I may be a doofus...(re: promotional DVD)

Theora

It's a neat little DVD that Carnival put together... Joe Farcus is in there discussing the theme for each one of the ships... It's pretty neat!

You can find the link on the top left of this page:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Promos/online_brochure.aspx

:)

OH Gessh....i didn't need nothing else to drive me absolutely INSANE:D

Well, I hope everyone who orders the dvd gets it. I received one last year, but ordered another one to be delivered to the "in-laws" we are cruising with next month. I asked them weeks later, and they said they didn't receive it yet. So, I ordered it again, checked the address, double checked it. They didn't recieve it either. So, I ordered it again, they still have not recieved it after one month. At this point, we're all just so frustrated, we'll wait to watch mine the night before we leave for the cruise.

Well, I can't help anyone else with the pain pills, but I did go ahead and change my sig file to indicate what a queen doofus I am. No shame here! Feel free to do the same. (Nobody else gets to be Empress Supreme, but you are all charter members, as far as I'm concerned.) Not like you need anything else in your sig file, Mach, but I'm considering giving you the title "Secretary of Telling You Where To Go" or something like that.

(Heh...I suckered the BF into watching it with me. He thought we were just taunting my roommates into going on his birthday cruise, but when I saw his face while he watched, I put in the Princess one right after. He'd already declined that one last week-end, saying, "I don't really need to watch an infomercial". He wound up making all sorts of "oooh....okay, THAT would be awesome" statements, and we even got to point to the screen and say, "We were there! We did THAT!" a bunch of times. My evil plan, it is working.)

Doofus and proud,

Theora

It's a neat little DVD that Carnival put together... Joe Farcus is in there discussing the theme for each one of the ships... It's pretty neat!

Thanks! I looked on the site yesterday and couldn't find it. We did this with Disney and the kids loved to watch it!

Going on the Glory next week...But I just ordered a DVD...it'll help sooth the withdrawel symptoms after i get back!!

You go to carnival.com and go to where you request a brochure and request a brochure and a dvd. Wait around a week and the fedex man will drop off right at your house. That is when you should go fix your snack and take pain pills to settle in and watch video, at least that is the way it worked for me.

Hey, thanks for the information! I just ordered a brochure and DVD.

YAY!! just ordered our copy as well. and also a friend a copy. she never cruised before an well it is 1 way of getting her interested in next yrs cruise we are already in the planning of. :D

I really wanted my sister to love cruising as much as I did so i signed her up a year ago so that she could get the DVD and Brochure. I have received 4 of them but every time I get one for some reason I find another person I want to get hooked on cruising and I give it out, then i have to request another one. Oh well no big deal if it gets my friends hooked!!!! I love my DVD's and here in Canada when its -50 and the kids are going nuts we pop in the DVDs and watch the ship as it sails on our TV screen. It has also been great to teach the little kids about the ship in prep for our upcoming cruise in November!!!!!!

Thank you for the link. I just ordered ours and it should be here when we return from the Miracle. I have one for Princess and we also have one on the Caribbean that we watch on a cold winter night in PA. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Maybe I'm a doofus too because I think the anticipation of the trip is part of the fun. The cruise itself can be over much too quickly so why not stretch out the excitement? I plan months in advance and love to read posts and see other people's photos just to keep the excitement level high for all those months until we actually sail. I think I'll go get a dvd too!

I've had my DVD for about 2 years. Is there a new one, possibly with the Dream and Splendor?

I've watched mine so many times, I can actually recite along with the DVD.

Now who's Queen of Doophus club??:eek:

I've had my DVD for about 2 years. Is there a new one, possibly with the Dream and Splendor?

I've watched mine so many times, I can actually recite along with the DVD.

Now who's Queen of Doophus club??:eek:

Alright, Doofus Queen, I'll tell you that the DVD I just got *does* have Dream and Splendor on. I guess now you've a new one to memorize! I plan on being able to recite the darn thing by the time we board in July as well.

What I think would be funny would be reciting the DVD as you're walking through the ship and getting busted by one of the CD staff. Seems like just the sort of thing that would happen to me.

man, I get excited just to see a cruise commercial...esp the carnival ones. I do miss the "somewhere beyond the sea" one most. Sometimes I'll catch myself at work singing it to myself (like now)....:rolleyes:

Hello all, I'm Nikki, I'm a cruise addict. My last cruise was in Aug, 2007...and I'm DYING to get on the Miracle in November!

But I'm okay with that.

Seriously, I had a severely unpleasant day at work, and when I got home, I was in a lot of pain. I made a snack, took something for the pain, and now I'm getting ready to pop in the DVD that I got in the mail from Carnival. I know it's just going to be stupid stuff, but I can't help myself.

Does anyone else do this to prepare for their cruises or just to chill out after a rough day? Am I the only one in the world who seriously watches these things (I watched the Princess one this week-end and just drifted away to fantasy-land) on purpose?

going to hide my head in a bag from shame,

Theora

I have DVDs from Princess and Carnival. while I enjoy both, it seems Princess' has better production values.

I just ordered mine too... YAY!! Thanks for giving me something to look forward to! Now let's hope THIS is the thing that pushes me over the top to actually book the next one... unfortunately, the book and dvd are free... the cruise isn't! Getting close though... I know it'll happen again!

Alright, Doofus Queen, I'll tell you that the DVD I just got *does* have Dream and Splendor on. I guess now you've a new one to memorize! I plan on being able to recite the darn thing by the time we board in July as well.

What I think would be funny would be reciting the DVD as you're walking through the ship and getting busted by one of the CD staff. Seems like just the sort of thing that would happen to me.

Well, I guess I better mosey on over to the carnival website and order up me a new DVD! I've got homework to do before June!

Archived