, at least that is the way it worked for me.

OK, I have a doofus question of my own:

What DVD is this, and where can I get one of my own???

It's a neat little DVD that Carnival put together... Joe Farcus is in there discussing the theme for each one of the ships... It's pretty neat!

You can find the link on the top left of this page:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Promos/online_brochure.aspx

:)

It's pretty simple to get it, actually. Took about a week or so to arrive. I just went to the Carnival site. There's a place there (don't have the link right in front of me) where you can order a brochure or a DVD or both. I chose both. It was sent to me for the low low price of $Free, and now every time I go out to smoke, I take my brochure with me so I can pore over deck plans for my July cruise, and I'll be sitting here watching the DVD while the painkillers kick in.

Glad I'm not alone, though! *whew*

Doofus and proud,

Theora

It's a neat little DVD that Carnival put together... Joe Farcus is in there discussing the theme for each one of the ships... It's pretty neat!

And thank you, Mach, for having that link readily available. Me, I only have the Gifts and Services link available. I'm planning a birthday cruise for my BF, and have been sending that link out to anyone who can't go with us. I think he's gonna get to the cabin to find, like, 5 FunShip Freddy plush toys waiting for him. BWAHAHA!

I just ordered my DVD to get me excited about my upcoming cruise!! See, this is what I like about CC...never would have thought to have done this on my own :p

Yep! That's what this place is all about! People who love cruising helping people who love cruising!!

Thank you for the link- I just ordered mine.

Hello everyone, my name is cyn and I am a cruise-a-holic.........

YAY! I just did it!!!! Is the DVD just about the ship you are inquiring about or about the ship that are going to sail on next? If so, will I need to order a different DVD or any other ship that I am going to sail on some day?

Thanks MACH!

YAY! I just did it!!!! Is the DVD just about the ship you are inquiring about or about the ship that are going to sail on next? If so, will I need to order a different DVD or any other ship that I am going to sail on some day?

Thanks MACH!

You're welcome!!

The DVD has all the ships in the fleet! It's lots of fun... plenty of great images of ports, the interiors of the ships...

Great stuff!!

Woo hoo! Ordered mine. Can't wait to watch it! :D

Hey Mach,

I wonder why they have not put the 2009-2010 book up yet? It is the one we got in the Sunday Funday box. It was published by in Dec 2008 and would answer everyones questions about the 2010 schedules.

I had answered that one lady's questions about the Truimph's schedule in June 2010 on John's Blog but she is still asking him for it. She is going to be disappointed as there are no Eastern 7-nighters going out in June.

Dave

Hello...... my name is LorrieB. It has been 2 days since I had my last fix watching the Carnival DVD...... (and from the crowd) Hello LorrieB!!!!!!!!

See, everyone.... sometimes being a doofus can be fun and informative!!!!!!!!! Off to get my next Carnival fix!!!!!!! Where's the popcorn??????????

Hey Mach,

I wonder why they have not put the 2009-2010 book up yet? It is the one we got in the Sunday Funday box. It was published by in Dec 2008 and would answer everyones questions about the 2010 schedules.

I had answered that one lady's questions about the Truimph's schedule in June 2010 on John's Blog but she is still asking him for it. She is going to be disappointed as there are no Eastern 7-nighters going out in June.

Dave

Sorry about this can of worms I'm opening..... will the Conquest be cruising the Eastern Caribbean in September 2010?????? Tell me Obewan, you're my only hope!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mach,

Dave

That book was published 'early'... expect changes...

;)

I bet Carnival is wondering where are this traffic on their website is coming from! :) I have the 2009-2010 brochure, I see someone was wondering about it. If you ordered one recently, that should be the one you receive...now where that dvd?...I know it's around here somewhere.:confused:

Archived