Does Waitlisted for Dinner mean We Eat a Big Lunch?

Ingrid83

Hi All,

Couldn't get buy-in on the cruise until 10 days before sailing, so am in a "guaranteed room" (skimming the boards, I just hope I won't end up in a specially accessible room and have to deal with folks giving me a piece of their mind all week) and waitlisted for early sitting dinner.

This is not a huge problem for me, I don't eat much and I know you can certainly do fine with breakfast, lunch, tea, and I believe there is a 24 hour pizza place, too. But I expect my husband would be comforted to know that people on the dinner waitlist actually do get to have dinner - if not in the formal dining room then in the casual alternative? We don't particularly care early or late.

Many thanks,

Ingrid 83

Of course you get dinner---right now, it sounds like they've put you in the late (2nd) seating...and they're waiting for a spot in the main seating to open....you'll get dinner, but it might be later than you'd like!

Simply go to the dining room on boarding day and reiterate that you'd like main seating! If you don't care about the time, then you're all set!

Of course you get dinner---right now, it sounds like they've put you in the late (2nd) seating...and they're waiting for a spot in the main seating to open....you'll get dinner, but it might be later than you'd like!

Simply go to the dining room on boarding day and reiterate that you'd like main seating! If you don't care about the time, then you're all set!

Thanks - that's funny, I always assumed later dinner was more popular (more fashionable, more european, whatever). If we're actually in the late seating, that's fine, I won't bother changing it.

Cheers,

Ingrid 83

If you are assigned an accessable cabin at this late date it means nobody really needs it so nobody should be giving you the evil eye. Most people don't know which cabins those are and shouldn't know where your cabin is anyway. As for waitlisted, you will be assigned a table in the MDR, they just don't know at which seating yet or at which table. That should be settled before you arrive but go to the maitre'd and check the location after you board. Happy sailing!

If you are assigned an accessable cabin at this late date it means nobody really needs it so nobody should be giving you the evil eye.

Oh, I agree, but it's not like I'm going to have a posterboard that reads "I booked a non-specified room 10 days ago" on my back. But I expect it is highly unlikely. Just getting all my neurotic worries out ahead of time ;-) Some people worry about sinking or pirates or norovirus.... okay, I admit, I worry about norovirus!

Ingris 83

As one of those that need and book the HC cabins I have no problem with you being assigned on at the last minute and I am sure no one else would either, I don't give the evil eye to such passengers. I have spoken to passengers on ships where I was denied a HC cabin, in one case after having booked one a year in advance and then the cruise ship moved me and could not get me back in one, there were only four on that ship and I DID speak to the people in them once on board. three of the four were booked by able bodied people who did not need them and they had been placed in them by their TA or by NCL. They had no idea anyone else had needed them.

Even then I spoke to them to inquire but I was not rude in any way, and they were all surprised. NCL continued to refuse to change our cabin even though a couple of those people were willing too.

Now if I overhear someone on board boasting about how they booked an HC cabin because it was HUGE, them I will tell what I think, and give the EVIL eye LOL

Some of of do prefer the late seating, Ingrid. It means you don't have to rush back from shore excursions----you can clean up nicely and in no rush. It gives you time for a decent "cocktail hour" if you so choose.

And has been stated, you'll get dinner. I have not heard of anyone starving on a cruise ship yet!:D

You will have a dining room to go to for dinner. You didn't specify the ship or cruise line, so some of tis may not apply.

1. You may clear the waitlist and get a table for first seating Traditinal Dining.

2. If you don't clear the waitlist, you will be assigned to the open dining option, if your ship offers it. For instance, on Princess it is called Anytime Dining.

3. If neither of the above applies, you will be assigned to second seating Tradtional.

Archived