I may be a doofus...(re: promotional DVD)

Theora

I have DVDs from Princess and Carnival. while I enjoy both, it seems Princess' has better production values.

It's also longer, and has way more drool-worthy information. I wish that Carnival's was as awesome, but it will do for my nefarious purposes. I may have to hit up the other cruise lines' sites and see if they offer DVDs. That way, I'll be prepared no matter which line I choose to cruise.

Greetings, fellow doofuses (doofi?), and cruise addicts!! Love that DVD, have had two of them, gave 'em both away and need to get another. BUT I have voyage videos from all my Carnival & Princess trips, and I go to carnival.com and watching the Farcus videos of the individual ships, and then there are the 360-degree virtual tours. And goodness gracious let's not forget YouTube, some cool videos posted there. Yep, I love looking at them all. They're great stress reducers, fun to look at when I'm planning, and great for the anticipation when my next cruise is getting close.

Like now :) when I'll be on Freedom in less than eight weeks. I've cruised on Sensation (weird), Imagination (fun), Inspiration (Serenity deck woohoo), and Legend (my favorite ship design). So I'm really looking forward to Freedom, my first Conquest-class, we have an aft balcony on Empress and I'm already looking forward to designing the display of paper umbrellas. :D Yeah I guess Carnival cruises can be kinda predictable, but the sea itself never is, it's always different, and no two sunsets are the same. At times like that it probably doesn't matter whether there's a cha-cha lesson about to start.

Happy sailing, everybody - hope to see you on the high seas someday!

I will be on the freedom on the 5-9-09 cruise .

i want to make my own video to watch.

Dining room at dinner , balcony shots, piano bar w/ vince , going down the slide. And of course The lido deck w/ DOD in hand looking at all the girls in bikinis w/ BIG OLE Sunglasses.

I have the DVD and use it to prepare my soon to be 3 year old for her first cruise in October on the Paradise!

She always asks to watch the "Big Boat Movie" lol.

Tolani

"Cruise addict" with a young cruise addict in training.:p

I watched the DVD over the weekend (I had requested in November to put in my son's surprise we're leaving in 4 days for a cruise Christmas Present). I will admit I was disappointed. I thought it would spend more than 5 seconds on each ship. I wanted more details!!! It definitely left me wanting more and I don't know if I had never been on a cruise it would make me want to go. The section about ports was pathetic - you couldn't get any info about them. It did not make my son want one port over another.

The only helpful thing was the 5 seconds spent on what each ship means - Sensation is decorated to represent the 5 senses - I think ..... Anyway - I wish they had spent way more more time on the information about the names of the ships.

I watched the DVD over the weekend (I had requested in November to put in my son's surprise we're leaving in 4 days for a cruise Christmas Present). I will admit I was disappointed. I thought it would spend more than 5 seconds on each ship. I wanted more details!!! It definitely left me wanting more and I don't know if I had never been on a cruise it would make me want to go. The section about ports was pathetic - you couldn't get any info about them. It did not make my son want one port over another.

The only helpful thing was the 5 seconds spent on what each ship means - Sensation is decorated to represent the 5 senses - I think ..... Anyway - I wish they had spent way more more time on the information about the names of the ships.

Thank you very much for spoiling the plot!:mad:

Just wanted to let you all know I received mine Friday. It's not the best video, but I plan on showing it to the newbie cruisers who are going with us on our Freedom cruise. I think it does a good job of explaining most everything that is truly important to know. I'll fill them in on the details. ;)

I received mine about three weeks and was very disappointed in it. This new DVD deals with the ships fleetwide instead of the old VHS that was focused specifically on the ship one was sailing on. Even though they featured Kathy Giford (think that's her name or something like that) they were MUCH more comprehensive about what was going on and it didn't stop constantly whereas you now have to click on various subjects and destinations. The new one is so disjointed and our family didn't like it at all, in comparison to the old ones they are definitely substandard.

But I'm okay with that.

Seriously, I had a severely unpleasant day at work, and when I got home, I was in a lot of pain. I made a snack, took something for the pain, and now I'm getting ready to pop in the DVD that I got in the mail from Carnival. I know it's just going to be stupid stuff, but I can't help myself.

Does anyone else do this to prepare for their cruises or just to chill out after a rough day? Am I the only one in the world who seriously watches these things (I watched the Princess one this week-end and just drifted away to fantasy-land) on purpose?

going to hide my head in a bag from shame,

Theora

I'm with ya...just sent away for mine.

I received mine about three weeks and was very disappointed in it. This new DVD deals with the ships fleetwide instead of the old VHS that was focused specifically on the ship one was sailing on. Even though they featured Kathy Giford (think that's her name or something like that) they were MUCH more comprehensive about what was going on and it didn't stop constantly whereas you now have to click on various subjects and destinations. The new one is so disjointed and our family didn't like it at all, in comparison to the old ones they are definitely substandard.

I agree. I remember my Carnival Destiny and my Inspiration tapes. Damnit, now I have the songs stuck in my head. :|

Archived